Customs: classics jazz

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i have a spare classics prowl (sticky paint and missing foot pin) and i was thinking about making a classics jazz since there isnt one. not really sure where to start though

obviously its not a porsche but close and other than the head and shoulder missle all it really needs is a repaint. this is my first full blown attempt at something like this, but im ready for a new challenge (n really in the same boat but i like to work on muscle cars resto from the ground up)

what are some tips you guys could throw it and suggestions on getting a head for this guy

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Your best bets are to use the head of Actionmaster Jazz, or contact guys like frenzy_rumble to get a cast of the Botcon Jazz head.

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    hey man thanks for pointing me in a direction hopefully FR can help me out
    any tips on paints and such?

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    so i have been scanning the tutorial section and saw how to take the pins and such out, but how do you take apart the things that hold the wheels on??

and i need an opinion should do g1 style doors (just like prowls) or more like the idw all hail megatron where they are on the arms?

all opinions welcome.

even if its just wait they make one sooner or later hahaha

5. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Fussion Krylon paint works good. I've done a Jazz out of a Classics Prowl before but sold it. I am starting a new one though, so if you want to go step by step with me, lmk. I'm not sure about the Botcon Jazz head, I remembered something where the Botcon folks asked to have all repro Jazz head stopped. It never hurts to ask...

I would go with the door "wings":) 

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yeah i sent frenzy rumble a pm about it but he never got back to me i saw somewhere a guy took the prowl head and a rotf smokescreen vizor and made one that turned out alright

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, sorry man. can't do those heads anymore.

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    No biggy I saw you got a c&d letter about the botcon head but didn't know if you had something else you could do. Thanks for chiming in. Love your work by the way

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    oh and jazzed im definantly interestted to see what you are doing there are some parts im not sure how to take apart so i can paint. may switch the waist pieces with the silverstreak so i dont have to paint that (going for the factory look) and i think i might have an action master jazz head stuck in my original stuff from home so i may be in business

and wings would be a lot easier but i really like the IDW rendering of jazz but this is my first one so eaiser would probably be smarter huh

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody mentioned that action master jazz heads work well

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    well i lied i dont have one but there is one that is close but needs repainting

also found a wheeljack head and i have a spare sideswipe also

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    so i found an action master head that might work just needs some paint and another one that could work for my spare sideswipe what do you guys think

Attached Files:

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think it's possible to turn a Prowl head into a Jazz with a bit of work. I think someone did a guide on it, do a quick search.

Other than that, I agree with the AM Jazz - shouldn't be too pricey either.

The other thing I'd suggest is cut off the headlight section of the doors and glue them to the chest (check my customs link in my sig and look at my Jazz to see what I mean). The bulk gives it a more "Jazz" appearance rather than just as a repainted Prowl.

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i know what you are talking about i have really been trying to figure out a way to do it where the doors fold up behind the roof instead of out to the side and i think i have a way to do that but it needs some work to work in carmode up until now i havent wanted to start hacking on him till i had a head that would work and now i do so i think im gonna go for it this is my first but i thnk one of the simplest as you said its pretty much a repaint