classics devstator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malach Ra, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    do you guys consider classics devastator apart of the classics line? I dont consider him apart of the line at all. he still has energon written all over him and just cant accept him as part of the classics line.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Hell no, and for the record he is a pos. E combiners blow

3. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do.. he was in the Botcon Comic, and the D-Cons need a combiner in the line....

for right now... yes. And I would love to see more for the upcoming Universe line.

4. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have classics Devastator because I have the Energon version, but I have that version displayed with my other classics and consider that part of "classics." I also have the othre Energon combiners displayed with my classics and consider them classics Superion and Bruticus. With that said I also consider Energon Strongarm classics Brawn, Cybertron Smokescreen classics Smokescree, Cybertron Brakedown GTS classics Kup, Energon Arcee classics Arcee, Energon Bulkhead (without back pack) classics Springer, Energon Downshift classics Wheeljack, Cybertron Blurr classics Blurr, Energon Rodimus classics Rodimus Prime, Energon Towline claissics Skids, Energon Inferno classics Inferno, Energon Roadblock classics Grapple, Energon Swoop classics Swoop, Energon Slugslinger classics Slugslinger, Energon Galvatron classics Galvatron, Cybertron Soundwave classics Soundwave, Cybertron Runamuck classics Runabout, Energon Shockblast classics Shockwave, Energon Ravage classics Ravage, and the Cybertron Scrapmetals classics Rumble an Frenzy. I even go as far as considering Cybertron Metroplex classics Metroplex as well Energon Wingsaber classics Star Saber.

Basically if it is a descent G1 homage it goes with my classics display and I consider it 'classics."

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I don't really consider Devastator or Soundwave classics.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I do - just because he's marketed as one.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't, because he's not made up od 6 classics Constructicons. I do however consider Energon Downshift, Cybertron Smokescreen, Music Label Soundwave, and Energon Swoop as classics, until/unless something better comes along.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't consider any previous line repaints to be part of my classics collection.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Energon inferno could be Ironhide.
    Cyb.Leobreaker could Vic Leo.
    Arm.Smokescreen as Grapple

and Blah,blah,blah.

Oh,classics Devastator is a part but i mixed my Collection up different lines on different shelves,i like the idea.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Meh, by association. The individual bots, though brittle and kinda cheap, are better than the actual Devastator they form. As a big bot he's way too flimsy, his head it too small, and his torso is weak as hell. But like every other exclusive I'm sure he'll climb in price in due time.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No but I would have made an exception if the combiner was made up of 6 individual robots (like the original) instead of 5.

12. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm sure there must be something wrong with me, but I LIKE Classics Devestator.

But then, I'm a sucker for Devestator in general. At the first TF con I went to, I bought Universe Devestator. At the second one, I snagged Classics Devestator. 1 Devestator a year seems to be the rule.

I'm hoping they have a new one out by next spring, or I might be forced to get the micromaster Devestator (Hmmm... heard that Hi-quality knockoff guy was gonna do the G1 giftset... maybe that'll be there)

At any rate, the Energon combiners in general just work better with the Classics stuff. In Energon, the big imposing combiners were smaller than half the bots in the line, which is just wrong. But Classics... everything is scaled to the Voyager-sized leaders, so the combiners are imposing once more.

I like Classic's departure from the massive leader-bots. In G1 Optimus and Megatron weren't the biggest and most powerful... just the best mix of power, size, strength and intelligence. Both sides had bigger, stronger bots. Power wasn't what made Optimus and Megatron leaders.

13. Autovolt 127

News Credits:

Yeah,it's tha tthey lead becuase they fit the job discription and be dicks.:p 

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the only Classics figures I didnt buy were the Soundwave and DVD Prime re-issues and the Legends. Everything else was a 'real classic' to me

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    He's more like Energon Devastator/Constructicon Maximus to me, with a better deco.

16. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Me too except i like Steamhammer's face better but I can live with that when i get him.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Yes he's Classics.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yes, just so I'll be organized. The line won't look complete if Classics Dev is hiding with another series or something

19. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    He's is aslong as they upgrade them that's what a true Classics is.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I concider him a part of the Classics line. I'm probably one of few that hope that they decide to repaint the other two Energon gestalts for the line, lol.