Classics Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    do you think we'll see anymore? i really love that we got 3 dinos in animated, but would really love to see more dinos in classics, and now that they are giving us cheetor and dinobot i wonder if its more of a possibility now...i would love to see a voyager sludge, and deluxe snarl, and a ultra two pack with a swoop and slag with slag being slightly larger then a deluxe...and i'd like new dinobots too, maybe an ankylosaurus...he'd be awesome...

ravenx17 mentioned in the animated dinobots thread that you could call him sledge, and i think that kinda works...

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I'd like a Paddles toy.

srsly.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Probably not while the Animated Dinobots are around

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I'd love to see more Classics Dinobots, the comment Hasbro made refering to the Animated Dinobots, that they want to put as many more in as possible, I think we're definetly more likely to get more Animated Dinobots than we are Classics/Universe. Seems like the Dinobots are making a bit of a comeback. Especially since we're supposed to be getting a Masterpiece Grimlock in the somewhat near future.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The animated ones are better. If they get Sludge and Stegoformer into animated I'm all for it.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Hasbro a) ditches that stupid 'if its in animated it can't be in universe' rule and b) expands Universe so it doesn't have to just be real world vehicles. A new Grimlock plus Slag and Snarl as Voyagers, Sludge as an Ultra and Swoop as a deluxe would be a dirty dream come true for me.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing people keep on forgetting about this rule is that it's not absolute. They just don't want to release two similar looking figures in both lines at the same time. Prowl, so far, is the only one that'll be on shelves at the same time. The others will have a chance, but later on, once their Animated counterparts are no longer available in stores.

8. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Wait not to change the subject but hasbro is rereleasing dinobot and cheetor toy?? Is it a repaint or a whole new mold??

I hope they are new molds and have better beast modes and upgraded robot modes

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cheetor is a new mold (we've seen pictures of him), and he seems to be a really good upgrade, imo. His cheeta-mode is more realistic. As for Dinobot, we aren't even sure he's being made, but if he is, he'll more than likely be a new mold. Whether he'll be a Beat Wars Dinobot homage or a homage to another G1 Dinobot is still unknown. Personally I hope it's a new mold homage to G1 Snarl. I'd rather get a new mold Stegosaurus than a Beast Wars Dinobot homage.

10. Rdfnd1253

I rather get both. My fave dinosaur is stegosaurus and snarl was my fave G1 character when i was younger so a new incarnation of him would be awesome but I would like a better made BW dinobot figure that looks more like his dino mode with the sickle claw on each foot and a better robot mode. DOes anyone have pics of the new cheetor?

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  12. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed on all parts :thumb 

13. Rdfnd1253

thanks Raven...that cheetor looks alot better in beast mode than the original but its robot mood is only alright. Still a big improvement over the original figure. But wuts up with the tail as a whip?? Where's the gun for this guy!?

14. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they'll make the rest of the Dinobots in Universe too. A new Grimlock would be nice but to be more realistic they could keep him the same and release Slag, Snarl and Swoop as deluxes and Sludge as a Voyager. Also it'd be great if they started making more animal forms in Universe because then we'd have hope for Universe Classics Predaking. With Predaking I'd make all the limbs deluxes and the body Voyager sized so they could release him as a giftset. With him as voyager with deluxe limbs he'd be bigger than the other combiners from energon/classics so he'd fit right in.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    dude...classics dinobots vs classics predacons...even if they didnt combine, that'd be so slick...

16. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm all over Classics Dinobots but if they are to do it, we need a better (and bigger) Grimlock. I'd like to see Beast Wars-styled Dinobots. I know they kind of tackled that in the Beast Machines line but I didn't like the execution. I'm talking G1 designs but with skin and feathers on the beast modes and all that, like would fit in with Beast Wars (or even the IDW Shockwave Spotlight issue), if that makes sense.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm happy with the Classics Grimlock we already have. Though I wouldn't turn down another new mold for him, just as long as we also get at least new molds homaging Snarl and Sludge, if not the other two as well. Also, if they do make more of them, I hope they keep the robotic look to them. I have nothing against Beat Wars styled TF's, but, I'd rather the Dinobots stay their robotic selves.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    dude, i would love that...

19. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

That's one heck of a mold. Bought on site.

As for Dinobots... I figure I'll make Animated Swoop my Classics Swoop. Grimlock is fine as he is. I would like to see another Slag to go along with my G1 Slag that I got at Botcon 06 for five bucks...

20. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I'd love this soo much.