Classics/Henkei - The Comprehensive List

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBigMachine, Jan 13, 2010.

1. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Updated OTCC Cyclonus as having Targetmaster 'Krunix' instead of 'Nightstick'. Let me know if any other updates are needed.

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    ^THIS

3. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    I've seen this expression used a couple of times in other threads. I feel silly for asking, but what does this mean?

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The acronym OTFCC was quickly transformed by the community into the word "oatfuck"... all the more appropriate when OTFCC actually became a massive "cluster-OTFCC."

5. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  6. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    List updated with Toyfair announcement of the Generations line of Thrust (Gentei Exclusive repaint), Darkmount (Triple changer meant to be Straxus) and Drift. Also, included Seaspray (seems Classics 3.0 to me). Does everyone else feel that Powercore Combiners are their own thing or are they 'Classics 3.0' in feeling also? I'm thinking the legends figures knocks them out of contention for being included in the list.

7. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    seaspray is a ROTF mold

and legends Beachcomber is being repainted into Sandstorm

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm still debating this with myself, if for no other reason than Huffer seems to be an obvious one.

9. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    I have to disagree with you on Seaspray. I think he's like Bludgeon in that he was intended to be 'Classics' but was released in ROTF packaging. Plus, Seaspray is being released in the generic 'Yellow' box which isn't necessarily specific to movie toys anymore (at least in wording). Do you have a link to the Beachcomber repaint of Sandstorm? I haven't heard of this. Sounds cool though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I confirmed the Sandstorm repaint. Thanks for the heads up. I updated the list and added you as a contributor! Was there any more info on this guy. Is he a store exclusive or a two pack? I guess there aren't any pictures of him by chance anywhere?

I agree. Huffer seems right for 'Classics' but the rest I'm not so sure about. I'll wait to get a general consensus before adding him to the list. They feel more like 'Energon' to me than true 'Classics' homages.

What other figs need to be added to the list. Anything else new I may have missed? Particularly anything from the upcoming 'Generations' (aka Classics 3.0) or more upcoming repaints for the movie line from Classics 1.0 or 2.0?

10. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i saw a pic somewhere tonight but cant recall. as for line specific, hasbros toyfair press release even states that Seaspray is movieverse its even stated he combines with movie scout Breacher. the colored packaging seems to distinguish lines now, movie has yellow while classics has red

press release here http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2010-hasbro-transformers-panel-summary/17862/

11. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you, so I removed Seaspray from the list (though it pains me). Plus, his face isn't really a G1 homage with the 'Scuba' helmet on. Though, in my opinion, they could easily make this into a 'Generations' mold simply by giving him a 'Classics' head sculpt.

12. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Haven't updated this in a while. Added Blurr (Drift repaint) to list. Anything else need to be added?

13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Anyone feel like making a list of figures that, while not "officially" meant for the classics line, fit in the universe quite well (Like Seaspray, Mindwipe, Breakdown, Energon Shockblast, Cybertron Soundwave, etc)?

14. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Neo Classics? Well repurposing is kind of up to whoever is collecting. I myself have a huge "New Classic" collection but I know for a fact that they dont fit everyone's standards of "classics."

Everything outside of the new molds specifically designed for Classics/Henkei are in a gray area that's left up to us as individuals to sort out.

For instance Movie Crankcase and Getaway were both homages to G1 counterparts and along with their wave mate Fracture who is a classics mold herself, all three fit in fine with classics.

But who cares, get them all anyway. =P

15. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for this list, it goes by the way I collect these guys!

However, I wouldn't be so quick to remove Seaspray...
    Hasbro Q&A/March 2010: Answers - Transformers Wiki

From Hasbro:
    Sea Spray is continuing under the design philosophy that we started with Classics line and continued through Universe. It is all about reimaging classic characters in a new, 21st century styling.

While its a little gray, thats enough for me to put him with my 'classics' figs.

Also, where is botcon 2010? So far, all the figures are made from original uni2.0 molds.
    Spark/Pyro - Inferno
    Clench - Onslaught (remold head)
    Breakdown - Sideswipe/Sunstreaker (remold head)
    Streetwise - Prowl
    Rapido - 'Silver'streak

the only one we don't know about yet is Sky-Byte and any non-box exclusives.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Those specific examples were meant for the Universe line, which means they would've had a shiny "Classic Series" label on their packaging and thus would, officially, have been Classics, despite being Cybertron molds. But, Wal-mart wanted Movie exclusives, and so they were stripped of Universe status, but I still put them in my Classics shelves.

17. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    That's quote direct from Hasbro is what I've been waiting to see to justify adding Sea Spray to this list! Thanks for making me aware of that. That's what they said about Bludgeon, but I hadn't heard anything official like that about Sea Spray from Hasbro until now.

I was actually updating this thread today for those figures. You beat me to it!

18. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Udated list with "Yellow Box" Banzai-Tron.

I've resisted adding in parenthesis 'Classics', 'Universe 2.0', 'Generations', 'Yellow Box', 'TFTM', 'ROTF', etc... after each new mold on the list to reduce the visual clutter on this list, but would that help or is this list clear enough?

Also, I've been slacking on updating the 'Third Party Accessories' near the bottom of the list. What are we missing?

19. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Warbot: Defender and the PE-01 Shadow Warrior, PE-02 2-pack are missing.

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just read through the thread and I have a couple suggestion.

1) Create a new thread. You can change the title and link this thread into the new one.

2) After you create the new thread claim the first 5-10 posts as filler posts you can use for updates.

3) For the grey area figures such as Bludgeon and Seaspray with confirmed comments by Hasbro highlight them in blue or some other color. They may have originally been designed for Classics but as you look at Bludgeon's legs and arms you can see that he was definitely movie-fied.

4) Your 1st post list is separated by hasbro/takara and alphabetical order. I would repeat the list in the 2nd post by mold. Example:

Optimus Prime - total versions 7
    - Hasbro Classics Optimus Prime
    - Hasbro Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
    - Hasbro SDCC 2008 Nemesis Prime
    - Takara Henkei C-01 Convoy (original release, reissue)
    - Takara Wonderfest Crystal Convoy
    - Takara Black Convoy (UNRELEASED)
    - Takara Lucky Draw Convoy

Sunstreaker - total versions 7
    - Hasbro Universe 2 Sunstreaker
    - Hasbro Universe 2 Sideswipe (new head, alternate transformation)
    - Hasbro TFCC Punch/Counterpunch (new head, alternate gun transformation)
    - Hasbro Botcon 2010 G2 Breakdown (new head)
    - Hasbro Generations Red Alert (???, unconfirmed)
    - Henkei C-07 Sunstreaker
    - Henkei C-09 Lambor (no engine)
    - Henkei C-?? Alert (sideswipe head, police light remold)

5) Instead of putting "NOT RELEASED" make it "NOT YET RELEASED"