classics/generations deluxe minibots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Disruptor, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Disruptor

Disruptor Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Am i the only person that feels that if they can make bee and cliffjumper in the deluxe class why should we only get a legends variant of windcharger?

and for that matter cosmos warpath and any other?

i think a specific wave would be awesome that was all deluxes and included all the old time favs

Huffer, windcharger, cosmos, warpath, brawn, powerglide just to name the most notable

anyone agree/disagree?

2. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Sea Spray's a Voyager, though he's under the "Hunt for the Decepticons" line.

But hell, he's worthy of being in anybody's Classics collection. :D 

3. Disruptor

Ebay:
    i know of the existing ones.. but none share the same scale

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'm all for it. Between scout and deluxe classes they work. Bumblebee/Cliffjumper don't stand as tall as the other in their size class which is great. Windcharger looks great with the size he is. So mixing up the others say...a Scout Beachcomber, and a Deluxe Brawn and/or Gears would be great.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i am really thinking kup will be repainted as gears ro hoping atleast

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Same scale, or same price point? Frankly, with 'Bee and Cliff as Deluxes, Seaspray and Powerglide should be Voyager and Ultra. I do agree that it feels daft that Windcharger should be limited to a Scout, though.

7. Disruptor

Ebay:
    in the original series, which these figures are supposed to be homage to, they were TINY
    even Powerglide and especially seaspray

c'mon, they were originally released in that small grouping known as mini bots for a reason, besides that would be like arguing rumble/frenzy/laserbeak/ravage should also have varying sizes because of what what are

8. Angelwave

News Credits:
    And the only reason for them to have been released that way back in G1 is because that was what the toys themselves represented, not because of the fiction. A plane should not be towered over by a car.

9. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I predict a deluxe Brawn within the next 2 years with a gears repaint.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Heck, I'm just happy we got figures of these charcaters at all.

Besides, if you're a Transformers toy collector you pretty much leave your need for correct scale at the door.

Instead of wishing that this character was this size or that size, how about asking 'are they a good figure'? IMO, all the G1 minibots have gotten great representations in classics form, whatever 'official' line they may fall under.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    powerglide CAN'T realistically be the same scale. A plane > car in size. People should be satisfied with powerglide.

12. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Exactly. He's an ultra, and that's as good as it can get. Rounding them out around the respective sizes if fine by me.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I love Universe Powerglide. I have the Henkei version and there is also the Hasbro version in red too, so it's not like there's even an issue over the colour scheme.

I'm more than satisfied with the minibots we've had so far. I mean come on people we're even getting a deluxe Warpath soon!

14. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I hope your prediction comes true.

15. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don't get people who thinks powerglide and seaspray should be gigantic...and then aplies the logic of their alt modes as a justification - if you want vehicles that scale well with others then go collect model kits or something, me, I collect Transformers, and as such I display them in robot mode and the robot scale is the only thing I care about.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

To each their own... I was just gonna say I don't get why people would prefer a teeny little airplane-bot just to mimic the scale discrepancies of the original toy line (which was a scale-free grab-bag from multiple lines). As far as displaying them in robot mode, sure, I think most of us probably do, but what does that have to do with it? Shouldn't a big alt mode translate to a big robot?

To the folks who want a tiny Powerglide, do you see him as being, like, a miniature airplane? The size of a VW Beetle? Who is supposed to fly in him? I just don't get it.

And yes, I know that as a Transformers collector you kiss scale goodbye early on, but I still feel like it is more satisfying if there is at least a cursory attempt made to keep the vehicles that should be large large, and the vehicles that should be small small. Even if it is to inaccurate degrees.

To the original point, yeah, I'd prefer if all the car-based Minibots were upgraded to deluxes to fit alongside their car-bot brethren. But I'd rather have a Scout Windcharger than none at all. Warpath I might have preferred as a Voyager, but don't mind being a deluxe since he's sort of a sci-fi tank anyway and the size difference between car and tank is a lot less glaring than between, say, car and airplane.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Warpath should have been a voyager and Windcharger should have been a deluxe.

As for Minibots we haven't gotten yet, I'd be satisfied with most of them as deluxes, except Wheelie, who should be a scout.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm with Grandum. I could not care less about alt mode scale. I don't display anything in alt mode, besides a select few.

This is part of why I've never gone and purchased Powerglide. He was never a large character (obviously I mean in physical stature), and it looks ridiculous to have him be so large in comparison to others on a shelf towering over Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and even Jetfire. Give me a Deluxe.

Personally, I would have been happy if the Minibots were all upped to Scouts. But of course Bumblebee kind of set the precedent.

19. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Now that I think about it I could see that. That would be pretty cool!

20. Disruptor

Ebay:
    ok just somethings i want to clarify

1. powerglide was a small glider plane with little engines, meant to hold 1 or 2 people, he can be little
    2. Megatron nuff said... guns aren't big, period
    3. beachcomber only released as a legends class as far as i know so it seems like we aren't holding a pattern of any kind
    4. magnus and prime are a little undersized if we want to get really technical.

anyways, the original point was that i think they should give us the classics and put them to a size that matches their 80's counterparts. k?