Minor/Repaint: Classics Huffer in the works...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

He he. Huffer was my first TF, and the little fella got me hooked. Love the whingey little barsteward, though yeah, he is annoying in the cartoon. ;) 

Gears was my second. I actually quite like him in the non-toon sense. He also complains a lot, but he at least partially does it to force everyone else to look on the bright side for him. Clever trick, I thought.

2. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

I felt he would make a great Huffer since I first saw him. Glad to finally see someone do it. I thought about it, but I prefer my minibots as scout or minicon bashes.

I agree that he is the least movie-like movie figure and he should look fine (though perhaps a little big) along side Classics Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. As for the torso, my vote goes to having it mostly blue with a little silver. Maybe stop the silver just above the second circle so the upper chest would be one solid color.

Can't wait to see finished piece.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea...I just prefer the toy face. I have a soft spot for this guy too.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

FAB Prime is firmly a Deluxe size. He feels thick-set and squat compared to the others... if you count his height to the top of his head instead of the top of his backpack, he's even shorter. He's a bit smaller than most of the other FAB figures.

That's what I was thinking too... after looking at some pictures online of the cartoon deco for Huffer, I notice that he usually has a bit of silver around his belt area, and his upper legs also usually are silver, so I'll probably keep those areas grey on this figure. Having the entire body blue seems a little too much.

I feel he works as a "deluxe minibot" because of his squashy proportions... also out of the minibots, he's one of the characters that I don't feel has to be actually "mini". I feel like Bumblebee and Brawn have to be a bit runty, but most of the others work as regular deluxes to my mind.
    Leave it to a Brit to use the word "whinge". I love that word!

The logic behind the Gears persona works for me... I think it was mainly his visual design that lost me. On the show he just looked too much like a grumpy little old man... though that's appropriate I guess. :) 

zmog