Classic's getting the RID treatment, give your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LEADERS_MATRIX, Oct 17, 2006.

1. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I got this idea from Nightrain's thread,
    How do you guys and gals fill about the thought of Classics getting repaints like RID did?
    We are already getting Devastator, from Energon, so how about Superion, and Bruticus, and even some others like Cyb. Blur, and so on.

I was also thinking of bots from other lines that would fit in this way myself, so how many of you are doing this, and would a repaint like this make you want to buy a bot you already have again?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's inevitable, I suppose; repaints are a good moneyspinner. However, I will not buy repaints of toys I already own (unless they are convention exclusives). Nothing short of extensive remoulding (and I don;t mean shoving a Cyber Key onto it, or anything like that) is likely to change that.

3. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Reproduce piranacon, menasor and defensor :D  Ill buya repaint if its cool, if i really like it repaint or not its mine.

4. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was cool in RID, it was like the frakenstien series which was cool because it was a new and seperate continuity. HOWEVER, I feel that Classics should not bring in ANYTHING from previous lines and should be nothing but original molds. Yes, inevitably it will have repaints, but it should be repaints of other Classics (ex. Magnus and Skywarp) not previous toys from other toy lines (Devastator - who doesn't even have all six members whuch defeats the whole purpose of it being a Classic Devastator at all). But of course, those are just my thoughts.

5. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I'm with Draven. No repaints from other lines, such as Devastator, for me (especially considering I have every main-line mould since Energon). I mean, I'm disappointed about Cliffjumper being a Bumblebee repaint from THIS line.

Re-moulds from other lines are out as well.

Because I need money.

Because I'm a capitalist pig.

Have fun!!!

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    By and large I'm totally against it. I am making an exception in Devastator's case, but I don't want to see him start a trend.

Mind you, I would definitely snap up a Superion Maximus repainted like the G1 Aerialbots.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'd really rather they didn't. The cool thing about Classics is that they are doing new molds of old characters. Bringing in repaints from other lines would dilute it. I would almost rather not have a character than just have it as a lazy repaint from another line. Frankly, the "Classics" Devastator really kinda bothers me for that reason. (Though I find myself more forgiving of the LOC repaints, just 'cause those seem more like little novelties than actual full-fledged figures.)

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me, Repaints only if they fit the basic theme of the Classics line (kinda like the Devastator repaint set) and fit it well (unlike the vast majority of those LOC repaints)

9. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    No repaints from other lines.

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Depends really. If they're good repaints, then I'll consider it. For instance, I like the color scheme of Devastator more than Constructicon Maximus. So if and when I get Devastator then I'll get rid of Constructicon Maximus. Same goes for Bruticus if they go that route.

With Superion, I hated Superion Maximus. I thought he was the crappiest gestalt of the three largely due to the fact that he didn't hold his form well due the hollow chest syndrome. If they repaint this guy, I'm gonna pass.

I don't mind Cliffjumper as a repaint of Bumblebee. I'll repaint him to take all of that crappy silver paint off but I won't mind him as a figure overall.

11. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I guess it would depend on what molds were being included. In all honesty, I'm not that keen on repaints simply because they are rarely done well. Moreover, many molds simply don't fit well with each other. The idea of a patchwork line just doesn't appeal to me. On the other hand, there are a handful of AAA molds made in the last few years that probably would work well in the Classics line. Seeing those molds repainted wouldn't bother me in the slightest, so long as the character selection was appropriate.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be to bad, mabye if they actually repainted some G1 characters like RID did. (lets have us some gesalts!)

13. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

If they repaint Mirage as Dragstrip, then maybe.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, it really depends on the chosen figure and character it's repainted into, but for the most part I'd rather they not. The whole purpose of Classics is old characters being redone. That's my two cents anyways.

15. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i dont mind afew repaints, though i probably will skip devestator. hopefulyl the rest of the repaints in the line will be like clifjumper and skywarp.

16. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Going to have to say NO on the repaints from other lines into Classics, I dont mind repaints of Classic molds as different characters as long as done right, like the seekers form example, but not like Magnus or Cliffjumper. Magnus should of been something more and CJ should of had his own head. A head mold makes all the difference for a new figure just not repainting it. And as for the getting the other energon gestalts in the line, i have one thing to say to that "give it up Hasbro" we dont need repaint in a new line from another line thats only 2 years old.

17. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Id buy em..

18. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I love repaints - I say yes, any repaint that would make a good homage should be included in Classics.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with Draven also - no repaints. The reason why I like Classics is because Hasbro is making effort to give us new moulds!

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hear Hear!

Just please Hasbro ... no giant Autobot/Decepticon symbols. So far so good, everything has been reminiscent of G1 (even the LoC toys) and that's the way Classics should stay. Please only release WELL ARTICULATED figures, not crap like "Armada Blurr" or "Armada Sideswipe" like we got in Cybertron.

kthxbye