Classics/Henkei - The Definitive List (of NEW molds with 'Classics' styling)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBigMachine, May 6, 2010.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already discussed and reasoned out in the original thread. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...74-classics-henkei-comprehensive-list-11.html

Big Daddy & company were left out because they originated as Cybertron molds. Fracture and legend friends were included because their molds originated in Classics and Classics 2.0 (NOT Universe 2.0). Bludgeon and Seaspray are special. They were included because of comments from Hasbro, whereas Mindwipe hasn't been included. See the title, NEW molds with 'Classics' styling.

2. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey BigMachine, influence brings up a good point. What are your plans for the new molds in Generations which aren't classics styling, the WFC molds and the movie leftovers? If you leave them out because they do not have the classics styling then an argument could be made for leaving out the minicons and maybe dinobot/cheetor/hotshot.
    The pro-minicon argument is that they were in Classics 1.0 so they're grandfathered. The pro-dinobot/cheetor/hotshot argument is that they were new molds in Universe 2008 which could be thought of as Classics 2.0 (new molds) + repaints. You'd have to believe that Generations is Classics 3.0 + WFC + Movie leftovers.

It's a headache, good luck.

3. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Thanks for catching that! I'm sure I'll do that several more times as I work getting these lists up to speed.

You nailed the approach for Generations with that one sentence. Think of Generations as being like Universe 2008. New molds will be included such as Thrust (which is a Gentei repaint anyway), Drift (which Hasbro has said is G1 canon) and Darkmount/Straxus and repaints of previous molds on this list from Classics, Universe 2.0, ROTF (Bludgeon only). WFC isn't necessarily G1, but didn't Hasbro say they consider the game and the character styling to be official canon now? That could be an argument for including WFC, but right now I'd lean towards not... so, let the debate begin on that!

4. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

This is really picky, but Straxus was in the US comics as well. In fact, since he was only a green head in the UK comics I'd say that Darkmount is much more based on the US version than the UK one.

5. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Okay, I've finish updating the "Alphabetical listing of ALL repaints - categorized by originating mold" (Post #2). I went ahead and put all the Seekers & Coneheads under the 'Starscream' mold. I know the Coneheads have different heads and wings, but it's still derived from the Starscream mold, right?

Additionally, I've finish updating the "Alphabetical listing of ALL molds - categorized by Line" (Post #3)

Anyway, please proof my work and let me know of any corrections or errors. Thanks.

Also, I've started work on 'Resource & Reference Links' (which is Post #5). I'd appreciate any help on finding links (to pictures or videos) for the figures that don't have any. Currently I've only done the Ultra Class & Voyager Class. I haven't started on Deluxe or smaller.

6. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Added! Do you have any links I can attach to it?

7. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    under alphabetical by mold classics 2.0 sideswipe does have the air intake. you listed it as not having it.

8. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Mistake indeed! That was supposed to be next to Henkei Lambor/Sideswipe. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it is now corrected.

9. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Updated list to include:

- Takara "Sons of Cybertron" set (don't know if it's Gentei, Henkei or just Takara yet)
    - Latest Generations Mini-Cons (all repaints from Classics)
    - Generations Dirge
    - Botcon Sideswipe, G2 (Custom Class Figure)
    - Botcon Scorch w/ SG Ravage or Glit (Universe 2.0 - Hound Repaint) in the list yet. I'm waiting for an official confirmation of their names, as well as, the blue Bumblebee repaint name (I'm assuming it's Glyph).

Help me not to miss anything with all the upcoming Botcon updates!

10. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Okay, so I need help figuring out all the new CHUG stuff that was announced at Botcon. Here's what I got so far:

OTCC Exclusives
    - Sideburn (Rodimus repaint)
    - Ramjet, G2

Generations (or related)
    Voyager Class:
    - Grapple (Universe 2.0 Inferno redeco/remold, will come with crane, and new feet)
    - Lugnut (to be redone as Jhiaxus later)

Deluxe Class:
    - Skullgrin (Darkmount redeco, has a new ram-style head)
    - Scourge (G1, stealth jet, white in color, head elevates in vehicle mode, gun is a mixture of his G1 head-gun and his Targetmaster gun, NOT A TARGETMASTER TOY!
    - Thunderwing (G1, has detachable drone which does not transform)
    - Tracks (has a car and flying-car mode)
    - Jazz (has car speakers that pop out of his vehicle mode)
    - Perceptor (slightly based on Animated design, chest opens to 'scan things', probable redo as Reflector)
    - Kup

Scout Class:
    - G1 Windcharger
    (will have flip-out magnet weapons, can hold Generations Darkmount and Movie Recon Ironhide weapons)

Legends Class:
    - G1 Optimus Prime
    - G1 Starscream
    - G1 Megatron
    (a variation of the original gun, can be held by Masterpiece Starscream)
    - G1 Prowl

Is this list correct? Are all of these things CHUG? Anything else need to be added?

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Grapple should be "virtual" CHUG, as a retool of Inferno who lives in a yellow box.

Lugnut will probably be something like RotF Lockdown. He's not a G1 character and he's in a yellow box.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Lugnut may not be G1, but they mentioned that he could be redone as Jhiaxus, so if the recolor ends up being Classics styled, wouldn't the first mold count too? (granted, we have to actually SEE it before we can make that call)

13. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what was confusing me was the whole Jhiaxus connection. I guess maybe more light will be shed on the mold at SDCC. I'll relist Lugnut as a maybe. Wish we'd gotten a hard confirmation of Arcee instead of a general "fembots" quote, but at least we know she's coming!

14. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    List has been updated with all the Botcon announcements. Also, added "Upcoming Releases of 'Classics Style' Figures" list (see post #5) for quicker reference.

15. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it matters, the two G2 Sideswipe that Shawn had were from the Sideswipe mold. The ones that the people in the class got was the Red Alert mold. Different roofs. Oddly enough no light bar though. Things that make you go hmm. . .

16. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    wait theres a legends prowl?

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    He's an upcoming figure, rather than something you missed out on.

18. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    ah ok

19. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

what about PCC Huffer? I don't know exactly when, but according to the wiki, Hasbro claimed Huffer to be the only 'heritage' character in PCC. heritage = Classics?

20. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Have we gotten any more information on the "toon accurate" (supposed Hong Kong exclusive) Rodimus, Galvatron & Cyclonus? Are they Hasbro or Takara? Are they part of the 2010 campaign? I'm waiting to update the list once I know.