Classics/Henkei Ratchet -- will it suffer like Prowl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShadowStitch, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Believe it or not, I actually had a dream about this last night...Prophetic? Maybe...

In my dream I had gotten ahold of a Classics/Universe/Henkei Ratchet, and opened it up, only to find it was just as terrible as most of the Prowls I've seen; the white plastic was a dingy, dirty color, the window paint apps were sloppily sprayed on, the same blue as Ironhide, and the windshield/roof part, which was already sticky on my Ironhide, was sticky on this figure too. (The face was also crappily painted, but it was a weak red, not blue)

Thinking about it after I woke up, it doesn't seem too far-fetched. The problem with Prowl was that they tried to apply substandard glossy white paint to transparent parts, and the result was kinda crappy looking. Thankfully, most of the Ironhide mold is solid colored plastic, but the windshield part is still transparent, necessitating red paint apps. Hence, the tacky paint issue.

Silverstreak proved that they CAN put opaque paint over transparent plastic and usually have it turn out okay....just not WHITE paint.. So what do you think? Does the impending application of white paint to the upcoming Ratchet figure have anyone else nervous? Or am I the only anal enough to be worried about such a thing... :lol 

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but I had a similar dream recently while anticipating T's System's Felicia garage kit. This is a GK I've been looking for on Yahoo Japan every day for the past ten months. And when it finally showed last week, I knew the only way to get such a rare kit was to bid snipe and hope for the best. While waiting for the final moment, I kept having a recurring dream about the kit, usually oversleeping and missing the end time. I would curse to the heavens and the stars, then wake up in a panic and quickly dash to the PC to check the auction. Anticipation of such a desirable figure can have serious detrimental effects on your sleep, ShadowStitch. :p 

The good news is that I won the kit in the end for a reasonable price. I can't wait to get my hands on it and start painting. Now I can sleep peacefully.

3. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Worry to the point of having bad dreams about something probably means you should take a break from it.

Go rent a movie or something. Take your mind of Transformers for an hour or so.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I had a dream about Airwolf the other night. Can't remember much about it, but it was AWESOME.

5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Now that you mention it, I think it's probably better to dream about Airwolf than conjecture about upcoming figures' paint apps in your sleep. :lol 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think it, or the eventual Hasbro version (aka the superior one :D ), will have any of these issues. Honestly most Prowl's don't have the issue, and it seems that even less Silvertreak's do.

7. defstar

defstar Autobot...

But ONLY an hour or so...:) 

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    lol good idea...
    on topic, im not sure if there's any reason why we should see the same problems on ironhide/ratchet..of course, we could, but apart from ur dream, there's no reason to believe we will :D 

9. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

It should be alright. It's probably better to think positively about it then to worry about the worse possible outcome haha

10. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was unlucky to have a Henkei Prowl with paint that peels bleh.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Knowing that Hasbro is apparently looking into the recent QC issues, let's just hope Ratchet will come out alright

12. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i certainly hope all the problems are fixed. that said my iron hide suffers from tacky paint.

13. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Right! That's like when earlier this week I was watching an auction for Titanium Scourge at a great price, and I had a dream that I got caught up in an episode of G1 and missed the end of the auction, and it went to someone ELSE for $9 + $6 shipping!

....Wait. That wasn't a dream...