Digibash: Classics Gobots - Part 1...

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ramrider, May 8, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

For some reason, I've been on a bit of a Gobots kick lately, and I fancied having a go at updating some of them. We've already had a Classics Bugbite (albeit as a silly white Bumblebee redeco, like the E-Hobby version), and the Movie Crasher/Fracture, redecoed from Mirage (though I have a different mould in mind for her, and a different plan for the Mirage fig...).

...now here's Fitor! Redecoed from Classics Ramjet - if I were to repaint him myself (which I'd love to, but it'd be some way down the line) I'd add on a visor and file down the nose to a chisel point, but I think the straight repaint works fine...

Attached Files:

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    That's not bad at all. One of the few Go-bots I remember actually wanting to own as a kid.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Hmph. I never thought of making Fitor from Ramjet. It seems so obvious now. Do you mind if I give this a go, myself?

4. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of doing this at one time. Until I forgot and sold my extra Ramjet.

I like it, I say someone should do it.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Totally, go for it. I'd do it myself, but I don't even have the cash at the moment to finish the main Seekers, and they're more of a priority for me. Maybe someday...

Meantime, yeah, feel free. :D 

6. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always wanted to take a classics Ramjet and swap the cockpit/head section from Starscream and paint it up like Leader 1.

7. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Very nice, what a way of making an OK toy into a WINNER!!!

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, that's another one I've puzzled over. I'd be tempted to try and re-engineer a Screamer for that, though, so the back faces forwards and vice versa. Not sure how at the moment, mind...

Why, thankye kindly, sir... :D 

9. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Even if I didn't know it was a GoBot ... that's one pretty rad repaint as is. :D 

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is too cool....amazing how much it looks like him...

You gotta bring this digi to life!

11. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thinking was to simply make a piece to attach to the chest that would cover the cockpit in robot mode.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    using a stripe of styrene, and then just cutting some shapes to glue over it to add detailing, would definitely be easier than altering his transformation. That'd look pretty sweet I think.

13. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

how about removing the side stacks on his shoulders, or shaving them down a bit, no prominant ones on fitor it seems. very cool idea though, I look forward to seeing more.

14. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Not bad, ramrider. Very original.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's certainly easily doable, I've done something similar before. But try this on for size...

Here's Leader-1. And here's a photo of my Ramjet, a little mistransformed. Swap him out for a Screamer, and reverse the thighs (should be easy enough). You'd also need to do a little work on the arms to reverse them, and retool the face a bit. Shouldn't actually be too tricky, and I think it'd make for a much better L-1 homage.

Actually, when I originally did this digibash a week or two back (before I lost it when my hard drive crashed :( ), I did just that. The shoulder vents were trimmed down (not completely obliterated, but made less prominent), and the nosecone was 'filed' to a chisel tip. This version is admittedly a bit more 'quick and dirty'.

16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I think that would be so cool to see that happen.

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Just for the record, for anybody who might be interested in trying the Leader-1 thing at all, it's actually not difficult at all to swap the thighs - it's certainly a bit fiddly, and you need to keep track of what's coming from where, but it's not hard at all. You just need to make sure you swap the thighs, without switching the knee-blocks attached to them (the ones that slide into the calf). It could also be a good idea to file a bit off the plate at the back of the hips, to allow some extra leg clearance...

18. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Check out the Leader-1 digibash in this pic:
    http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/skywarp2/Gobots/newGobots-1.jpg

That is awesome. It looks like it's pretty much a Super Go-Bots Leader-1 with new legs, arms and head. Swapping the head would be easy, attaching new legs wouldn't be too hard, but the arms would be tricky considering how Leader-1 transforms

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Those do look good, but I'm tempted to guess that's all they're designed for; I don't think the transformation's been particularly thought through, it just looks like various photos of suitable-looking parts stuck together.

20. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

It's a great idea, wish I had the skill to do it myself. but if the the shoulders vents were removed pieces could be added to the side of his head to fatten it up I imagine.