Classics/Generation fans: Are we ready for a update to our updates?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzEd, Feb 24, 2011.

1. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

What I mean is, our first taste of the Classics line was back in 2006, are you ready for a updated Classics Prime, Bumblebee, or Starscream mold.
    These are all great Tfs, imo but is it time for them to be retired and updated with something new?
    With all the new Tf engineering nowadays, I think it would be cool to update the deluxe Classics Seeker mold. What do you guys think?

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    How about throwing a bone to the other fans? Maybe some Classics Beast Wars?

I don't think those particular characters need an update. The Classics Prime mold still beats out a good chunk of stuff just released; why remake it?

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

No way! We're still missing a bunch of guys. Besides, technically Prime, Bumblebee, Megs and Soundwave did get new updates with the WFC stuff.

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I like them all, but wouldn't be opposed to a few being re-done.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them complete the 84-86 lineup first, but I'd like to see them try to do Rodimus, Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, and Ironhide/Ratchet again. Rodimus is really showing his age, and the Prowl and Ironchet figures rub me the wrong way for more reasons than I care to count.

A new Seeker mold might be nice, but let's wait until Hasbro gives us a Sunstorm with the current mold first.

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I love what we have but I do wish the seekers were about an inch taller.

I don't want any updates until I get a classics Trailbreaker! That little itty bitty one doesn't count!

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope, of the ones listed, we're fine imo, bb is a great mold, the seekers just need new weapons, prime is awesome, trailbreaker needs another update soon

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I cant hold it in.

As a Beast Wars fan, this really gets to me. I'd would give anything to be in the spot the you are in at this moment. My generation, the Beast Era generation brought Transformers back from the grave. Alot of times its almost like we dont exist, we dont get as much character updates as the older generation does. Yet you guys want more updates of something that already been updated?

Man I'd give anything to have new updates of the characters I grew up with. Even though Universe Dinobot was not in his correct show colors, I was happy it was made. Atleast I could buy a new update of a character I liked as a kid. Instead of another "salt in the wound" moment that Botcon gave me in 2006. Be happy something was made and you can have your characters now that are not bricks.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    :thumb 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd much rather see more non-G1 updates, rather than more G1 updates that have already had their time in the spotlight. Beast Wars and RID could both use some love. Especially RID, who's only main-line/mass release update was just a repaint (doesn't help that I never did see him).

Beyond repaints, the only Classics 1.0 figure I would be interested in seeing redone, would be the Seeker mold. I would love to see what Hasbro could do at the same scale, similar bot-mode, but with an F-22 styled jet-mode.

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Of all the older molds the only things I'd like to see "redone" would be Prime and Megs. And not because the first two were bad, but because Prime was just too small (imo) and Megs...well I never liked Gun Mode Megs.

Give me a Voyager (at least) "Powermaster" Prime and a Tank mode, G1 colored Megs and I'd be happy as hell.

12. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I hope they release a few more to complete the G1 crew. I used to love the G1 rereleases until Classics came along to replace them. Now I barely look at most of my G1 stuff.

Hasbro did good updates for the 25th release of GI Joe. For the 30th anniversary, they look much better. If Hasbro decides to do updates to the TFs in a similar way, I will buy.

13. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

A classics-style voyager seeker would be nice, especially if it eliminates as much undercarriage junk as possible. However, I can see it being less desirable to Hasbro because it'd be a more expensive toy. If they spaced the releases out over several years to recoup the molding costs, I could see them going for it.

Then again it took us almost five years to complete the classics seekers, and one of them, Skywarp, was still an exclusive. Would we be willing to wait that long again?

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I feel like since classics came out; between Animated/Movie/Prime, we've been overly saturated with Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream and Megatron. Once Genny Thundercracker comes out, I kind've never want to buy another version of any of the original six seekers ever again. Its been such a long, drawn out saga, I'd prefer to have done with it.

I know its not likely to happen, but I'd like to see the brand continue to focus the occasional spotlight on its rich backlog of characters, rather than just focus on the same half-dozen.

15. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a new Ironhide, though. Repainted into Ratchet (one I could actually find).

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not yet.
    Lets finish out the cast first... give us proper figure instead of Energon re-paints and the like.

The only time I want updates to my updates while the line is still running is to fix errors- like a better Galvatron or a Silverbolt that may actually combine.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anything, I'm intrigued by the fact that the Classics style has become a sort of meta-line. It's inevitable that popular characters will get put on the shelf multiple times, but in five-ish years there still haven't been THAT many Primes, Megatrons, etc. They are keeping some of the 2006 molds in circulation with Movie Colors BB and the Seekers.

I'm sure I wouldn't turn down a wicked new Starscream but I'm not in a big hurry for it. Admittedly there are disappointments like Galvatron, but I'd rather see that tackled in Masterpiece than re-done in Deluxe size. There's even the Energon one as an alternative if you just can't stand it. I can also make exceptions for so-so repaints.

Even when they inevitably re-do Prime, there's something different each time.

Threads like this make Jetbolt sad. :(  Also people who will spit nails whenever they think there's a chance of getting their favorite obscure G1 character again but instead they get another Optimus Prime. :p 

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

noooooo!!!

[​IMG]

ive got all i need except the new releases and roadbuster. i guess i could upgrade my prowl to henkei as well.

we need a voyager galvatron, blitzwing, shockwave, trailbreaker, springer and more before they redo another round. besides the wfc stuff are all new versions if youre bored...

19. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Well we did technically get a new Classics Prime with the RTS G2 Prime, though I agree that we need a new Megs, I want a good G2 Megs to go with G2 Prime now because the 2-pack Megs just doesn't cut it.

I'm not against Classics BW, as long as they don't suffer the same fate as Cheetor and Dinobot.

I'm also not against Classics RID, event though the RID figures still hold up extremely well.

20. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I say no need to update any Classics yet. With the WFC figs, G2 Prime, repaints of (Generations) Bumblebee and (Universe) Starscream, Transformers Prime and new molds in the Movieverse every other year, we don't need new Classics of existing figs yet. I want to continue seeing new molds of new characters from G1. I wouldn't mind updates from other series to help satiate those fans. If they did though, I wouldn't complain, but I would think it unnecessary.