Classics Headmasters...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jan 6, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Do you think it would be a good idea? I personally think Classics Headmasters and/or Targetmasters would be a great edition to the Classics line.

If Hasbro were to do a headmasters theme, I would hope they would discard the whole Nebulan backstory in favour of a more realistic explanation.

What are your thoughts? Do you agree/disagree with my idea, or do you have your own version? If so I would love to hear your comments and atitude towards the subject.

Thankyou for listening.

2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes please. I think that Targetmasters would probably work better, although I do love Headmasters.

3. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes Yes Yes, I was thinking about the same thing! I want the headmasters but I still want the Nebulan backstory. Mabye a updated version of what happened after the Rebirth series. I always wanted more of that series.

But Yes headmasters would be great.

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just didn't care for the Nebulan story simply because it seemed... rushed and not very well thought out. Although it was interesting.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think Headmasters and Targetmasters would be a good idea for them to look into if Classics ever got large enough. And I do agree with Split Lip about the Nebulan backstory... it needs to get the axe. I just never really cared for it.

As an alternative backstory I would suggest something similar to the Japanese Headmasters theme. Where the heads and guns are basically smaller robots instead of fleash creatures in robot suits. I mean, someone want to explain to me how they don't get all squished up in those things?

6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Aparantly they used a type of "bio-bonding" or whatever. Bonding or not, that's still gotta hurt like hell.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I know in the DW continuity -based on their bios- that they were going to actually replace certain body parts with robotic parts. I believe that they had eluded to that too in the old Marvel continuity. Although, I believe that -based on the design sketches from DW for the Headmasters and Targetmasters- that their robot suits were actually going to be a bit larger than they were instead of seemingly the same size like they were in the original cartoon and the Marvel comic... which would help to alleviate some of the unbelievability of the whole thing.

But still, I think I'd just prefer the whole smaller robot ala minicons -except not so f-ing annoying- angle from the Japanese Headmasters series.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I'd dig some new Head/Power/Targetmasters. But I agree that making the partners organic creatures is not a good idea. It sorta makes the transformer a glorified mech, instead of a pair of robots that work as a team.

Maybe they could fold it into the minicon idea, so that the heads/engines/guns are specially adapted minicons.

EDIT: Beaten to it! :) 

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'd love to see Classics Headmasters/Targetmasters! Considering what they've been able to do with Minicons, they should be able to do some amazing Nebulon (or whatever) partners!
    Actually, I'd like to see Classics versions of a lot of the gimmicky Transformers from around that time; Throttlebots, Clones, Duocons, etc.
    Headmasters and Targetmasters moreso than the others, but I would like to see them.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd rather see more original characters first, like Sideswipe and Skywarp, but I'd love a Classics Chromedome or Weirdwolf as well. With modern engineering, those great old designs could really be updated with style, especially the beastial Decepticons. A Weirdwolf with a wolf mode as great as Cybertron Snarl's, and a properly poseable robot mode would kick so much tail.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I would love an updated mindwipe. and how about powermasters. redoing doubldealer would be totally awesome

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd prefer Punch / Counterpunch, but with this line I'll quite happily take anything new that is offered. Nine Classics in my collection so far, nine hits. Each and every one is awesome. I'm even drafting in Brakedown GTS, Bulkhead and a few others to make up numbers on both sides.

13. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

Headmasters Is Teh Awesomeness!!! (HITA)

14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want some breastmaster then too. Kidding. I would dig some Headmasters...TOTALLY

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    yeah that would be awesome, I would like Pretenders too!

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was never big on headmasters/powermasters, and I'm not sure what Hasbro's opinions are on them, especially for Classics since hardly anyone outside a TF board knows they existed, much less any of their names.

Some targetmaster weapons, possibly minicons or micromasters, would be pretty nifty though.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want classics pretenders!!!

hello? anybody there?

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Classics headmasters and targetmasters would be awesome. I would love to see an updated Fort Max in this line. He dosn't have to be 2' in my opinion, but he would have to at least be a Supreme to make me happy. Pretenders on the other hand, I would not personally want to see. I've never understood the concept of them, and I wouldn't by them even if they did decide to remake them. Peace out.

19. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I would like to see a new Doubledealer as well. Targetmasters could work a little better as a sort of minicon.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

more first and second years first please... then maybe combiners... and dinobots and insecticons, and shockwave... please before headmasters!

unless of course they do hardhead...