Minor/Repaint: 'Classics' Decepticharge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alteron_Sheng, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When Binaltech came out, I really fell in love with some of the molds and characters, however I much prefer the scale of the Classics so I've been slowly re-purposing or creating toys to be representations of the Binaltech characters I enjoy in the scale I prefer.
    ---
    Decepticharge's base mold is a KO Armada Blurr who I got at Botcon for about a dollar, if that. When in car-mode, he'd have half an inch of his legs sticking out past the rear of the car, and most of his joints were loose.

I wanted to make him less of a shell-former, so I chopped off about half of his backpack and attached it to his legs. The long 'spoiler' remained attached to the backpack and I'll be filling in the gap between the front of the car and the rear once my Fixit Sculpt comes in.

The backpack was also cut so that when in robot mode the spoiler hangs like a cape behind him, and I managed to deal with the minor issue that every single screw on the toy was loose because it had been stripped.

His face is from a cheap 'Navy Seal' toy and will be heavily modified (again once my Fixit comes in), as well as having his helmet 'finished'. Once all the sculpting is done he'll be painted up in yellow and black to become my Classics Decepticharge.

Feel free to point and laugh as much as you so desire. ;) 
    ----
    (I really hope I upload these images right... *worry worry worry*)
    ====================
    I do hope I'm posting this correctly. If I am mistaken in how I do so, please accept my apologies.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I'm certainly interested here :) 

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I;m looking forward to a final product. I love Decepticharge's head sculpt so you gotts do a bit more to get it there. Are you gonna add more leg articulation to this guy?

4. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see this finished~!

5. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Yeah, right now his helmet is just carved into a very VERY rough version of how I want it to look. As I said, I'm stuck waiting until more FixIt Sculpt comes in.
    While I want to add more mobility, I'm hampered by the fact that he is a cheap KO, so I have to be careful that what I cut can handle transforming and play stress. Moving most of his backpack to his legs does allow you to FINALLY use his hip joints to their full range. It also makes him more stable by putting more weight on his legs.
    I'm slowly digging through my parts bin, if I can find some knee joints that will fit as his legs slide up and down that I can attach well, I'll use them, Sadly everything I've been doing is still hampered by the fact that most of my TF and Zoids collection was stolen when I moved a few years ago, including my original parts bin. :S

6. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Update

I dug through the parts bin and found a hip swivel with swivel hips that fit DC perfectly.
    I also found two black seats that I got from a altenators junk/parts lot a while back, and used those to broaden DC's chest. Of course with the longer body and broader chest his old head is now too small so I'll be making/buying a new one from him that's a bit bigger, hence the bare ball joint. I was planning on adding articulation to his arms, but I think I'm going to see if I can add ball jointed wrists/hands and leave it at that.

Attached Files: