Classics Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Destroyificator Prime, Nov 20, 2006.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    That happened to mine, too. The cockpit was pinned on at a slight angle. I don't remember how I fixed it, although I remember it took a long time.

2. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine has never had that problem, you might of just been unlucky

3. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

ugh, Please tell me someone out there remembers a fix :\

4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this guy in a trade today...
    [​IMG]
    Been collecting as an adult now for the last 2 years now, ever since I took my 3 year old son to see Dark of the Moon in the Theatre.
    [​IMG]
    Since I found out it existed, I've been trying to get this guy. Today it finally happened!
    [​IMG]
    As soon as we opened this guy, I put on the DVD of Season 1 and we watched Fire in the Sky and Fire on the Mountain.
    [​IMG]
    I had an original G1 Jetfire back in '85 and it was my favorite Transformer at the time. My son has not acted this excited about a TF in quite some time.
    [​IMG]
    When my son finally allowed me to transform him into a robot, the first thing he had me do was put a reprolabel on his "chest"!

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    That's awesome, he looks happy! It's a truly great toy. Nice to see a kid enjoying it. :) 

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got mine off a board member as well.

There is a LOT of toy here, kinda unbelievable wehn I pick up other modern Voyagers and see just how different they are - like half a toy nowadays.

Anyway, the joints on mine are scary tight and while I think the sheer number of weapons is very cool, I have to admit that his poseability being so limited is kinda disappointing - all because of those feet.

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

Great toy!

8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of the hundreds of transformers I have sold, traded, or lost...this one is the one I regret getting rid of most. At the time this one came out, I had ALL the classics in the line..I sold them all...

Dumbass..

9. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Love this mold. I have every version of it. I particularly like the 'dark' Skyfire.

10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i saw ne of these in a second hand store a few weeks ago for 10 bucks, but it was missing its helmet, backpack and gun... should i regret not getting it? :lol 

11. Che

Che Well-Known Member

Actually, the only big problem regarding articulation is the lacking of a swivel above the elbow joint (and that is a big problem for me, unfortunately). The feet are not a problem if you are able to adjust ("force") the feet (the whole jets) to go a little forward (one or two "clicks" forward) so the figure gain some heels, which helps a lot with the backpack. You may have to disassemble/reassemble the feet in order to do that (I had one figure that I could adjust the feet just applying a little force, but other was resisting more so I had to disassemble/reassemble the feet because I was fearing to break them, but it is a easy job...).

Just to give you an idea how that works wonderfully: I have right now my jetfire standing in one leg with that backpack on him...

Attached Files:

12. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Jetfire is a great figure and all, but the lack of certain joints make him look a bit awkward when posing. He's missing bicep swivel, waist and upper leg swivel. As he is, I can't get him in any cool looking poses. He even looks kind of dwerpy just standing there with his fat legs and stubby arms.

13. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I still love this guy. Of course, I might be just a little biased, since Jetfire is my favorite TF character ever. This mold has it's problems (the feet, lack of swivels in the right places) but the accessories help it stand the test of time.

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is still one of my top ten molds. Yeah, his lack of upper thigh swivel makes posing kinda tough, but he can get into some good poses and he has a pretty high level of playability despite that. (he has the helmet gimmick, backpack with transformable guns, splitting hand gun with firing missiles) I also feel his transformation is possibly the most fun I have transforming any transformer. It's intuitive but not so simple that you just stand him up and have a jet on his back.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a pretty bad ass figure. A lot of the stuff Hasbro/Takara were doing back then was pretty spectacular.

16. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Admins/Mods please merge my profile and Destroyificator Prime's as we are the same person. I made this account because I lost my original account's password.

Thank you.

17. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

You ever find a fix for this? I just got one and it's got the same issue.

18. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

Nope, I never did and nobody ever seemed to have the same issue.

19. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

One of the best toys ever made and was clearly the most memorable toy for me as a kid. The playabillity is amazing you could play with him for months, I dont buy many tfs but im yet to see a tf suceed as being a toy as much as this does. I

it is simple incredible. I wish I still had him just so I could play with him again... and activate his super.mode!!

20. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that there will be a leader Jetfire for the Thrilling 30 line.