Classics/Generation fans: Are we ready for a update to our updates?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzEd, Feb 24, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i like the mold, but how do you keep them from falling over without having their torso pointed down leaning over the front?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The only ones I'd like to see new toys of are Galvatron and Ironhide/ Ratchet. All the others are just fine for me. I know Bumblebee and the Seekers are starting to show their age and have limitations but they're still fine IMO. I'd rather them see characters who haven't alreadty gotten releases and characters from other media given some love.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't flip the heel piece out all the way, or extend the feet down. It adds stability.

4. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Hunh. I never had a problem with stability with my Prowl or Bluestreak. Just with those damn doors popping off all the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing updates of characters, especially if Hasbro puts new spins on them - for instance, RtS G2 Optimus Prime. Great toy of a character we've already gotten. The line could also definitely use a Powermaster Optimus Prime.

The Grimlock we have is based largely on the Pretender version, so there's lots of room to put out another more inspired by the original toy; it'd probably be much like the Animated toy, but without the Animated stylings.

A larger version of the seekers in the Voyager size category would be great; it'd be a new take on them that wouldn't necessarily "replace" the already issued deluxe versions.

I don't think they should necessarily just do a figure over again, but if they can find a new take on the character, I'm all for it.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    iIt's like you speak to my very soul.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO those figures are all still amazing

7. cuters

cuters Diabolist

A voyager grimlock and the seekers a bit bigger would be nice but we would have to wait years for all six to be released again.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see only the following.

Megatron (Either as a Earth Mode tank like in IDW Infilatrion orThe Ongoing's Shadow Blade Stealth Bomber design)

Galvatron (As a cybertronian space shuttle jet)

Ironhide/Ratchet (Based on IDW Infiltration designs)

The Rest i'm fine with.

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron and Rodimus are two figures I can say instantly need improving.

But before i'd like to see a reboot of Classics toys i'd much prefer to see at least 2 more Dinobots, Trailbreaker, Shockwave and Soundwave figures.

I find voyager Prime to be one of the best Optimus Prime toys ever, my only real gripe with it, is the cab doors on the arms, that's it.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro, please before updated updates, a little Trailbreaker love for the Classics. You can make Hoist with the same mold. Grapple is lonely!

11. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

the seeker mold was released back with the the first wave of classics, and it is still being released in 2011. Same goes for rodimus and bumblebee. I think hasbro are happy with them. I like the direction they took recently, universe including armada ad beast wars figures and generations releasing characters who have never had a toy before. IMO there is sooo much more they can do before they need to remake the classics line

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    I don't see anything particularly wrong with any of the existing molds other than Octane having terrible alt modes.

I'd love to see a new Galvatron Voyager mold, even though I actually like his deluxe mold a lot, just because I love the character.

Hot Rod is showing his age but I rather get a new true Rodimus Prime as a voyager (Winne-bago mode and all) than another Hot Rod.

The seekers could benefit from some better articulation, but I'm fine with a 3rd party releasing smaller null ray guns.

All in all, I'm with everyone wanting them to complete the G1 cast 1st or bringing some obscure characters 1st before re-doing any of the already updated characters.
    Same goes for RID, BW and japanese G1.

14. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, I say finish what's already been started (G1 original cast), and then maybe we can move on from there.

What I'd like to see is maybe more Beast era molds sprinkled in, like a Voyager Rhinox, or a better Dinobot, Silverbolt, Black Arachnia, etc.

Maybe even sprinkle in Armada stuff too. If we're going on the idea that Classics is "a line for replacing characters who got horrible, brick toys in the first place," then I think Armada should be next in line. I really hope that this Starscream that's coming up in Generations is the Armada design.

15. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definately want an update to Ironhide and Optimus Prime. A Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Trailbreaker would be great new figures imo.

But yes, the beast wars characters definately deserve updates, I loved Dinobot's update for the henkei line(as that was the one I bought), he's show accurate and a far cry from his original brick lol.

Cheetor was a mess and it seemed like they tried to make him look different or a cross between BW and BM.

The BW cast is small enough and could be done easily enough imo and that's including the transmetals too. I'd love to see updates and to be scaled, cheetor was outrageously scaled in relation to Dinobot.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I still have my g2 Megatron and i agree totally. I love the figure but talk about a brick!

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I think other non-G1 stuff could use some updates, such as from Beast Wars/Machines, RiD, Unicron Trilogy and heck, even Animated!

18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

This. As a Voyager.
    I'd also like to see new versions of Galvatron and Grimlock, both as Voyagers. The other Classic figures already work well enough for me.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we could choose four figures from other shows i'd go for:

G2:
    Tank Megatron
    Jhiaxus
    Pyro
    Skyquake

BW:
    Rhinox
    Rattrap