Minor/Repaint: Classics/Generations Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Feb 20, 2011.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

And here's my take on Arcee. Just finished her! I've always loved the character from the moment she sowed up. I can remember watching the animated movie when I was young and being like "A female TF, with a smooth form,......and she's pink! -Sold!" I know there's been several of these up here so I won't bother with the alt mode pics (we all know what that looks like by now), but here's a 360 degree view of her as she sits on my desk. The head and guns are from board member UUSER (Thanks so much!) who molded and sold these at one time, not sure if he's still doing them though......Anyhow, I love getting your feedback so feel free to let me know what you think of the new Arcee! here you go, enjoy folks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*UPDATE*

Thanks for all the feedback on the neck guys. One quick neck mod later.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! I actually DO want to see the alt mode since you took the hip kibble off. :)  I may have to cut them off now that I see this.

3. JaZzMan26

JaZzMan26 Well-Known Member

Looks great!! lets see the alt. mode!!!

4. wheeljack2010

OK cool, I'll get those alt mode pics up as soon as I can. Ha, my wife says she's jealous (I've already spent more time with Arcee today, than her), and I missed breast cancer awareness month by a few months:rolleyes2 

5. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell how the colors turned out. Are you using a flash? Plus..her neck needs to be shortened.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

The pink too me looks too pale. I almost thought it was white when my computer first loaded the pictures. If it's not because of a flash, or some weird photography, i'd say you need a slightly brighter pink paint. I'm referring specifically to the large kibble on her back, that pink. The pink on her chest is fine, imo, if a bit thick.

Otherwise, good job.

7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That neck needs shortening desperately, besides that the paint looks smooth and well applied.

8. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Looks good but the neck is way too long.

9. wheeljack2010

*UPDATE*

One quick neck mod later........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Much better with the smaller neck. Does the head in the lower position get in the way of the car mode?

11. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

^^
    I can tell you that it does not. Mine transforms into car mode with no problem.

12. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes that mold actually usable as G1 Aecee. Nice.

13. wheeljack2010

Thanks guys! @ Solrac333 - Yeah, it's a great mod that doesn't affect the transformation at all. A Treadshot A1 - Yeah, I could've done the traditional one color pink and lots of white, with a off-pink face like many others, but just wanted a fresh new look for her. Think of it as a "War for Cybertron" or just "Generations" version! I really like the way the colors flow together on this one, and the light pink base with the darker pink panel lining really does give her a WFC feel! I'm taking the same subtle color changing palette (using several different hues of the same colour) and applying the idea towards my "Generations" Topspin WIP as well. May not work for all, but I dig it!

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Very nice. The shorter neck is much, much better. Put up some alt mode pics please.

15. dhugieboi

dhugieboi Well-Known Member

Any chance you can change the hands? Smaller ones proportionate to the head?

16. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:

The Arcee color scheme works well and what shade of pink looks best is up for you to decide, but when I first saw this I thought you had just totally forgot to paint the face and I'm shocked to be the first person to mention it. Flat gray reads as unpainted no matter how you describe it. At the beginning of every project I spray everything that tone of gray as a base coat. There are lots of details in this great sculpt by uuser (I just ordered one myself actually) so don't be afraid to paint it and bring out all subtleties. Give it a nice base coat and add some varying shades of red to bring out the eyes, the lips, the cheeks, etc. Arcee is feminine and to deny your creation of those faculties makes your piece look unfinished.

If you want the colors to "flow" you need to add shades of gray else where besides just the face.. (besides the areas you've neglected to touch up. Glaring areas like around the crevices in her legs and the inside of the wheels that have over spray on them) Which at that point I would just abandon the pink and white and go for something drastically different. I picture a wfc Arcee being darker, more desaturated tones changing the palette from delicate and feminine (pink and white) to more of a warrior (dark reds, deep grays and blacks) All you've done here is paint her in her traditional colors and left the face gray.

You've got work to do as far as I'm concerned. Keep going and push it.

17. wheeljack2010

Call me crazy but I like the face this way. I think it's a good contrast and not too over the top "girly", but just my opinion. The overspray areas on the windsheild and tire wells and little touch-ups have been fixed, I just forgot to take pics and post them, will do as soon as i can. Thanks again guys.