Classics info from Botcon...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by unpunk, Dec 13, 2006.

1. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Didn't Hasbro say at Botcon that they would continue the classics line if the demand is high enough? If so, did they mention any possible characters or was it just a "wait and see" scenario? I think that these things are the best TFs to come out since RID (and it's the only line that I've bought every figure from since RID as well). I think it has a lot of potential, and I would not be too upset if it replaced Alternators, as they have suffered from distibution problems for me from day 1. Anyway, I just wanted to know about the future releases if anyone knows... THANKS!!!! -boB

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If the movie does well, they stated it opens the floodgates to all kinds of Transformers -- including the continuation of the Classics line.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I hope so but everyone on here kepps reminding me that it is a Filler Line? What that means I dont know but it is the Greatest Line of TFs to come out in a good while. I have them all and hope to get more.
    [​IMG]

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i hope they continue the Classics line...
    i'd wish they would do a Classics version of the insecticons!

5. BatBot

BatBot Well-Known Member

I certainly hope this line continues on. I haven't enjoyed any Transformers this much since Beast Wars. Here's hoping!

-Matt

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Soo... Classics; great line, or GREATEST line? ;) 

7. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually wonder if the Heroes line will continue in the same style as Classics. I hope it does, and I could see it happening. I could see more Classics in between the movie and Heroes (another wave or two of Classics around October/December 2007 makes sense), or continue Classics in place of 'non-show' Heroes toys.

+-MWG-+

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Greatest. Ever. Other than things like cheap Minicons or G1 Reissues, Classics are the only TFs I buy now, period.

9. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Oh c'mon, alternators are amazing, even if they are impossible to find and have tons of repaints.

10. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

"Mr. Colbert, I'm going to have to say, the Greatest! And yes, I mean even greater than Alternators."

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me it's in the top 10, but not top 5. That's reserved for things like BT/Alt, GF/Cyb, CR/RiD, the bookstyle reissues, and 1984 G1.

The last ten years of TFs has been so incredible, I can't point at the dozen figures from Classics and say "best ever" (especially with Astrotrain in the lot). But yeah, definitely a great line.

12. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Certainly one of the best thats for sure.

13. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Tough call between Alts and Classics, but I'll take Classics. There's more variety, PLAYING with the toys is more fun than Alts, and there's comic/cartoon/nostalgia characterization. Best line ever.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Nah, not the best yet. Not enough figures to justify that. I think for me, Binaltech still holds that title in the modern world.... and if adjusted for "inflation" then G1 is pretty much unbeatable. And the best RID and Cybertron figures easily go head-to-head with Classics.... it's just a) their lack of the nostalgic appeal and b) the fact that their line is diluted by lots of other mediocre figures that work against them.

Although, I guess it depends on how you define "best." Classics is definitely one of the most CONSISTENTLY good lines, especially if you don't count the Prime/Megatron 2-pack and the minicons. Another few waves and some more characters, and it could very well earn the "best line since G1" distinction.

15. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    Not best yet, but it has a TON of potential. The main hindrance right now is just the lack of numbers. Since they'll only be shutting it down after the Ramjet/Cliffjumper waves, is that a decent enough number of figures to qualify as great?

If numbers don't matter, then you'd have to go with the Masterpiece line as the best ever, with Optimus, Starscream, and the upcoming Megatron. They all blow Classics out of the water, quality-wise.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Classics. Easy of transformation, yet retain an awesome look. I say greatest.

17. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Woah, wait, how long is Classics supossed to last? Do we have a list of all confirmed releases? Pics even?

18. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I wanna say I think the Titanium Line is the Greatest,I mean the 6" ones,I have
    yet to buy one 3" Tit. Figure,and will remain that way,they just aren't big enuff for
    me,and they aren't transformable. So my choice is the 6 inchers. They remind me
    of the good ol' G1's with die cast parts. But I love the Classics,Alts. and Cybertron
    lines. Later all.

19. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A filler line is just that. A line of toys that will fill in until the next line starts, which in this case is the movie line. If the movie does well, the line might be continued, but as of this time, Ramjet and Cliffjumper are the final two figures that we know of (excluding the store exclusives).

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Three waves, yes, and yes.