Classics\Henkei Grapple

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UKBrawn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Do you think we will ever see a classics Grapple?

I honestly thought we would have seen some sort of repain of Uni Inferno by now, and would love them to make a Grapple redeco with the crane arm.

It would seem easy for Hasbro, fit in the Generations line nicely and allow them to re-use (with slight alterations ;D) an existing mold.

Plus I really want one!

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It may seem easy for Hasbro, but I'd imagine the retooling involved to even convert the fire engine portion (or portions?) of Inferno to a Grapple (namely the water cannon) might be more expensive than Hasbro's willing to go for.

If you don't mind using a stand-in, the "movie" repaint of Cybertron Mudflap doesn't make a bad Grapple. It's what I use. If Hasbro decides to make a Grapple, it can stand in at least long enough until we get one.

I hope that helps some :)  In the meantime, I'll be holding out along with you for ol' Grapple.

. . . . also, if we get Grapple, I want a Hoist! :D 

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I thought a Generations (although officially HTFD since it's a voyager) Grapple had already been announced?

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There was a store listing.

We'll probably know more by the time the weekend is out (?)

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ah yes, that's what I was referring to. Hopefully, as you say, Botcon will give us some more info...

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I would love a repaint as Hot Spot/Hot Zone. That wouldn't need a retooling, I would be all over that.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    If it's a simple repaint of Inferno, I don't want it. If it's retooled, then yes. Knowing Hasbro, we'll probably get the former.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only way we'd get a repainted AND retooled version of the 2.0 Inferno mold is as some kind of exclusive (a future Botcon seems likely). Knowing Hasbro, they'll probably just repaint Inferno yellow/orange and call it Grapple, but perhaps that will result in a 3rd party jumping in with a crane conversion kit.

I'm with SQ7. A TRU Mudflap seems like a pretty decent stand-in for Grapple.

But why wait on Hasbro when you can make it yourself? It's pretty obvious that many collectors are passionate about this character. It's on nearly every static G1 2.0 wishlist. If you love Grapple this much, why not buy yourself an extra Inferno, a crane truck to siphon parts from, and some hobby paint and DIY? It's not like you can't learn how to customize a Transformer when TFW has the Radicons section.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    TRU Mudflap = Erector.

10. Emperor Jeremy

Emperor Jeremy Active Member

I never once found Universe Inferno in stores. I would welcome any repaint.

11. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I doubt Hasbro would do this, Grapple may be soemthing else completely, I owuld liek to have this mold again I had only seen it 3 times, got it the last time from TRU on sale.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm hoping we'll find out more info about HFTD 'Grapel' This weekend. Even if it's just a straight up repaint of Inferno with no remolding I'll still get it, there's so many toy cranes out there it shouldn;t be too difficult to find one to match and make a switch.

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think all they would need to do is simple repaint and just give him a new missile that looks like a grappling hook.

[​IMG]

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This is true, but plenty of people have also accepted it as a sub for Classics Grapple.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like that too, along with Grapple. I wonder if Takara would be interested, be it as a main Henkei-type release or even a Gentei release...it'd be more expensive as an import, but better that than nothing.

I have to think Inferno will be reused somewhere along the line by Hasbro/Takara as a repaint (the Botcon toy not counting, of course), be it through the Movie lne or Generations/Classics if/when they bring Voyagers back to that line. Hopefully that means Grapple and/or Hot Spot/Hot Zone someday.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Meh. I have a spare Inferno already sans-water gun and waiting for me to slap TRU Mudflap's extendo-crane on him. I just need to get around to doing it.

I figured that with the Generations line actually being all-Deluxe, and not just some Hasbro hoo-haa, I'm not going to get to buy a Grapple retooled from Inferno. So I'll do it myself.

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Fixed. :) 

Sorry, there can never be a stand-in or an update that comes close to the awesomeness of G1 Erector. :thumb 

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't think a retool of the Inferno mold should be all that hard.
    it has been posted before that several people modded their Inferno with actual ladders from other toys to make it a true fire truck.

So how hard would it be to add an extending grapple hook to the mold and repaint the mold?

same for modders out there with a spare inferno.

i wouldn't mind a new mold entirely for Grapple, just to equal Inferno's epic awesomeness.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    "Difficulty" isn't the issue for Hasbro in terms of creating it. What Hasbro is looking at is "is retooling this Inferno figure profitable enough for us to create a Grapple from it in a mass market?"

That being the case, I'd imagine that creating an entirely new mold would be even more expensive, and even less profitable.

20. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I really like Inferno. One of the best figures in the universe2.0 line, really. If he was made into Grapple, I'd be all over it. I also dont hink it would be difficult for Hasbro to make one if they wanted to. They consistantly make amazing figures for us to covet, so if they want to, they can. I thought about getting that TRU TFTM exclusive yellow re-paint to make my own Grapple, but Inferno was so scarce in my area when he was released, that I only saw him at retail twice until earlir this year when TRU brought out like 8 of him out of nowhere. By that time, the yellow guy was long gone. At retail anyway.