Heavy/Scratch: Classics Inferno ... twisted! [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G60Force, Jun 21, 2011.

1. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Hi guys finally got myself a Inferno thnx to my man Joon aka Knockoff ur awesome buddy!!

As with my Grapple who got a 100% basefigure harmless mod...
    So does this one :D  Donated parts are from Rid Prime and 2tiny pieces Lego!

MODS: (to base figure Inferno NONE)
    Step1.1-used parts RID Optimus Prime inner ladder part with front weapon gimmick thingy attached as you can clearly see in the pictures
    Step1.2-unscrew everything! keep only the inner ladder part (in 1 piece for now) and the part/plate directly attached to it
    Step2.1-trim down part A so it will not tumble over to the side (check multiple times for alignment or else the final result will be unentered)
    Step3.1-first grab a Lego-bar slightly trim down every side of the "+" then make sure it just fits and has enough friction
    Step3.2-insert in B all the way (not attached to plate yet but into Inferno), then slide a Lego-ring all the way over it and glue it on (not Inferno)
    Step3.3-grind and/or level locations E and H
    Step3.4-put another drop of superglue on the Lego-bar&ring (still mounted in Inferno) than press on the plate (make 100% sure aligning is OK)
    Step4.1-grind/dremel/cut away positions C and D (fit multiple times for a tight fit as seen in picture1)
    Step4.2-gind/dremel/cut away positions F and G (this is by far the hardest needs to be superthight otherwise extended ladder will tumble)
    Step5.1-the ladder section that need to be cut first is the height, it consists of the 3 stages, cut of the top one and smooth the remains
    Step5.2-from the ladder halves you need to grind/dremel/cut away all mounting points except for the first and last and make it smooth
    Step5.3-cut the ladder in 2 pieces right down the middle and clean up the parts sticking out from the newly created front and rear section
    Step5.4-the back section that connects to the hinged part (mount the plate!) make sure it's aligned and top it with superglue 2times for strength
    Step5.5-from both sides of the front section halves, cut/saw/dremel 1-2mm and make 200% sure it barely slides (NOT GLUE IF YOU WANT TONFA'S)
    Step6.1-after all fits like it should :)  you could cut a halve cirkle in the front of the ladder(tonfa's) to have the default watergun held with friction to!

C&C Welcome... enjoy ;) 

UPDATE!
    added tutorial... this took me almost an extra hour so make sure you give me credits ;) 

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

Ebay:
    More info when I wake up :rolleyes: 

Attached Files:

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see what you did there, very clever :)  I might have to do this to mine or even grappel when I get him.

4. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Cool.

5. G60Force

Ebay:
    Well it took me nearly a day, this seriously sucks and I would hate doing this for Grapple :D  THNX!

thnx :) 

6. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    freaken sweat!

7. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

very nifty mod man. so it doesn't partsform for alt mode? if so, very very nifty

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Ok, the ladder tonfas are some of these most awesome shit I've seen in a while!

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm trying to figure out how you attached it so it doesn't need to partsform. That last pic is detailed, but without Inferno in front of me, I can't tell what I'm looking at.

10. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

Nice! did the same thing with mine :D  but i used the ladder of (RID titanium Prime) great minds think alike :) 

11. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great :)  glad i could be of help. and you have a beautiful place and an awesome collection. thanks for the hospitality.

12. G60Force

Ebay:
    :thumbs2: 

It does, but could be easily be fixed.. but then I need to mod the base figure (or think even futher for no damage) but I don't mind partsforming :) 
    Only this that partforms anyways is the ladderbase!

thnx bro, yeah had a blast designing a makinh this.. but I tell ya... hard work :D 

Of course we do :dunce  thnx

Your always welcome we had a great time "geeking out" right? ;) 
    Thnx for the complement and everything.. still need to change everything to make room for all the super cool goodies you brought :rock 

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I'm so jealous... I don't even have friends in town that really collect, let alone come over and customize and stuff!!

14. G60Force

Ebay:
    Well this was a very special visit, since I never met an American in person...
    Let alone met anyone since my illness in 2008... :rolleyes: 
    O and finally someone to talk with who also appreciates Transformers :D 
    But other than that no need to be jealous at me ;) 
    BTW if you ever visit The Netherlands, you're more than welcome :thumbs2: 

15. G60Force

Ebay:
    UPDATE!
    added tutorial... this took me almost an extra hour so make sure you give me credits ;) 

MODS: (to base figure Inferno NONE)
    Step1.1-used parts RID Optimus Prime inner ladder part with front weapon gimmick thingy attached as you can clearly see in the pictures
    Step1.2-unscrew everything! keep only the inner ladder part (in 1 piece for now) and the part/plate directly attached to it
    Step2.1-trim down part A so it will not tumble over to the side (check multiple times for alignment or else the final result will be unentered)
    Step3.1-first grab a Lego-bar slightly trim down every side of the "+" then make sure it just fits and has enough friction
    Step3.2-insert in B all the way (not attached to plate yet but into Inferno), then slide a Lego-ring all the way over it and glue it on (not Inferno)
    Step3.3-grind and/or level locations E and H
    Step3.4-put another drop of superglue on the Lego-bar&ring (still mounted in Inferno) than press on the plate (make 100% sure aligning is OK)
    Step4.1-grind/dremel/cut away positions C and D (fit multiple times for a tight fit as seen in picture1)
    Step4.2-gind/dremel/cut away positions F and G (this is by far the hardest needs to be superthight otherwise extended ladder will tumble)
    Step5.1-the ladder section that need to be cut first is the height, it consists of the 3 stages, cut of the top one and smooth the remains
    Step5.2-from the ladder halves you need to grind/dremel/cut away all mounting points except for the first and last and make it smooth
    Step5.3-cut the ladder in 2 pieces right down the middle and clean up the parts sticking out from the newly created front and rear section
    Step5.4-the back section that connects to the hinged part (mount the plate!) make sure it's aligned and top it with superglue 2times for strength
    Step5.5-from both sides of the front section halves, cut/saw/dremel 1-2mm and make 200% sure it barely slides (NOT GLUE IF YOU WANT TONFA'S)
    Step6.1-after all fits like it should :)  you could cut a halve cirkle in the front of the ladder(tonfa's) to have the default watergun held with friction to!

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    cool, but I thought "twisted" meant more along these lines.

or the fire ant predacon, but in cybertronian/earth form.

17. G60Force

Ebay:
    OOOOooo you mean like this :D 
    (I know what you meant with Ant "inferno" cybetron/earth-mode would be awesome!)

[​IMG]

I used this color scheme:
    [​IMG]

If anybody want anther colorscheme request? I might do it ;) 

Attached Files:

18. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sweet i love this mod i been looking for a good ladder to use on inferno and now you gave me the answer and how to do it! THANKS!!!!

19. G60Force

Ebay:
    your welcome friend! ;) 

20. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Glory to the Queen!...wrong Inferno, but this is still awesome