"Classics" Hasbro VS Takara Picture Comparisons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Trailbreaker77, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Very cool job, thanks.

2. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm sooo glad someone did this.. except that now I want to pick up more Henkei versions Dammit!!

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These came in today, when I get some free time I will add the seekers comparison pictures.
    [​IMG]

4. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool. Can't wait to see the comparison pictures for Skywarp and Thundercracker.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, and no offense meant by this, but you should really take new pictures for the Prowl comparison. It's really not fair unless both Prowl's are transformed correctly. As-is it's giving an unfair advantage to the Henkei version, as it's feet are properly transformed, while Hasbro's Prowl's feet still need to be pulled down. Also, my personal opinion still remains the same. Hasbro>Takara.

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    This thread is full of win. Thanks heaps to Trailbreaker77:thumbs2: 

7. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see your Henkei Rodimus has the same issue mine has, the front right won't quite fit all the way in.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATE: Added pictures of Skywarp & Thundercracker.

I understand what you are saying and no I am not offended when I get some free time I will shoot those figures again. The reason I made this tread is so fans can make an opinion on which figures they like better. That is why I did not post in the Feedback tread everyone should make there own opinion.

9. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the pics man wow 90% of the Henkei one look way better then hasbros. to bad some of them our so expensive to get here.

10. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    nice pics man

but I just dont see the reason to pay 20 dollars or more more for a figure with some diferent paint apps and some badly placed chrome the only ones that even look mildly worth it are

Optimus- well hes a semi truck he has to have chrome and it does look better than the Hasbro one

Megatron- no more weird colors thank god

Astrotrain- I like G1 Astrotrain and hes just a beautiful representation but the chrome is horrid

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i almost totally agree with u...though i actually prefer all of classics 1.0 from henkei except grimlock...i like the toon accurate astrotrain better than classics....but im also pretty happy with my hasbro universe classics 2.0

oh n thanks for the pics, bro...didnt see this thread til now, awesome comparisons..gonna be very helpful for people to decide between hasbro n henkei

12. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    Gotta say I'm lovving this!

13. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks alot for these pics, this thread is awesome. here's my thoughts:

Prime:

Robot mode, I give to Henkei, hands down.
    Truck mode...I prefer Hasbro's deco, but I think the chrome grill and bumper on the Henkei look really nice too. It's close, but I'd give it to Hasbro.

Megatron:

Henkei. Looks so much slicker - but I can't personally justifiy spending twice the amount for him. If I find someone trying to unload it for cheap, I'd go for it. Fun toy either way.

Starscream:

I prefer Hasbro's. Both have good and bad points (in both modes), but I really don't care for the chrome on him, and I hate the white brackets in robot mode. I also really dig the new wing deco, and find the Henkei one boring in comparison.

Astrotrain:

Henkei again. I really like the dark grey, and I actually own this one (only Henkei so far). Not only do I think it looks better, it's more cartoon accurate of course. Don't care for the chrome on him, but it's not horrible.

Prowl:

I like the chrome gun and missle launchers, but not the chrome spoiler. I also prefer Hasbro's lightbar. Since I keep toys in robot mode mostly, I'd probably give it to Henkei, but it's not a big margin (and not worth the cost for me).

Sunstreaker:

I prefer Hasbro's yellow (Takara's almost looks orange by comparison), but I really like Henkei's chrome on this one, since it's so G1-riffic. I don't know how much the color difference is noticeable in person, or if you only really notice it if you have them side-by-side. I'd probably pick this Henkei up if I could find it cheap.

Mirage:

Hasbro pretty easily. I kinda like the chrome spoiler, but I hate the chrome on the front end of the car. I also much prefer the paint apps on the Hasbro one (the number 26, the line of blue on his chest in robot mode).

Bumblebee:

Hasbro again, although I don't mind the solid yellow of the Henkei. I find the chrome pretty awful though, but it doesn't stick out that much.

Grimlock:

Hasbro, very easily. I like the red crotch (lawl) and the gold on the forearms, but god, that chrome is hideous. The white tail is hideous too.

Jetfire:

Hasbro. Henkei one looks boring by comparison (although I don't mind the light blue).

Ramjet:

Hasbro yet again. The solid red wings seems too bright to me. I don't mind the chrome spoilers though. I find the decos on the robot body and the plane mode much more striking than Henkeis.

Hot Rod:

Henkei. I know they're gaudy, but I love the big gold spoiler for whatever reason. Also dig the orange chest, and the orange dabs on the wrists.

Thundercracker:

BotCon. Prefer the paint decos in both modes.

Skywarp:

Hasbro again. I just don't like the painted knees =/

14. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Thanks for the comparisons, Tb77!

15. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean the Target Exclusive right? :wink: 

16. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Only ones that i think are better would be Megs Prime and Astrotrain, the rest? Hasbro wins hands down, to much god awful chrome.

Prowl's launchers look utterly STUPID, sure the tips should be silver/chrome but not the whole f'ing things, my Universe Prowl with my repainted launchers looks 10x better, and the chrome spoiler? HAHAHAHA.

Course that orange on Rodimus' wrists look good, might have to mimic that onto my Classics one hehe.

17. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Durr, yes :) 

18. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woah, had no idea the yellow was different for henkei Sunstreaker.
    May have to pick that up now.

19. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Thanks for pics! Great quality!

[​IMG]

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i like chrome too ^^ but that just doesnt make sense and looks weird, imo...i love all the other henkeis better than hasbro classics except grimlock