Customs: Classics Jetfire to VF-1S *Need some suggestions*

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, Jan 17, 2009.

  1. Boggs6ft7

    Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    May 25, 2006
    Posts:
    2,399
    Trophy Points:
    216
    Likes:
    +0
    I plan on taking a classics jetfire and giving him a VF-1S paint scheme. I can make and adaptation for most of him, except his chest.

    Jetfire's chest is too narrow at the top to create the same look as the VF-1S. I thought a good compromise would be to take the band that is red at the top of jetfire and painting it yellow, then leaving the parts that are black. The problem mainly comes from the two not having the same transformation.

    I would like to hear any other suggestions of overcoming that chest area, it seems minor but it bugs me and I want to have a clear path before I start.
     
  2. REDLINE

    REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2004
    Posts:
    27,867
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    296
    Likes:
    +3
    well, I wouldn't WANT it to be EXACT, you wanna adapt the VF-1's scheme to the new body. just tinker digitally with a photo until you come up with something to your liking is my only suggestion.
     
  3. Lord Of Tetris

    Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Posts:
    3,404
    Trophy Points:
    207
    Likes:
    +6
    Might also consider a removable heat shield. It can be an unorthodox callback to Bandai's 1/55 VF-1S, and you can paint it however you wish. You can even paint the VF-1 stripe. :) 
     
  4. Boggs6ft7

    Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    May 25, 2006
    Posts:
    2,399
    Trophy Points:
    216
    Likes:
    +0
    I'm a horrible digibasher, but I might give it a try.

    Thanks for the suggestions.
     
  5. Boggs6ft7

    Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    May 25, 2006
    Posts:
    2,399
    Trophy Points:
    216
    Likes:
    +0
    Not trying to necropost, but I didn't feel my project warranted a WIP thread.

    Here is a peek at my Jetfire to VF-1S conversion. Hopefully I will finish it sometime over Memorial Day weekend, but I'm taking the GRE, going to a cookout, and then to the 500; and all of those will take priority.

    Something I wish I could pull off is the "U.N. SPACY" on the legs, but I can't. The decals I have are too long and would run into the "knob" that holds his arms when they fold down. I toyed with the idea of just shaving them off since they are not needed, but then I would need to fill in hte recessed areas on the black band and I'm just too chicken to ruin my toy. The other idea would be to print out a new UN SPACY, and I may still do that.

    Anyways, more to come later.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. REDLINE

    REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2004
    Posts:
    27,867
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    296
    Likes:
    +3
    that's what I would do. just make your own sticker.
     
  7. QmTablit

    QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Posts:
    9,428
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +2
    I'm going to throw it out there that I think it does deserve a WIP thread.

    If only because we'd hopefully get more pictures out of it. That looks amazing so far.
     
  8. Boggs6ft7

    Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    May 25, 2006
    Posts:
    2,399
    Trophy Points:
    216
    Likes:
    +0
    If I had taken more pictures of the whole process, then I would have, but I didn't. I'm really bad about that.
     

Share This Page