Minor/Repaint: Classics Huffer from PCC Huffer - WiP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hopefully, you've been keeping up with this thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creat...8-pcc-huffer-generations-huffer-thoughts.html

If not, basically, I've just been making some minor adjustments to create a Classics-styled Huffer from the PCC Huffer. The skills necessary are minor to moderate (moderate only because some cutting and filing are involved). After I started messing around with it, I really wanted to try to create something that others would be able to do relatively easily, but also begin to learn some skills (such as using a rotary tool) if someone hasn't gotten brave enough already.

While I've detailed my work thus far in the group discussion in Creative General Discussion, I did want to share the work now as a "work in progress", since it's very much so now. I don't have a whole lot left on it (basically some painting and fine tuning), and I'll try to continue to post updates as I have em :) 

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I Dig what you got going on here.

3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thank you, sir! It's been fun piddling around with it. So far, I like where it's heading. This approach is a bit different for me, as I'm trying to create a "how-to" resource while I'm doing it without having finished it yet. It's sorta like documenting an experiment :lol 

I have primed the head since I created this thread and posted the update in the Creative GD thread. :) 

4. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

i've been following this in the creative section, bring on a faux hood!!! some underside mounted arm cannons/pipes would be sweet too. i always loved pipes for two reasons. 1) i had him as a kid, who didn't? and 2) there was the episode where he hauled primes trailer for him. oh oh!!! you should find him a trailer too! maybe this....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm interested to see how this turns out. I tried this project over the summer, but got bored iwth it and scrapped it. The head I was using was Cybertron Clocker with the pointy parts filed down. Good luck with it SQ

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been waiting for this! Bring it on!

7. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey man! This was the first thing I thought of too when I got my PCC Huffer! :thumb 
    Already removed both heads, The hands, the blocky fore-arm guard thingies & have very heavily modded the secondary Grille/head hinge to move further forward giving him more sense of proportion. Considering doing a custom "G1 " style noggin for him too!
    Planning on using those black forearm blocks for a "hood" that will fold over his head to even further mimic his G1 goodness!

Cheers!
    ~BK

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ok guys, I've got a really minor update right before I go to bed (remember, ol' Quaddy works a 3rd shift job :) ):

I painted the silver enamel coats on the upper arms, grill (both on Huffer and the part I custom made), and the face of Huffer. I also put a base coat of navy blue down on the head, and a second coat on the chest panel. I still have some minor things to do with painting, but I'm definitely a step closer now :) 

Enjoy the update! I'll reply to you guys later tonight :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Looking good, Allen.

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Head on a stick:eek: 

lookin awesome!

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Colour me interested... :) 

zmog

12. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    looking cool so far!!!
    i'm also messing with the same mold right now but to do "ironworkz":D 

13. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

This looks like it's going to be very nice. The PCC figures lend theirselves very nicely to classics-style customs, despite being movie-verse figures.

14. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I love that you're making some *KILLER* progress on your PCC>Generations conversion! I still haven't gotten much work done on him since the initial cuts. However, after seeing your progress pics here, I'm thinking of taking some time on my day off tomorrow and doing a little more toying around with him...

Great work so far, and I can't wait to see him completed! :D 

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think ol' SQ7 has been watching too many Jeff Dunham specials....:lol 

Seriously though man, keep it up....looking forward to the finish here.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    :lol  True dat, bro :lol 

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, here's another update:

[​IMG]

I think his arms look a lot better mostly silver . . . you know, like smokestacks :) 

I'm hoping to put the finished details on him either this weekend or early next week.

Attached Files:

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hey guys, first of all, my apologies for not being able to reply sooner. I was blitzing just to get some of these photos up and such the last few nights!

Thanks a lot, guys; it really means a lot! :) 

Just being interested in this project is enough to make ol' Quaddy here happy :)  So, colour you I shall! :) 

I'm sure you're project will be awesome, just like the rest of your work, bud :thumb  Thanks for the kind words, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks a lot, bud :thumb  When I first saw photos of PCC Huffer, I was very skeptical that he would fit. After I bought him, I was a little more confident, but the head(s) killed me. Hopefully, what I'm doing here will not only rectify that for my collection, but also for anyone following along who would like a Classics Huffer that is relatively easy to do :) 

Thanks, bud :thumb  Your work really got me into gear to get busy on mine, so if our work is able to continually bounce off of each other, then that's totally cool, man. I know between this thread and the other in Creative GD it may look like it's been a lot of effort and a long time, but it's really not.

Thanks for the comments, gang! I certainly hope this will be helpful for anyone wanting to make one of these lil' guys themselves :) 

BTW, pk, I uploaded a photo here just for you, bro :lol 

Attached Files:

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Whoops! I missed replying to a few of you guys! My bad!

Awesome. The only issue I've had with the hood/grill portion is that the grill seemed like half of it was missing. The panel I'm adding rectifies that.

After painting the upper arms today, I'm totally cool with how both modes look regarding Huffer's smokestacks. As for him hauling Prime's trailer again . . . we'll see what we can do about that now :) 

Hopefully, this project can get you to pick it up again :)  The head I'm using is the same mold as Clocker, and I filed the same portion as well. I leered at Clocker, and he got scared. It's good for him, though, as I just didn't have the heart to hack him up. Swerve on the other hand . . . oh well :lol 

Yes! :D 

Wow, that sounds much more involved than what I'm doing, and I'll be interested to see how yours turns out!

With mine, I specifically aimed for something simple, as I didn't really want to pour a whole lot into it. Also, I figured that others may not want to either. This mold is really cool, and I'm really setting forth to make something that most anyone can pick up and just have fun with :) 

Again, thanks to all of you guys for your feedback! It's been a fun so far!

19. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

Will it still combine?

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I might would have some paint rubbing, but I don't have any plans to purchase any of the PCC drones anyways.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011