Heavy/Scratch: Classics Galvatron/Megatron WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by D-Unit, May 30, 2011.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though I rarely post, I actually do work on things, I am just too lazy to post WIP's, so since I had an extra day off, here's some of what I have been doing while waiting for paint to dry on the Stunticons.

First up is Galvatron. I had a voyager-size E. Megs that I was planning to repaint into Galvatron whenever I got around to it, but after looking at the figure, it just doesn't hold up with today's stuff. So I frankensteined it with a Classics Treadbolt and this is the result so far. He's about the same size as Classics Megatron and Prime, so he won't tower over Cyclonus when he's done. He will transform, I am just still working that out, my engineering skills are not up to par with some of you others.

The Megatron in the second pic, some of you might remember from the Megatron I started LAST summer (Yeah, I'm slow, I admit it). I've gone in somewhat of a different direction with it. Unfortunately, due to all the modding/cutting he doesn't transform anymore, but I'm OK with that. At 32 years old, if there's one thing I don't need, it's a child size gun, so I just focused on making a good robot mode. All comments/crits welcome as always

Attached Files:

2. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Superb! The arms and legs look great on Galvatron, very clever. LOVE your Megatron!

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man, hope to have more soon. Galvatron is actually A Treadbolt body with the Megatron chest and crotch, and a head from classics Megatron, with a crown from the Starscream coronation kit.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Epic stuff, my friend! I really love how Galvatron is turning out--that crown looks PERFECT! Your Megatron also looks great.....now tell me you have an extra G1 Megs cannon to trade me. ;)  (been looking for one for a good year or more). lol

Can't wait to see more on these, bro.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks dude. The Galvatron was inspired by yours, but I didn't feel like buying a Springer/Evac, so I just tried to use what I had. Glad you approve. I might have an extra piece of the cannon, but not the whole thing. Honestly, I got lucky, there was a bag on Ebay a year ago of broken Megatron parts, so I got the cannon, back cannon annd even the legs and hips which will be added later.

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    If you happen to have the front end of the cannon, I'll either pay or trade something for it. I have the connector and back end, just missing the front. I have the first G1 Megatron Reissue by Takara, just not sure that I'd want to snag the cannon from that for a custom. lol

As for your Galvatron being inspired by mine, I'm just glad I can help inspire a bit. Honestly though, yours looks great and I just may be inspired by yours to do a v3 at some point based on your WIP here. If I do, I'll shoot you credit and thanks. He looks pretty close to toon-accurate. Are you planning to leave the chest as-is or do you plan to build it more angular like the G1 toon? Either way you go, I applaud what you've done and where it's going so far! Keep up the great work!

7. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    I see now! :) 
    Really does look great.

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I checked, I only have the back piece of the cannon, sorry. As far as the chest, I'm just going to leave it. I have a feeling if I try to mod it, I'll end up cutting too much. I need to find a junker g1 Galvy for the tank treads and that back support piece. The piece from Treadbolt's armor is just a placeholder for how, and I need to find a way to make the waist rotate. But glad you like the look and where it's going. I'll try to get some more work/shots up today, if I can avoid the Memoial Day festivities.

9. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Dude, both are awesome! I espescially dig the twin hammers on Megs, shoulders! And the coronation crown is a total win my friend!

10. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

great idea using treadbolt. looking good

11. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

Both customs are very cool!:)