Minor/Repaint: classics into henkei comic styled galvatron phase 1: the metallic undercoat

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SG hailstorm, May 12, 2012.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

i'm giving galvatron rather interesting paint job, i'm styling him like in the henkei comics (in term of facial expression and color) as well as giving him the few G1 details takara left out, the way i'm going about this custom is rather interesting because this isnt galvatrons final paintjob, its the basecoat, i did it like this so once i add the flat colors over top of the metallics over time if the paint wears or chips the metallic underneath will show through like real wear and battle damage!
    i intend to do more to galvatron including:

replace his left hand with a more sinister claw hand like his right (it will be open handed)

sculpt over galvies preexisting ugly ">:C" face and replace it with the crazy sinister laugh like galvatrons henkei artwork [​IMG]

and a few other things i have to test out and see if it works well

hope you guys like him so far!

hailstorm

P.S this figure is VERY underrated in my opinion, mine also doesnt have any of the problems reported with the figure.

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

That purple just pops.

3. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Looking good, can't wait to see the face sculpt! Also, what shade of purple is that?

4. SG hailstorm

krylon lavender it was in one of those mini spray cans, its a great color in terms of shade cause it looks bright in sunlight but in regular lighting its a deeper shadeof purple like his movie appearence

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Looks really good, you're lucky you don't have any problems with the figure. I'm really sad about mine, because I love Galvatron.

6. SG hailstorm

maybe some of the joint fix tutorials could help =) and yeah i was leary when i bought from the guy (kept him great and clean out of box on his tf shelf) but i transformed him twice and his left arm was tight and still attached and his legs werent floppy and didnt pop off outta socket, i'd been after this figure since 2009 so its very satisfying to haveone in my decepticon army

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Love the red eyes. Chilling. Looks like when Galvatron and Rodimus were in the bowels of Unicron and Galvatron was in the shadows and all you could see was his red eyes and the glow from the MAtrix.

8. SG hailstorm

Wait till you see the finished product ;)