Classics Future

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jokerswild, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

Well I've completed me classics collection yesterday after finding Ramjet @ walmart in oldbridge NJ and while i was happy to finish the line i couldnt be more upset that my favorite TF line (and i've complete seriese of ever line after BW) I done and over with this early.. I mean the movie is still a few months away so there is definately time for AT LEAST one more wave.

I know last year at botcon hasbro said they might continue classics after the movie release. How does everyone feel about this? does the fandom want classics to continue and if so what characters do we want to see?

aside from the obvious ( Finishing the seekers collection)

I want an updated Cyclonus more than anythting and since i'm not a fan of either of the titanium lines i want the g1 movie villians cast in good old plastic hell they could reuse the scourge mold for all i care but i need tp bulk up my decepticon army.

I also wouldnt mind a few more dinobots grimlock just looks incomplete standing on my classics shelf...
    I wouldnt be dissapointe if they repainted a few cybertron or energon figs as well for the line armorhide as huffer, I already stand in crosswise for jazz and bulkhead for springer...
    sorry to go on a rant here but its how I feel

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    There won't be any more toys before the movie. However, who knows what exclusive toys there will be for Botcon. I would put good money on Classics repaints.

3. jokerswild

Yes i have a thread in the convention section as to the botcon figs, I just dont want to see such a good line go to waste if we only had this instead of armada

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I'd be willing to bet that one of the BotCon exclusives will be Classics Thundercracker.

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure a lot of fans want Classics to keep going. I'd like them to stick to new molds for the bulk of the series, but if they had to they could pad it out a little more with repaints if they were at least decent-looking.

It'd be even better if Hasbro would use Classics to capitalize on some of the kick@$$ customs that have been materializing lately, like these guys: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=124145

I'd also like them get an inexpensive G1 Arcee in there, as well as some of the unproduced exclusives like the 3H Strongarm repaint/remold as G1 Brawn.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Classics moulds used in the exclusives; although not all the toys should use them. As for post-movie, if they do continue the line I'd love to see some entirely new moulds.

7. jokerswild

Yes i've seen that cyclonus for a while now, i really hope the creator sells it as a model kit or something cause i really would kill for that fig lol

8. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I, personally, hope not. Because if it is, that means I will never own a Classics Thundercracker. If there is a Thundercracker released in Classics, I sure as hell hope it will be in the main line. That way I will actually be able to buy it.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Like What Hasbro said at Botcon They;ll Probably countinue the lIne if it's a Big Sucess and guess what It is so Maybe in The Fall if where lucky

CLASSICS TC

10. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I want to see something new. Classics was a good pre-movie idea. They should have had one more wave this spring though.

11. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    I agree 100%. Knowing my luck though, he'll be a BC exclusive. :( 

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to see it continue, provided that it doesn't become nothing but repaint hell.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I kinda figure this is it - we've seen the best we're gonna get out of the Classics. :( 

14. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I really wish now that I have all of the Classics that there was more. :( 

I hope after the Movie line and whatever the next line is they make some more! Maybe every time there is a "BIG" line they will use Classics to fill them in for the next ones. At least I hope so.

15. ozmirage

ozmirage Well-Known Member

Well it would be good to see it continue only to get a few of the charcaters that never got re-released or commemorative re issues.

Of topic: btw where did u guys get those G1 cartoon avatars from????
    i been looking for a few.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm giving this thread my standard response to "future of Classics" threads:

1) There'd better be more, this line is too good to die now.

2) The Botcon exclusives had better not include Thundercracker, Dirge, or Thrust.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd just like to hear a definite yes or no as to whether the line will continue or not this year or next. If not, I am definitely picking up Megatron and Astrotrain(held off for potential repaints).

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Boy, if we had as many actual new Classics figures as there have been threads ABOUT new Classics figures, I think we'd all be happy campers. :) 

Just kidding... it's always fun to talk about. And yeah, I agree with the general consensus: the line is awesome, I would love to see it continue, but aside from the Botcon set I doubt it will. The line will never fully realize its potential.

19. RED51977

RED51977 Member

As a collector just getting back into the transformers collecting this line is great to start with as they all look awesome. As for figures to make if the line continues after the movie would be Dinobots, Soundwave, Shockwave, Jazz, Prowl, the list could go on and on. A Thundercracker would be cool and how hard is it to get botcon exclusives?.

20. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    It will probably include at least one of those. I'm willing to bet on it. :(