Classics Dinobots any future hope?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jokerswild, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

Hi all, I've viewed these boards for a very very long time now and only recently joined up.
    I purchased classics Grimlock yesterday and truly love the figure he was the only one in a PILE of mirage figures!
    I was just wondering though if theres any chance we will be getting the rest of the dinobots? I'm a lifelong collector and have full sets from g-1 to present but recently i've packed away most of my collection and only display recent figures whom i feel represent the g-1 cast respectfully.
    I'm truly hoping for a full dinobot line up in classics and basically posted to see how everyone else feels on the subject on the dinobots.(no i will not be picking up the classics mini-cons.. to me its just pushing the limits)

thanks

Bill

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

At Botcon they mentioned that if Classics were continued later down the road, Dinobots would be on the "short list" of stuff they'd want to do. I highly doubt they'd do all five of them though.

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I hope not. Try as I might, I really don't like the Grimlock mold. It's chunky and akward, and not that pretty. I just don't want to see them mess up the other Dinobots like this.

4. jokerswild

Thanks for the replies, like the botcon news, i thought i read something like that over the summer.... As excited as i am for the movie, I'm very dissapointed they're not going very far with the classics line... even though i know it was just a "filler" line I enjoyed it most of all i think. I have the energon Dinobots and hate them... they had so much potential but were killed by a gimmic...

5. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I hope they do and was just thinking of this while Transforming my Classics Grim.

6. ricprime

ricprime Banned

i hope they will. it would be badass!

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

The question is which ones will they do, I wonder?
    Swoop and Slag would be my top choices (after Grimlock, who we already have). Swoop being the most logical if they do more than one; give him cartoon colors (blue torso) and they won't run into the "2 similarly colored toys on the shelf at the same time" problem.

8. jokerswild

i would really like Slag and sludge truthfully, swoop and snarl i can wait on..
    i say this mainly because i already have energon swoop who although he's a piece of crapola myself... I feel if we don get a classics at least we have something... and snarl never really did it for me in the first place.
    I'd really really like to see an updated sludge though

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Sludge would be pretty cool, plus, unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen any new Sauropod TFs since G1.

10. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

I'm seeing some re-emergences of classic bots recently, mostly the 'masterpeice' and 're-issue' series. I have to say I don't mind the 'alternators' either, at least they look like decent Transformers.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, youre right...somehow the Sauropod gets no love at all...and I'm hoping that Hasbro gives us more Dinobots! :D 

12. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    more Classics Dinobots please :thumb 

13. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I can't see Hasbro doing a whole wave of Dinobots for the Classics line, not when there are so many other characters they could do. They could give us one Dinobot per wave, but how long is the Classics line going to last?

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When one of these "future Classics" threads pops up every couple of days, I always feel disappointed for the poster pining for a release of X character. Aside from a couple of repaints and the minicon teams, Classics is over and done. We're seeing the movie toy protos popping up on eBay, so we know what the design team has been working on - and it ain't more Classics.

Some of the comments made at the Botcon panel about the future of the line (which were pretty noncommittal) are enough to give someone a tiny smidgen of hope that there might be a few additional releases in the future. However, to resurrect the line post-movie, I'd imagine sales would have to be pretty stellar for the current waves, which I don't believe is the case (although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on that).

Aside from maybe an exclusive or two somewhere down the line, my bet would not be on getting more Classics.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I hope they don't do more dinobots, at least not until after they do about thirty other characters. Which of course they never will.

I know the dinobots are well-loved, but I feel they don't really embody the spirit of Transformers the way it is embodied by robots with vehicle or object modes.

So yeah, I doubt there will be anymore Classics dinobots, which is fine by me.

16. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I would love if the Classics line continued, regardless of what additional characters are added to the list. As cool as it would be for the rest of the Dinobots to come out, right now my short list is a Thundercracker repaint of Starscream (to go with SS and Skywarp) and remolds of Ramjet into Dirge and Thrust. It's about time all six seekers showed up in one line again. As for Sunstorm, he could be a Botcon exclusive or something.

But this could all be wishful thinking, as most of our early speculation always is.

17. jokerswild

I agree that the future isnt looking super bright for the line, but it would just be nice to have the dinobots as a whole again... i also would love to see the whole seeker teams together i started this thread just to see if the interest was there... for now I've accepted the line isnt going to be much more than what we have so i've mixed my classics figs with my Armada/energon/cybertron figs and they mix great together

And i dont think the sales are sub par on this classics line every store in my area is and has been for quite some time sold out of these figures only one i see is voyager prime warming the shelves