Minor/Repaint: Classics Gears

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Auceps Prime, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    After seeing autobotx23 Gears I got some insperation to do my own. So I whipped up this today. I know its not much but with my skills in painting I didn't want to go to far and mess it up. But I think it came out pretty good. Also yes the head is a parts-former because it wouldn't fit under the hood so I attached it to the back. So what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    some fast work, man. it looks good, but I'd have preferred less red in vehicle mode. That's just an opinion, of course, and not a knock on the project itself.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Very nice. Dude, I swear, we have some mental link or something... That's the second project you beat me to....kinda.... I just picked up that mold. Except I'm using it to do Trailbreaker. One question though, did you have to take him apart to get Harvey Birdman's...oops... I mean, Wolverines head off? (that's who he looks like to me)

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

When you flip the head up, there's a screw underneath (IIRC). It's been a while since I removed the one on mine.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I really like the job you did with his head, and seeing that solid blue make me rethink my "washed out" color scheme a lil. Good work!

:lol , Ha! he does look like him!

6. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Yes like Satomiblood said there is a screw underneath, the hood attached to Wolverines head. But the only problem with that is after removing the head you are still left with a peg which will need to be cut off if you are adding a ball joint. You could also remove the peg inside Wolverines head by poping it off and reattaching it back to the hood and then mod the head you use to fit that peg, thats what I did.
    Also I had a lot of trouble removing the claws, you may have to cut them off because the arms on mine were glued together. even though there was a screw holding it together I could not get the arms apart. But all the other parts of the body seem to come apart for painting just fine.

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I took a small flat head to the wrist after taking out the screw..a little pressure and it separates pretty well. Once you pop it open, be careful cause the spring and claws fly out. :lol 

The head bracket I sanded down and added a ball joint for mine.

8. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Thanks for the helping with the info on the arms.
    For my next project with the crossovers I plan to make Captain America into Classiics Brawn.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this piece man. Great work :thumb