Classics Fuzors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wollstone, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There is a discussion going on in the Beast Wars thread about Fuzors and it got me thinking why the concept was never adapted for Classics style toys. To me it seemed like a logical solution to the problem Hasbro/Takara has developing triple changers with two believable alt-modes. Just merge the two together into one alt-mode. They don't have to replace triple changers, but they could be an adequate substitute until the engineering of triple changers catches up with fan expectations.

The story seems simple enough. Just have the triple changers fall victim to some anomaly that merged their alt-modes together. It could be ambiguous in continuity just like the PCC line so that fans do not feel like Fuzor Springer is his new G1 form and he is no longer a triple changer.

What do you guys think? Would you buy Autobot and Decepticon Fuzors? A Blitzwing that transforms into a jetank on purpose and not because the other alt-mode's kibble has nowhere to go?

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never really liked Fuzors. I don't mind the characters (Silverbolt, Quickstrike) but it sort of seemed lazy on the designers part. Like they didn't want to deal with a realistic animal so the crammed a couple together to make up a new one they could work in their designs into.

Taking the concept to vehicular modes can just lead to weird stuff like chopper blades on sports cars or battleship cannons on biplanes.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think it would be a good excuse for bots to have unrealistic (which I love btw) alt modes, and give the designers less limitations and constraints in designing alt mode.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Just as long as they don't call them Blitzwing and Springer.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I disagree. For the most part they managed to make the elements of both animals in beast mode rather realistic. And I think it takes more imagination and creativity to design an alt-mode like that.

Well we end up with stuff like that with triple changers anyway. Might as well be on purpose and this way they could design it to look better.

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This would probably work for Flywheels or Battletrap.....but I would like Classics Triple-Changer characters to stick with separate alt modes

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hasbro do seem to be going more for realism these days in terms of alt modes, certainly in the molds we are seeing if not always the colour schemes, so I'm not sure if they'd produce anything like that in the near future.

I think I'd need to see a few design examples before deciding if I liked the idea or not.

But it could definitely throw up some very interesting aesthetics...

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Does Perceptor count? He's a half-track. ;) 

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Just like PCC? You'd rather they be obvious/vague homages open to fan interpretation?

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    interesting so those this concept would make Broadside an aircraft carrier who could land on himself o_O 

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think there are "realistic" merges, and "unrealistic" merges. A sci-fi vehicle that is completely out of whack can be hard to accept, but one that is logically feasible, maybe well accepted.

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'd buy it. Flying aircraft carriers are common in a lot of fiction these days.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, I like the idea. But I also don't want them to be Blitzwing or Springer just to leave the door open for real triple changers. That way you could make them your placeholders 'til better ones come out.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I actually REALLY want an aircraft carrier transformer. But I want one that is at least Leader class (preferably at least Supreme class) and not of a movie aesthetic, but of classics updated type.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh man I lol'd very hard at this!

But seriously, I think they two 'merged' alt modes would have to be realistic ones (ie actual real life tank and helicopter likenesses for example, rather than fudged Cybertronian ones) otherwise it's just cheating :D 

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I've been thinking that for awhile. I dont see why there couldnt be a vehicle Fuzor, like a half car and half jet. Although while they are doing that, I want Silverbolt and Quickstrike as well.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Oh yeah, I agree. The alt-modes need to have obvious bits of each alt-mode, or else we end up with something that looks like it's own vehicle and not a fusion of two.

Just like Quickstrike, he has obvious bits of snake and obvious bits of scorpion, but it works together.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Anyone feel like Photoshopping something together as an example of this idea..?

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would, if I had photoshop.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Me neither. Any suggestions for two vehicles to 'fuse'? Not just 'car' and 'plane', what makes and models would go best together?