classics devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Feb 5, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    having not picked up the energon version, was looking fwd to this guy. ive the other 2 combiner molds but passed on this because it was the least liked one - didnt care for the shoulder kibble nor the goofy looking torso guys alt mode.

now that i have him - i like him! number one, hes frigging cheap. the 5 bots average out to cost less than half what a deluxe cost, not to mention the rare jap version.

anyways, my only issue is with the crane guys configuration as legs. not as sturdy as bruticus nor superion. but he can pull a decent pose and doesnt have to be splayed like superions a-10 guys.

wouldve prefered the black repaints to be in purple, but this guys are a bang for the buck, plus, we finally get a US boxset! wootage.

[​IMG]

also, devys motto is goofy as hell, wtf

[​IMG]

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

nice... i want one (five).

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got the other 2 Energon Combiners but I never got this guy so I'll probably get him if he's cheap enough. Looks pretty good in those colours.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this one...

i have the G1 original and am never thrilled by it. looks cool, but playability is ZERO.
    I got the TF Universe version of Devastator for roughly 2 bucks per fig, and though he is like Superion, Bruticus and etc...he is still a decent copy of the G1 and i like him.

Build King, that was a piece of Shite. My best friend spent over 2 hours with it and said it was frustrating.
    I spent more time making sure he didn't come apart when i had to move him.
    didn't like that one.

but this one, this one looks nice and the alts look rugged.
    i want this one to add to my constructicon collection.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    "I hate anything shorter than me, and most taller things too"

gheyest quote ever:lol 

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i know! XD

dudes musta been high on something when they wrote that lolol

7. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    man, i cannot find this thing at stores at all.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Unless you live in southeast asia, it hasnt been released yet. And there's only one store you'll be able to find it in when it is released (Wal-mart)

9. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How big is each individual robot? I'm guessing they are a little bigger than the Classics Mini-cons but smaller than Classic Bumblebee?

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They're basic/scout size, with the exception of the middle peice, which is deluxe sized. They're much bigger than Mini-cons, while smaller or the same size as Bumblebee, with the exception of the deluxe which is most likely bigger than BB.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The colors are nice but he just doesn't have that "haunting" look of G1 Devastator...I kind of want to laugh when i look at this one...and that quote is definitely gee...

This is why I decided to make my own...80% complete... :) 

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    KA, how are the joints on the individual figures? Any mold degradation? I hope not, I really want that set now.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sorry, but i didnt try out the members.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of the Energon combiners, and am delighted this guy is getting another release. Hopefully we'll see the others in the future, too.

I don't LOVE the gestalt modes, but the individual bots really are impressive - some of the best basics from the last few years, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the advance pics!

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    im still torn...ive got the energon version, so i dont know if i really wanna shell out any money for this one. but i guess it'll depend on when he gets released, and how much money i have, and how long its been since ive bought a new TF since i only need cliffjumper and the ultra magnus set (one of which i hope to find today) i kinda wish they had at least remolded the head or something...but oh well....also, i wanna see comparison pics with the RID repaint, to see which one looks better....

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now that this set has hit the US, perhaps this thread will have a small revival.

In general, the set looks pretty snazzy. Can't say it looks much better than the Energon versions, but it definitely doesn't look any worse. Joints and such on my set didn't appear to be any looser than on Energon. Hip joints were a little floppy on the individual bots, but not any worse than before far as I can tell. The biggest thing I noticed was that the track unit on Scavenger (formerly Steamhammer) didn't peg in back very well for the combined torso mode.

The biggest downsides are the same ones that came from the Energon combiner itself, the repeated limb-bots with claw hand-parts, the legs that are too close together and need to be splayed in combined mode, and the small face which looks very little like the G1 Devastator. Not to surprising since it's a repaint though.

Overall, it's an OK set, though I wouldn't recommend it much if you already have the Energon version.

17. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I have the Energon verison and think hes a pretty sweet figure, the best of the combiner i think. Have all plans on picking this guy up just for the color scheme alone, think its a great repaint and should look good with the rest of the classic figures.

18. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

comparison pics anyone to display the color differences?

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance someone who has this could take a pic or two of Scavenger in robot mode? It looks like Scavenger might have the same misassembled region as E-Steamhammer, but I can't tell precisely from the pictures that I've seen thusfar...and I probably won't have a set of my own until sometime later this week.