Minor/Repaint: Classics Hardshell

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Another 'bash from a little while back, Hardshell is a re-imagined version of my first ever repaint, converted from a Classics Bumblebee.

The only real mod made to the fig itself aside fom the paintjob is a resculpted face (Green Stuff) and lightpiping made from injected hot glue coated with Tamiya clear red. And of course, the Decepticon Reprolabel rubsign.

The Waverunner was modded to have a third mode, that of a double-barrelled cannon. The barrels came from a couple of old salvaged Multimac guns. The post was constructed from thick styrene sheet and some tubing. I shaved out a large notch in the seat of the jetski to fit it, and drilled a hole through both and inserted a wire pin to hinge it. I also trimmed a little material from the base of the jetski to allow the front 'handlebar' piece to pivot forward and function as a hand guard.

----------

DECEPTICON - HARDSHELL

FUNCTION: Espionage, saboteur
    “Fear not the army of foes you can see; fear the one foe you cannot.”

Profile: Hardshell is the ghost in the machine. If something goes wrong, odds are he’s behind it, but he’ll be long gone before you realise. Cool and efficient, he slips in, gets the job done and gets out.
    Self-assured, self-reliant, self-important and self-centred, Hardshell is supremely confident in his abilities, but far less so in those of his associates. He much prefers to work alone, so that he doesn’t have “rooks” getting in the way of his doing the job properly.
    Off-duty, however, he loves to spend time in the company of his comrades, mostly so he can regale them with his latest success stories and rub in how much better he is than they are. He has a dark wit and a sharp tongue; he loves to laugh at the suffering of others, and if he’s caused it, so much the better. The only Decepticons safe from his insults are Ravage (whose abilities and professionalism he quietly respects as being on a par with his own) and Megatron himself (who he knows well enough not to cross).

Weapons and Abilities: Subject has below-average strength, but well above-average agility and durability. Personal force-field can be tuned to absorb or bend electromagnetic radiation including light, microwaves and radio waves, making him virtually invisible to most detection methods, as well as allowing him to weather barrages of laser fire with hardly a scorch mark. Banks of sensitive scanners allow him to constantly monitor terrain and enemy activity. Equipped with a series of long-ranged passive scanners, and shorter-ranged active sets. Hands are equipped with an array of cutting torches and welders which he uses in his sabotage work; the settings on these can also be altered to double as short-ranged blasters. If he thinks confrontation is likely, he'll also bring his Waverunner and trailer; in addition to transforming into a jump pack, which uses booster jets to afford him very limited flight, it can also become a hand-held double-barrelled plasma blaster.

Weaknesses: Although highly durable, Subject’s low strength and lack of dedicated weapons systems means he does not fare well in direct combat. He is often overly dismissive of others’ abilities, allowing him to be caught off guard when an opponent (or disgruntled ally) proves to be more capable than he gave them credit for. His attitude makes him a lot of enemies, including on his own side. Subject's Waverunner, while useful, is extremely energy-inefficient, and can only be used for brief periods - either for several boosted 'jumps', or a short firefight. Subject is aware of this and uses it primarily to aid his own escape in tight situations.

Attached Files:

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Great job! I'm glad to see a Classics kitbash. Props on the head sculp and the cool use of the trailer as a gun!

3. Warmachine

Warmachine Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    I like the look of the head. Kind of reminds me of The Fallen. Not trying to tell you how to take pics but next time try not to use a flash or place direct bright light on the custom. It can kill the details and highlight parts not desired. Before I contsructed my own lightbox I used to take the pics outside but in the shade. Taking pics outside provides a good light source but without the glare. Hope this helps. Or try this link if you like.: http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent Good luck dude and keep `em coming.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

A very cool custom and awesome bio about him. He's not to be messing with in a dark alley on Cybertron, thats for sure.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah... I know the pics aren't perfect, but I'm working with what I can at the time. I'm not in a position to knock up a lightbox at this point (though I may seriously look at that down the line), and outdoor pics aren't really an option - daylight's at a bit of a premium at the mo, and besides which we have a tiny back yard with no space I can set up for photos.
    Glad you like the face work - actually, you're not the first person to say he reminded them of the Fallen... He wouldn't like to admit it, but Hardshell's far less to worry about... :p 

Thanks. Frankly, I'd far rather meet him face-to-face in a dark alley than find out he's already been there and left a nasty surprise... :p 

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

lol Man, thats true.

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice!...I like it a lot :thumb 

As Warmachine said, I get the "Fallen" vibe from the head sculpt too...

Nice job with the jet ski/gun too...keep them coming!!

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the modding of the waverunner is pretty damn cool RR. love it man.

9. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

that head is sweet and the waverunner like redline said is hot

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks - glad you like the Waverunner. I figured since I was already doing two Bumblebee-based mods, then Hardshell should get something different. Besides, he needed something to get over his lack of offensive weapons... :p 

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks wicked

12. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

The headshot where you can see the eyes glowing is the coolest thing ever. Would make for a unique and kickass avatar.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh, thanks. Actually, I did use a similar shot of him as an avatar over at another board...

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Nice, nice work. The head is all nice and grim.