Classics got me thinking about the new show.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

As I was watching images of the new classics figures, I started thinking about the new tf show. What Hasbro should do (and I mean Hasbro, Takara/Tomy hasn't got all of it's marbles straighten out yet) is revamp the whole G1 show again from the beginning.
    Get Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio to do the script as they did it for BW, use bots from the classics line, with 2 parallel storylines involving Prime with the rest of the Autobots from G1 season 1 (not all of them of course, just the most prominent like Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, etc.) and Megs with Decepticons from Season 1 on Earth, and Ultra Magnus with Hot Rod and the other autobots from the movie and season 2,3 (again not all of the G1 autobots, just prominent ones) fighting guerilla war against Shockwave with decepticons from the movie and season 2,3 (same aplies here, like with the autobots) on Cybertron. I haven't watched the new tf series so I don't know how much things happen on Cybertron, but from G1, episodes with Cybertron were most memorable from me, especially the ones in season 1.
    We should have few episodes on Earth, then switch few eps on Cybertron, connect them sometimes with eps where some of the characters return to Cybertron or depart for Earth to warn their comrades or thwart a diabolical plan masterminded by Megs or Shockwave, or foil a desperate attempt to obtain a crucial object necessary for survival of the group, etc. The story arcs should be spaning several episodes, i.e. more than 3, sometimes whole season just like in BW.
    To tell you the truth I think a perfect mix between G1 (as in character looks and surroundings) and BW (as in characterisation and development of the story) is well, just PERFECT.
    Since the movie is not going to be G1, but rather an alternate story put in the same universe, I think that Hasbro should really think about making a show such as this.

Well my rant comes to an end. So feel free to comment. I just hope hasbro people stumble upon this thread and take it into consideration.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd prefer seeing a NEW story now. Something that isn't yet another rehash of Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, just with redesigned alt modes and changing subordinates, half of whom are somehow based on/homages to G1 characters.

II'd like to see something entirely new, not Yet Another Rehash.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but without someone new it would be hard for a current character to replace Prime and or Megs

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Whatever they do, I'd just hope the animation is quality and the writing is interesting enough to hold both the attention of kids and adults alike.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    well no, there was Star Saber and whatever the bad guys name was, but it wasn't Megatron. And in Masterforce although Ginrai looked liked Optimus he didn't act like him, and the bad guy again wasn't megatron. The point I was trying to make is you can still have good Transformers shows without Optimus and Megatron, and the subordinates were different but still kind of the same. Maybe a show can be made like those shows but then actually shown in America!

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I concur with I Love Dinbot. Optimus and Megatron have been replaced successfully, at least in Japan for a few years. Masterforce and Victory were two of the best series ever. It wouldn't be too bad to see this type of series newly done in the US/UK. Leave the factions in place and give me good leaders like Ginrai and Star Saber and I'd be a very happy camper. It would give fans a good break and maybe Unicron could be left out too and the bad guy leader not have a color-change upgrade. Now that would be novel for the 21st century. :D 

7. Razorclaw

I agree with this. But still it would be nice to see G1 upgraded with better storyline and pacing.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If they do make another show I say NO HUMANS!!! Thats what always ruined the show for me. Well obviously some, but now kid companions ya'know what I mean?

9. Razorclaw

They should stick with the G1 idea concerning human companions, but please, oh please forget about Daniel. I really liked grown up Spike though.

10. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Why would they do a Classics cartoon without the Classics characters?

11. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

My ideal new G1 show wouldn't redo anything. It would simply continue from the end of Season 2, and be episodic -- evil invention/alien device of the week, character features, and so forth; just the everyday battles of the good guys and the bad guys, with plenty of room to fill between 1985 and 2005. The only ongoing plot would be about the Matrix, secretly carried by Optimus Prime, gradually becoming public knowledge after the 'program' part of the Matrix (passed on to Buster for a while in the comic) was slightly damaged, and saved to a non-volatile memory unit designed by Wheeljack and Perceptor to contain and protect it indefinitely. This idea pleases me much.

I would also be quite pleased if I could find a way to make the series a prequel to Armada...but I haven't seen enough Armada to cook anything up. (I did read the comic. It was good). Would this be too difficult to tie together? Never say never until you have proof; Zobovor's fanfic 'A Thing Of The Past' managed to neatly tie up the Constructicons' conflicting cartoon origins in a very enjoyable Back To The Future fashion. Great Scott!

(http://members.aol.com/zobovor/atotp.html)

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed after 4 toy lines in a row, the straight repaint of Megatron into Galvatron is becomming a running joke....

.... and soon i'm going to stop laughing.

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for both ideas. Razorclaw's idea is pretty cool, but I'd also love to see something other than Chalk-voiced Prime vs Kaye-voiced Megs again and again. (and no more unicron, damn movie plot devices!)

Although with the movie, I don't see them straying from Prime/Megs anytime soon. They're icons, and the movie will cement that even further. Now, if they could do some kind of spin-off, that might work. Of course with the last few toons getting shit times etc, I don't see that happening either.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    My idea for a show would be a g1 /beast wars cross over where they fix the ending to beast machines or ignore it entirely.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fix the BM ending? How would they do that? Weed killers? Agent Orange?:confused: 

16. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with the Chalk-voiced Optimus and Kaye-voiced Megatron. I think what brought them down considerably was the fact that the translation/dubbing of the previous shows (Armada/RID/Cybertron) from Japanese to English, made them seem more cartoony than anything.
    Their characterizations from Beast Wars/Beast Machines were excellent and on point. In fact BW/BM Megatron was better than G1 Megatron/Galvatron. That's just my opinion though. Galvatron went from badass in the movie, to a complete maniacal clown in the series. They should've just left him as Megatron. (sigh)

If there is a new show, I can only hope that it's done here. No more japanese shows with their annoyingly kid-centered mentality. If you have human characters, make it adults! No more damn kids. PLEASE!! LOL

17. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    That worked for Japan, but remember the last time Hasbro took away Prime, the series started to flounder.

Another issue that needs to be kept in mind is that Wal...er..retailers WANT consistant characters, characters like Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Jetfire, etc, have proven solid sellers. But, a show could work around it by making Megatron and Prime "stay at home generals" and delegate field actions to subordinates, who could be all new characters.

And with current trademark law, there is a vested interest in keeping some of these names, best we could hope for is a situation like Armada or Machine Wars where we have classic names, but mostly new characters, like Armada Blurr or Cyclonus. I'm sure many wouldn't mind another Starscream if he was significantly different from previous incarnations (like Machine Wars)

18. Razorclaw

I forgot to put that if they do a show as I wrote about in the first post, they should tie it up with BW, and smooth the inconsistencies as much they could.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd rather have a story that shows us the Autobots and Decepticons upgrading into Maximals and Predacons, or a sequel to BM. There is so much they can do with a sequel series.

20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, let's see here, you got:

-All Transformers are now Technorganics, and I'm quite sure there are a lot that aren't happy.
    -Missing Transformers that fled Cybertron when Megatron's virus took it over, and most of them should still be technological beings.
    -Obsidian and Stryka are out in space somewhere.
    -Unicron's head must still be around out there. Perhaps Stryka and Obsidian find him and reawaken him? He can then do his own reformatting, and create an army of "Neo-Decepticons" or something.
    -What ever happened to Galvatron?
    -Would those not happy with beast forms start a resistance?

See, there is so much you can do.