Minor/Repaint: Classics Hot Spot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by icanfly, Jul 18, 2011.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi

Another one to post today, this time is my take on Hot Spot.

Obviously he is a repaint of Inferno, with an alt Optimus head, some (partforming) magnetic armour from a roadbot, and some minor decals.

He has been re-imagined into a HAZMAT response truck. I personally couldn't understand a blue firetruck, and thought this would be an interesting alternative. He is darker than the original through personal preference.

I did notice whilst viewing these pics that the flash highlighted a few missed spots.

Comments welcome

JL

Attached Files:

2. changy

changy Well-Known Member

That make sense hotspot to be hazmat did you make the decal? Are you doing the others protectobots.

3. icanfly

Ebay:
    My other protectobots are classics Blades, alt Autorooper (Streetwise decals), and customs for Groove and First Aid. Don;t think I've posted them before but have been done for ages

JL

4. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Looks pretty good! The alt Prime head is perfect. It doesn't even look like Inferno anymore dude.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i like everything but the armor. You might almost be better fixing it up so that his back is his front. The armor looks like it's just tacked on from something else (which i realize is true...) it should look like it belongs there. I don't think it does.

Aside from that... GREAT work. Another thing you can do to separate the OP head from looking OP - OP's mask was a two-fold, which creased right in the center. Hot Spot's was a tri-fold, so there was a flat surface in the center.

6. RyanUybengkee

RyanUybengkee Well-Known Member

some minor paint issues but nothing you can't retouch im sure. how about showing us your combined Defensor? if...it was your plan to combine all of them.

7. icanfly

Ebay:
    Actually his armour is attached to the back of the original bot - The truck front is now his back. I can see what you mean with the armour but I'm not sure how to alter that at the moment

I had never even noticed that before, I'll have a look into that some more.

If I could combine them, I would. But I can't so I'll leave that to the pro's

Thanks for the feedback

JL

8. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

almost says pyro to me except the colour scheme lol

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure how you'd do this without screwing it up or adding parts on top to blend it into the body (which might interfear with transformation), but the top parts make it seem like it's too large for his body. Along with that, the fact that it's the only big read thing on him doesn't help. Taking that into account, and even if you're not gonna physically modify it, what about painting part of the crotch pieces & even the top chest so that the only red part is like, the border? Then you could add some other red & yellow touches around the figure, and things might look more unified.

Nothing against what you've already made here, but that's what I think about if it was my custom, so it seemed worth mentioning in your thread. :)