Heavy/Scratch: Classics Hoist and TB preview

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all!
    Here are a few additions to my Classics collection. Modified and painted Cybertron Red Alert and Cannonball. They look a little "low rider" in alt mode, but I think they are a cool "classics" representation of the characters. The windows on Hoist need another coat, and Trailbreaker is still in need of some decals for his truck mode, and a lot of paint touch ups. Not masterpieces by any stretch, but I thought I would throw them out there to maybe give other folks ideas. This makes me really miss my Alternator Hoist that I did last year...*sniff*sniff*.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TB still has the "camper" top on the back, that was removed for Hoists' tow rig. Both have modified heads from the original figures. I am considering adding light bars to the top on Hoist (his head is removed in the alt mode pic, because without the lights on there the visible head is REALLY visible), and a possible add-on to Trailbreakers roof as well. Enjoy!

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Everything looks real nice except for the missing side rail of Hoists truck bed.
    Couldn't you add a piece between the cab and rear wheel well?

3. manyoufactsure

Everything looks real nice except for the missing side rail of Hoists truck bed.
    Couldn't you add a piece between the cab and rear wheel well?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I was really wanting to make a Trailbreaker bash out of Red Alert, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to use it for Hoist too (guess I was too absorbed by my Armada Prime/Hoist plan).

Nice work! You've renewed my interest in the project. Now I just need to get myself a Cannonball. :) 

zmog

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I was really wanting to make a Trailbreaker bash out of Red Alert, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to use it for Hoist too (guess I was too absorbed by my Armada Prime/Hoist plan).

Nice work! You've renewed my interest in the project. Now I just need to get myself a Cannonball. :) 

zmog

6. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

What's the size diff between Cannonball/Red Alert and Classics Battle Prime?
    Nice work BTW!
    I'm thinking of doing the same.

7. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

What's the size diff between Cannonball/Red Alert and Classics Battle Prime?
    Nice work BTW!
    I'm thinking of doing the same.

8. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Ptivite, not much considering cannonballand red alert were deluxes. Sculpt bot those bots look awesome man, that is really creative like specially wh at you did to hoist and completely changed his vehicle look. I guess the missing side is a bit of a distraction but overall i think its fckign awesome!

9. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Ptivite, not much considering cannonballand red alert were deluxes. Sculpt bot those bots look awesome man, that is really creative like specially wh at you did to hoist and completely changed his vehicle look. I guess the missing side is a bit of a distraction but overall i think its fckign awesome!

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Care to Tutorial us on how you made Hoist? Out of all the amazing customs I've seen of him, this is one I could actually attempt!! (Assuming there wasn't an enormous amount of sculpting...)

11. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Care to Tutorial us on how you made Hoist? Out of all the amazing customs I've seen of him, this is one I could actually attempt!! (Assuming there wasn't an enormous amount of sculpting...)

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    AWESOME! I really like TB (I've been thinking about doing the same mod.) The work on Hoist's alt. mode is really impressive. Does the tow winch on Hoist separate, or is it part of the swivel on Cyb. Red Alert's back?

I was thinking that you could use the "truck bed" where Hoist's winch is mounted as the base for some "storage boxes" that could hang over the sides of the back of the truck. That way, you could cover up the hole left by Cyb. Red Alert's missing rear door. Just an idea. :) 

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    AWESOME! I really like TB (I've been thinking about doing the same mod.) The work on Hoist's alt. mode is really impressive. Does the tow winch on Hoist separate, or is it part of the swivel on Cyb. Red Alert's back?

I was thinking that you could use the "truck bed" where Hoist's winch is mounted as the base for some "storage boxes" that could hang over the sides of the back of the truck. That way, you could cover up the hole left by Cyb. Red Alert's missing rear door. Just an idea. :) 

14. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I just showed my wife your customs and she said "THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO!!!" Great work, those are awesome!

15. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I just showed my wife your customs and she said "THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO!!!" Great work, those are awesome!

16. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

You could always fill the sides by putting a 'spare tire' on one side and a 'tool box' on the other. Think of how easily a box can transform into a gun. Or even a Lego treausure-chest painted red or silver might not look too bad. Just my $0.02

~Z

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

You could always fill the sides by putting a 'spare tire' on one side and a 'tool box' on the other. Think of how easily a box can transform into a gun. Or even a Lego treausure-chest painted red or silver might not look too bad. Just my $0.02

~Z

18. manyoufactsure

Thats an excellent idea.

19. manyoufactsure

Thats an excellent idea.

20. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There actually wasn't too much high end sculpting involved. I suggest using Apoxie-Sculpt as your material. I tend to "over sculpt" when I do head modifications. This entails sculpting the material larger than you want, and then sanding it down to the right shape. Apoxie_Sculpt works the best for this, because it is very resilient and doesn't crumble when you sand it. I filled in the face area on Cannonball, added the "horns" on the side of the head, and added the "vent" on the center part of the head above the eyes. Once the compound cured, I sanded them out, and tested to ensure the head would still push into the hole into the canopy of the truck. It was a very straight forward mod.
    Ops, I think I will try your idea. Adding something on to the "bed" piece would be a quick and easy fix for the gap at the rear of the truck, and give it more of a maintenance feel. Thanks all!