Heavy/Scratch: Classics/Gladiatorial Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, Jan 30, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This custom is inspired by the Megatron Origin story by IDW. Mostly the parts and bit during his time in the Gladiator games in the depths of Cybertron. I wondered what parts did he take from his fallen adversaries and upgraded himself with, so I took some liberties and came up with a few.

I'm going to get the Robot and Alt mode out of the way first so we can get right to the good stuff. I know your going to notice that the safety yellow plastic is unpainted and I left that because my children sometimes grab my customs and run about. I wouldn't want them heading outside with what looks like a realistic gun.
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode:
    [​IMG]

Alt Gun:
    [​IMG]

Next is Megatron Multi-tool arm and it's attachments. First is the Energon morning star/mace Megatron had installed into his arm in Origins and used in the MTMTE episode 2 from the 80's.
    [​IMG]

Secondly a Energon Rapier:
    [​IMG]

And last comes the Grasper:
    [​IMG]

Below in the attachments are pictures of Megatron and a defeated Cybertronian who thought he had a chance, poor soul threw his spark away. Well had it ripped away as you will see in the pics below. For the time being the dead bots name will be C.F0>>3-r(If anyone guess his name gets a cookie. Hint: Think Leetspeak)

Enjoy and comments and critique. And I will answers any question ya'll may have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

DAMN!! Those attachment Megs has are fearsome, but I like them. You did a sweet job, despite the yellow on top so your kids don't get in trouble and you well you know. So all and all great job.

3. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

That is one of the most creative Megatron customs I've ever seen. It isn't a cybertronic Tank, but the thought is clearly there, the photos even show Megatron's joy of using weapons. You are one brutal son of a gun.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Wow, this is nice. When I finish Cy-Kill, we can take pictures of them fighting each other (j/k). Of course, Cy-Kill will just be Megatron fodder as in Origins.

I would cry if my hypothetical kids ran off with my customs.

5. Sunswipe

Sunswipe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alas poor cybertronian we hardly knew thee! Now only known as cannon fodder. I like how you went through the trouble of repainting the gundam after tearing it apart to reflect your megs homicidal tendancies.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That's a pretty awesome idea. I'd been thinking of nabbing a beam saber off of a Gundam for the Energon sword Megs used in the '86 movie, but that's so four steps above.

Have to say though, I'm a bit saddened that you tore up an Astray. It's my favorite Gundam.

7. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    I like the attachements. And the paint is great. I just can't get my eyes off the yellow/orange safety colors. Everything else about him screams megatron "origins".

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is awesome! It makes me want to revisit my Megatron.

9. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks I want to paint them and it may still happen once I get a cabinet with a lock or shelves where they can't reach.

I thought of doing a tank, but the only one I could think of was Marvel Crossovers one and the hands and arms are wayyy too big for my liking. I tried to make a few settle nods to the Cybertronian Megs with the three holes on each side of his brow. No clue what they are for but I've always liked them.

Your Cy-Kill is going to....well Kill!!!:lol  You have anymore plans for future Go-Bots customs?

Damns you!! I didn't even give you more of a clue other than what was posted here about his name. But he actually isn't finished yet. We will be seeing a lot of C.Fodder in the future. And I mean a lot by a little over here and a little up there........:tumbleweed: ....and there goes a piece.

I have one of Astray swords but I never got around to painting it, and it's tad bit loose in the hand. And it was a junker Astray body with a Freedom head that I messed up one a long long time ago and I since bought a new one. Him and Exia are the best ones. You know there is a PG 1/60 Version coming out right :drool.

I love what I've seen thus far with your customs and I can just make out your custom Classics Megs in you collection pics. Post post post!!!!

10. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

oohhh, DRAMA,

nice photos. The paint job is top notch!!!

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Of course.

I want to try Loco next.

12. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    And here is a easy hint at my next custom Classics kitbash. Hint:"Galoob"

Almost everyone should be able to get that one!!! And Sunswipe not a peep you already know my plans.:throw 

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

awsome

14. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I like the attachments. Is the rapier a 1/100 scale beam saber piece from a gundam?

15. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dude the photos of the outright pwnership on that poor sap are the best part! Nice work.

16. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That's just straight Pimpin' !!!!
    I think this could be the best Classics Megs to date.

17. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

sweet that is tight I love the paint apps very clean and the attachments make it off the hook

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, don't know if I'll be picking it up yet (might have to sell off some stuff- HAH), but it's piqued my interest.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like everything you did to this piece, except for the Claw. It has a completely different design aesthetic in relation to everything else on this piece, and looks out of place.

20. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    I feel ya there. That is the difficult thing I'm learning now that I'm really digging into my kitbashes. Somethings can be too detailed to use and have it fit or not enough.

I attempted trimming an extra claw of the same kind and it just fell apart.

And thanks for the IMG link tip.