Classics, just g1, or maybe more?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    so i was playing with my beast wars 10th megs and primal, and got to thinkin how they almost seem more like should be classics then 10th anniversary figs....especially megs...its like they took the character, took more distinct features, and put them into a really cool toy, and thats totally what classics seems like so far....so, my wondering is should there be other series in classics, or just g1? i'd personally love to see a classics terrorsaur, deluxe sized, and similiar to his cartoon appearance, and maybe even a menasor in the same vein as the energon combiners...and is there a higher pricepoint yet? or just 10 and 20 bucks? cuz a $50 broadside would be amazing....anyway, yeah, so what does everyone else think?

oh yeah, anyone think that maybe the rumored TF heroes show could be using the classics molds as well, just reissue them and have a show, that way they can cram a ton more awesome molds into classics/heroes?

2. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I could dig having classic interpretations from other shows, but isn't the Titanium series similar, with out the size classes though?

3. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I doubt we'll see larger figures int he classics line. I expect $20 to be the most you pay for any one figure. The movie figures will probably go up to $50. The consensus is that the classics line is a 'tweener series to keep sales up during the holiday. It'll be nice when the movie rolls around to have a huge toy release in mid summer, that usually doesn't happen, right?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I like the way you went with that, and I have to agree. It would also be interesting to see classics renditions of say G2 bots, and even some Beast Wars ones. It would also be nice to see this line have a show to go along with it. In ways Titanium is similar, but Titanium contains more characters from different storylines than just ones from G1, like Classics so far. Peace out.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a good idea but I do hope Hasbro keep in within G1 for now.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, but let it be the full G1. Cover Japnaese G1 too. It would be cool seeing Star Saber, Victory Leo, Over Lord, Black Zarak etc. released as Classics!:music 

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you want to count the LOC repaints with Classics-style packaging as classics, then you'vs got one Japanese Beast Wars character in "Leo Prime".

I won't bother trying to interpret exactly what continuity all them new Minicons come from. :) 

8. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

well, its also just a remolded version of universe

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, Lio Kaiser MUST come first!! I've wanted him made with today's technology for quite awhile now.