Heavy/Scratch: Classics DEVASTATOR 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MALFUNCTION, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has done this custom and inspired me to do my own rendition of Classics DEVASTATOR.
    introducing Classics DEVASTATOR 2.0.

“What’s the best way to prevent a painted custom from scratching and chipping? Don’t use any paint! Featuring the color matched plastics DEVASTATOR. I tried to use only pieces that matched the entire color scheme of the original classic from the 80’s. However, the difficulty of creating such a figure includes finding and making sure the pieces matched as well as functioned properly, all pieces plug and play with ease. Whats cool too is that all the accessory pieces are integrated into both devastator mode as well as alt mode aka "battle mode." This custom does everything the original did and much, much more! Enjoy and i hope you guys like it!!

25th Anniversary Classics DEVASTATOR 2.0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. EvaleSuperion

EvaleSuperion Banned

News Credits:
    The MALster at it AGAIN! :rock 

Looks not only is it G1-Accurate but has G1-Toy Accuracy too.

I own one of Mal's pieces and I must say they are STURDY!
    I feel like I can toss it across the room and it still won't break apart!

Can't wait to see it in COMBINED mode!!!!!!!!

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

oh heck yes

4. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

why are you so cool.

5. MALFUNCTION

Thanks Evale, please dont throw it across the room that took a while to build...lol devastator pics coming soon.

right on thyvipera!!!

thanks, not sure how to answer that...lol

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I notice Long Haul is not painted the light green like the rest of the Constructicons, but I guess you'll finished that up asap. But the rest of what you're planning is going to be mind-blowingly awesome. So keep us posted, MALFUNCTION.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Now THAT'S what you do with combiner kibble.

Can't wait to see the combined mode.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  8. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    nicely done, but again: please do not do thes ecomic-lines it kills the coolness of your awesome work!

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Lol, you are such a combiner tease.

10. MALFUNCTION

Sorry he's staying green, actually the only figure painted is Mixmaster the rest are all original plastic colors.

RIGHT ON MAN!!! Yeah that was actually the hardest part of creating this custom not only trying to figure out how each mold would become not only a bot as well as bot body part but having their accessory work as bot weapon as well as a bot body part accessory.

sorry ill have real pics up soon they arent fully done, still need detail, thanks tho yeah this is more of just a teaser.

Sorry Satomiblood...lol, atleast you didnt call me a cock tease like another member did...lol.

11. Satomiblood

That was FrankyWest, I think. He says many awkward things.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I guess on the issue of the posterize filter, I wouldn't mind it anywhere else on the boards, but the best thing about the Radicon section is that you can always be critiqued through any point of a build as long as you provide material to be critiqued. I feel it kind of cheats us as well as yourself to hide what you may view as flawed or still unfinished with those filter effects. There's nothing wrong with showing a project in progress, clearly evident by the amount of work put up on a daily basis. And if anything, watching your process only helps us all appreciate the piece as a whole when it's completed. Anemis' threads are a prime example of that. Yeah, he's ridiculous when it comes to scratch building bots, but he shows us step by step his progress. And everyone here appreciates that, since we can clearly see exactly how much work went into that build.

A bit of a tangent, I know. I'm no mod, so you certainly don't have to take in anything I just said, but that's my two cents on the matter. You do some great work. Don't cheat anyone out of the experience, especially yourself.

Anyway, about the Constructicons- I can't believe they color match so well. Naturally, Long Haul and what left of Barricade might need some work, but two out of six is quite surprising. LOL Makes me want to trade the ones I've got for those yellow-green ones. Can't wait for the Devvy pictures.

13. Satomiblood

Yea, MAL's been told about the distracting filters so many times.

14. MALFUNCTION

No worries Kusanagi, your absolutely right man, i really only put those filters there because sometimes my pictures come out too dark or sometimes they just look bland and just need some livening up. I mostly use the filters to look at the overall form of the figure because it highlights the entire border of the figure. I may use the filters but i also put up a lot of regular pics too to balance it out toward the end once i take pics. But i seriously welcome your opinion and thoughts it means you actually took some time to review my work and you really care about seeing more of it. So i would like to thank you:) 

15. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

awesome job man cant wait 2 see ur devy? so hows next? bruticus,defensor,computron or maybe abominus?

16. MALFUNCTION

cmon Satomiblood...lol ive gotten better dont you think...lol ill make you guys a deal for every picture with filters ill put up 4 without it...lol. You freakin crack me up Satomiblood.

17. MALFUNCTION

I'll let you choose Destructicon?????????

18. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Thats cool with me. either way your take of Devastator will be cool to see when completed.

19. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

wow really! thats a real honor bro! id really like to see u do a fight scene with defensor and bruticus like u did with superion and menasor! defensor's my fav autobot combiner!

20. MALFUNCTION

Man i tell you to pick one and you give me 2...lol!!!!