Classics Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Destroyificator Prime, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Destroyificator Prime

Destroyificator Prime What an ass!

What can I say? Like all the rest of the Classic line he simply rocks!

He's an awesome likeness of the classic Macross/Robotech design, so much so he prompts people to ask if he is indeed a Macross Valkyre when I put him next to the Macross mechs.

I love the nod to the original toy and the cartoon alt modes. His nose has been squared up to better resemble his screen counterpart while the boosters of the Valkyre armor are clearly present. Except this time the boosters house sweet spring-loaded flip-out blasters!. My favorite part of the alt mode is his removable boosters and missle launchers, which when removed, make him look more like a normal plane, another sweet nod to the original toy.

His bot mode is awesome. Again we see the fusion of both the G1 toy and the cartoon. His head and chest are presented in a decidedly cartoon fashion, while his boosters, legs and arms look more like the toy. The best part is the helmet that looks like a Valkrye which you can remove to reveal his animated face.

I wish I could say something about his missle launchers, but sadly, he didn't come with them, but he did come with his missles?!:( ...( I hope this is a simple packaging error, but it is still disturbing as Transfomers are certainly not known for missing parts! )

Overall I think he may be a 10! Maybe a 10+ if he had his missle launchers!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, can't wait for one! Hope you can find another Jetfire in store so you can get some missle launchers and tell the store they were missing.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet. I can't wait to get this guy. I've been wanting him since I first saw pics of him. I'm going to check him in the box to make sure that he is all there and that he has good paint apps. I haven't had trouble yet, but I did a thorough check over my BB and Screamer that I've gotten. Classics Jetfire will be my own personal Grail of sorts. I hope that I see him the next time that I go to either Wally World or Target. Whichever one comes first. The couldn't do any more to this guy to make him any better than he already is. I just hope that they change their minds on choosing not to releas Cosmos. He and Jetfire would look great standing next to each other. Peace out.

4. TSFC

TSFC Banned

He is without a doubt better than G1 Jetfire, and kicks quite possibly the best ass of all the Classics so far.

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

:useless 

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Surely you jest.

While he's a great toy, he's like a Very Poor Man's Valkyrie, what with those awkward arms sticking out of the sides and the nosecone that looks like it came off the front of a small tank, and the unfortunately visible jetpack clips on his fuselage.

7. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Fists are disappointing in Jet mode. I am ok with the nosecone. His hips could have been better, as they are now, they are really good, but somewhat limited in the range of hip motion. Face mold is excellent in both modes. Excellent figure, with some design cheats.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm exactly opposite on that. I hate the way the Valkyrie's look, and love the way that Jetfire looks. I personally don't thinkt that Valkyrie's are worth what they cost, while Jetfire here, is cheaper than I think that he is worth for how good he is, so getting him for only 20 bucks is an added bonus. Peace out.

9. Destroyificator Prime

Destroyificator Prime What an ass!

He looks alot like the newer Macross mechs, like the Shadow. I had him in plane mode with his boosters next to the Shadow (Sue's) and the Ben Dixon with it's armor. Two of my friends actually did inquire as to if he was infact a Macross.

For the record, I don't think he looks just like a Macross! I just said that there is design influence from the VF's, and that people have asked if he is a VF.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Shadows are from Mospeada

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Classics Jetfire, in my humble opinion, rocks. :) 

The last year or two, when I got a new tf, there wasn't much excitement, mostly a feeling of "ok, one less tf to buy to complete the line". That all changed with C. Jetfire. I haven't been this excited about a tf in a long time.

12. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Classics Jetfire is one of the best figures to come out in a while. He is great as a display piece, and his playability is just off the charts. its simply an amazing toy. a must buy for anyone who doesn't have it.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm confused. How can they be part of your favorite part if he didn't come with them? Aren't the launchers built into the forearm armor?

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm loving this guy. The helmet is a bit big for my taste and his hip joints are kinda weird, but beggars can't be choosers, right? ^_^

15. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I love this mold, the throwbacks to both the G1 Skyfire character and the G1 Jetfire toy make this an A- toy for me.

16. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Read the full part:

Meaning he's basing his opinion on the pictures of the fully complete figure.

17. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

See. to me it doesn't look that way. His head being big I mean. Look at it straight on. its not that big. it just looks big at angles.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just picked him up today and I'd like to echo what others have said - he's terrific.

I'm a little nervous about the collapsing joint at the knees. It seems a little weak, and I can see it giving way after a while (ala G1 Shockwave).

19. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I can see the hinges on the back assembly could possibly do the same as well. Crackalackin' all over the place.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    very nice in both modes.

i wish the wings and backpack were more like the cartoon version, but hes still pretty neat.

highly recommended...if u can find him, due to the 1:4 case ratio that he comes in.

what a lame ass bio tho. star pirates of blot nebula? wtf. the copywriters have been excellent of late, since cybertron, but jetfires one is an absolute stinker.