Minor/Repaint: Classics Ironhide WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kuma Style, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just got Ironhide not too long ago, and he came with some heavy paint wear, most noticeably in alt mode, so I decided to try to "go for it" and start painting him up myself. So, after a few hours reading the tutorials and tips here, here it is so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm trying to work some "wear" detailed into the details. So far, I've only been able to do it on the legs and feet, but I like it, and plan on doing it woth more parts. I also want to give his neck a ball joint and get him some new hands.

Anyways, this is it do far, so let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised you haven't just repainted the red sections as well tbh, the paint they used on his windscreen is the kind that likes to go tacky.

Interesting points to put the black and the grey, they work quite well in robot mode but I'm not too sure about the alt mode, but then I don't think any amount of paint can really save him there.

3. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice start TJ! I have been contemplating if I should dive into modding/building a few custom TF but a little hesitant since I have never done it before. Then I say to myself, if I can build a damn Ark outta foam, I should be able to handle it. I want to build Classics Shockwave!! No I just need to find a Energon Shockblast to start the project.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    if I could only find one... heck I would settle for a headless....
    I'm in serious need of Classics and the likes :D  heheheh nice work there TJ!

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea. I can't lie. It's hard not to completely redo the alt mode, but, I'm going to give it a go. I just hate that the paint on his front window panel is clear plastic... It was ridiculous how easily that came off.

I dig the black hood, but, I think it'll look a lot better once I redo the red, and make that more bright/glossy too. Here's hoping.

thanks! And yea dude, all of the Energon Shockwaves I'm seeing modded into classics are killer so I'm sure yours would kickass too. I'm just glad I decided to start small with this junker.

I saw your collection and I'm really surprised you DON'T have him seeing as you have a lotta cool stuff. It'd be awesome to see what a pro like u could do with him.

And sigh... looks like Blurr is going to be the toy that "bites the dust" to give ironhide a neck joint :( . And, I liek Blurr too!

6. energonexpress

energonexpress Powerheadtargetmaster

Looking good man! Glad you could save the poor fellow. With more glossy red on alt mode and maybe carrying the black down the body as stripes or something you could make an inverted A-team homage. He already kinda has the mohawk going with his helmet.

And that bumper bar looks so much better painted.

7. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

OMG don't waste Blurr on that... you can pick up Skids/Mudflap/no end of other shitty bots on eBay for less than £3 ($4)

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very nice. A ball joint neck will approve Ironhide so much than him being an emo.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Wow, that idea sounds epic. Deifnitely think I'm goinf to go for that actually!

That's a good point. It's just going to suck having to sait... but it's not liek there isn't enough work to keep me busy on him until another figure comes!

Most deifnitely!