Classics got me thinking about the new show.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Megatron and Primal have screwed up history. So some of the Bm characters have to go back and fix it. I have a fan story I have several skeches of.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've actually got my own ideas using both the BM and Cybertron characters. For example, Thunderblast is Scourge's great granddaughter, and she leads the Neo Decepticons, while Strika and Obsidian are the generals to Unicron's new army (Unicron is the tank version), while Cheetor and gang try to keep a civil war from breaking out over the Technorganic subject.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just want em to bring back production stateside. i'm bias that way.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the Botcon comics, the Oracle was revealed to be a Quintesson trick. Also, I believe Furman had planned to have the technorganic Cybertron destroyed by Unicron's minions, but the comic was canned before that happened.

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The kind of story I want, is a multi way conflict that branches over multiple seasons. A story of Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, Minicons, Micromasters, and their various ilk. Make all of these names be brands that their society is facing on them as they fight on a struggling Planet Cybertron. Let there be little no distinction of who is right and wrong just a matter of their actions. All the great leaders have died, and the remnants of the causes seek to find the survival. Ultra Magnus leads the Autobots against Sixshot of the Decepticon forces. While, Cheetor leads the newly established Maximals against the Decepticon general Razorclaw the griffin. The minicons are caught in the middle of it all being Transformers that had reverted to a small size to try to avoid the conflict with their while they face competition against the Micromasters who have no intention of backing down to the Micronian counterparts. Let it be an all out war, where characters are killed off and not reformated. Let it be dark and brooding!

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That would be great. Just pick up from season two, with a similar formula to the original series. As far I'm concerened, the movie and season three could be ignored. Introduce Hot Rod, and let him develop into a confident leader. He could be Optimus's XO, or be the one to take the fight back to Cybertron, becoming OP's peer.

I place a large part of that on Hot Rod's poor characterization. They could have made him a character that the kids would have loved. Instead, they had him constantly not only remind kids of Prime, but also remind them how much better Prime was. It was nice they made a character who had weaknesses. The problem is, that they forgot to give him any strengths.

Whatever new cartoon we get for whatever line, I hope to hell they get rid of Chalk as Prime. Chalk is just Cullen-eque enough to be distracting. It may be his regular voice, but he still sounds like he's trying to imitate the original. I've said it before, I'll say it again; if they're not going to have Cullen voice Prime, then get somebody who sounds completely different.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got to agree with the character of Hot Rod...the writers made him harp too much on not measuring up to Optimus' standards.

8. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I wanna see Mainframe tackle the TF franchise again. My wish list:

* A show picking up the Wreckers/Universe/TFCC comics, since that continuity is already an extension of G1/BW/BM. I.E.: Primal rendering Cybertron techno-organic has essentially weakened the planet in the face of Unicron's return to a corporeal state. I also wouldn't mind seeing Transtech incorporated into this concept somehow.

* Classics, although probably utilizing something based on the Binaltech/Alternators storyline so as to avoid having to go through the headache of having to dance through hoops with the auto makers again.

* A 'War Within' era show set before the Autobots and Decepticons show up on Earth.

* The Adventures of Devcon. :D 

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What Botcon comic had the Oracle being a Quintesson trick? This is news to me.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well I would like to see the a reverse of the normal TF story when they end up on earth, I’d like to see a show where humans end up on cybertron and find them selves in the middle of a civil war, they could use parts of there crashed ship to make there own robots if they need to take part in the war and I don’t know either finding the ship navigation computer or keeping it from the cons could part of the show to protect earth. Sure a lot of fans would bitch cos the alt modes would be all tech and not really disguise but it would be one hell of a better story concept than we’ve gotten of late.

And if they must do the megatron to galvatron upgrade then at least remould it to the level of crumplezone to dark crumplezone, I’m sure a hell of a lot more people would buy the two toys that way.

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

No. Please, no. We've had G1. Over and over in fact.

Cast's idea is interesting, and a refreshing change of pace.

But if you've absolutely GOT to tread down the G1 path, how's about going back a ways? See stuff we've never seen before rather than showing the same story playing out for the thousandth time. Pre-Autobot Ark launch. Or even post-launch/pre-awakening. How cool would it be to watch the events unfold from Shockwave's perspective, and then see what happens to Cybertron while the Earth-bound bots and cons sleep?

But really, I'd be OK with just dropping G1 altogether and getting on with a new Transformers tale. The G1 rehashing and reliving really doesn't need to keep going forever. Keep in mind this coming from someone who got into Transformers before the show even started, my first one being a pre-rubsign Sunstreaker bought on a wim back in '84.

I just think it's time for something new. Beast Wars was awesome. How about re-exploring that concept if you have to rehash something? It's still relatively fresh, not having been repeated infinitely over the past few years.

12. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

or 7/4/7

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm not expecting much from that film.

And everybody here posted some good ideas, it makes my head spin. I dig pre-crash timeline, that would be cool.

14. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

The should bring back Bud, from the Cybertron series… Just to have him die a devastating gruesome horrrrrrrible death on the 1st episode. No more kids, no more 15-year-olds that can "fix" complex interstellar machinery, etc.
    I'm all for something new, new leaders, new challenges, new enemies. You know, start fresh.
    That's unless they decide to bring back the REAL Dinobots, Predaking, Devastator, and add some new gestalts. Or tell a different perspective of the TF's story, like Shockwave's, as it was mentioned in previous posts, though I wouldn't mind seeing War Within made into a cartoon.
    Anyway, as long as there's no bimbo kids, no stupid pointless gimmicks, and also as long as the robots keep getting better and better, I'll be glad to watch it.
    Wishful thinking…

15. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

That's actually an interesting idea.

That's a good idea too. Also, that way Galvy would really seem like a beefed up version of Megs instead of just a new paintjob. I'd still like to see a series where Megs and Galvy are two different characters.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, I did not have any problems with the trio from Cybertron. Hell, Lori was awesome even though I would have liked to have seen Flame Convoy step on her. They weren't like the band of losers from Armada or Energon, these three actually did something than just stand around and talk as if they were from a bad Ed Edd and Eddy episode.

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The best way to fix the ending of Beast Machines is to start the new series with Victoria Principle waking up from a nightmare.

18. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Damn you! And now I see Bobie Ewing stepping out of a shower.

"Oh, Bobbie, I had the strangest dream. There were robots, and plants, and this big dragon thing that didn't like salads. . ."

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "it's OK baby, it's OK .... What's Family Guy?"

Sorry, wrong episode. :) 

20. GalvaTRION

GalvaTRION Not one step back.

Ultra-super-mega-happy wish list:

*No. KIDS. Adults/non-irritating teenagers are fine, I can live with someone like Spike, who wasn't a jackass like each human character since. Don't have the Transformers take him (or her) anywhere the Transformers go. Don't drag them into battles. The TFs should be keeping kids away from crap like that, not allowing them to tag along.

*Cullen and Welker.

*Mainframe.

*Written in America or Canada. The anime crap has GOT to stop. Len Wein, Simon Furman, Larry DiTillo, and Bob Forward would be on the writing staff.

*Continuing G-1 after 1986 up to the movie.

Another good one is the idea (which has been around for a long time), that Beast Machines wasn't the end, and not everyone was happy. We need returning Transformers to be completely aghast at the crazy cult that has hijacked their home world. Heck, since Beast Wars started the trend of bringing in stuff from the Simon Furman comics, let's bring Jhiaxus in. As great as this show would be in CG, I'd think that with the huge cast of characters that would be involved, this would have to be hand animated.

Another good one would be an animated version of the Simon Furman comics.

Realistically though, I'd settle for anything written in America or Canada, with as few humans as possible, and not based on the movie.