Minor/Repaint: "Classics" Earthmode Slipstream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Demonss, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Guys this was my entry for the Sector70 Fembot challenge.

I based her off the War For Cybertron mode (colors and all) and saw that slipstream fit a jet that looked somewhat similar to her WFC model. So I figured it made like a good earth mode for Slipstream having come from her WFC incarnation.

I had fun detailing some of the energon coloring she had going through her (the light pinks).
    With a little bit of cutting to the foot parts of Terradive he even was able to have high heels. A bit slanty perhaps, but heels none the less.

I placed lower in the competition than I had expected to be honest (though I didn't expect to win after seeing the competition!) and am really looking for criticism on what's missing from my interpretation of slipstream! I am happy with my interpretation, and frankly thought it was one of the best repaints I've done. So my glasses perhaps are tinted in a light that let me not see what others are seeing.

Thanks for looking!
    Feedback always welcome!!

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    awesome my plan for slipstream involve that mold to :D  any tips?

3. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    I really don't see anything wrong with your painting or modifications at all, in fact, they're looking pretty good. I'd say that the biggest problem is that although Terradives jet mode fits Slipstream very well, the bot mode is way too masculine. The smaller head only makes the shoulders appear even more broad.

4. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah sand the crap out of the sides of the jet where the nose cone portion slides forward.. I broke a few terradives because of that portion. That's the biggest tip I can give you.

Other than that it was a breeze to work with once I figured out where it was holding up.

Any thing else in particular you're looking for I'd be happy to offer help on!

A valid opinion! I can see where the shoulders look even more broad because of the head size. I wonder if that's one of my main hang ups.
    The Terradive mold is a mixed bag. My lack of being able to pose characters in any meaninful way may make slippy look more masculine than intended. However I really now can see the shoulders looking a bit broad, and if that was changed up it might completely change how this character turned out.

A bit of retooling on the thighs to make them more shapely might have helped too.

Now that the contest is over I may go back and change a few things!