Minor/Repaint: Classics Coneheads Thrust and Dirge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wingsbr, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    First things first, I know that thrust is not the same without the VTOL wings so I'll just make that comment myself because I'm pretty sure it would be coming from somewhere, rather expectedly. Now, I was going to use some G1 wings but it didn't really look right being so big so I opted for him to be just like the rest wingwise. This is a circle of sorts for me because the whole reason I ever gave repainting a thought was because I wanted the seeker set and wasn't going to pay 150+ per jet. I'm glad it happened that way because I have found an awesome hobby around something that I already had passion for, Transformers. With my repaints I always give credit to inspiration and this round goes to cuters whose custom dirge is a nice homage to the G1. Enjoy!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    They look great :D  and you made Ramjet even more white ! I like them all a lot, I don't get bothered at all with the "wrongs wings" etc. Thrust actually looks very imposing !.
    Great job :thumb 

3. SonRay

SonRay Banned

superb work. Im going to be doing my own TC soon as well and yours is a great inspiration. After seeing these coneheads i might go ahead and do them too. But id have to make his wings accurate though as im anal like that. :p 

4. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Active Member

Nice work!I always thought the Starscream mould was the best of the classic reissues.I'm not a G1 or G2 fan but Hasbro/Takara made a good job of that one.I'm trying to do a live action movie style/classic hybrid of the mould myself (still a work in prog at the mo')
    [​IMG]

5. Wingsbr

News Credits:
    Thank you for the kind words. The only thing I did with Ramjet was rub alcohol to get rid of the red and gold paint, I think it looks better that way.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thrust needs something on his wings. just the two colours makes him seem out of place with ramjet and Dirge

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Those look great! The lack of VTOL wings on Thrust doesn't actually bother me; I think it's sort of neat that all your coneheads have a unified body design. And his coloring still screams Thrust. Is he painted or dyed? SureShot90 picked a good word to describe him... he IS imposing, with that blood-red coloring and jagged, jet-black wings.

Anyway, the only thing I might suggest for both of them would be to put some sort of highlights or extra detailing on the inner surface of their shoulder intakes. That part looks a little bare to me, just being the same color as the rest of the body. And since Starscream, Skywarp, and Ramjet all have detailing there, I think it would help them fit in more with the officially-released Seekers.

Incidentally, I think it was a really good choice making Dirge's wings yellow and black, versus just yellow. That would have looked off.

Nice work! :) 

8. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very good work on the paint, Dirge looks spot on and Thrust looks great regardless of what type of wings he has.

9. cuters

cuters Diabolist

great job i really like your work durge looks sweet i like thrust too the wings dont matter you only need to make your self happy totally awsome man

10. Wingsbr

News Credits:
    Thanks for the wonderful comments, I really appreciate it! I wanted uniformity among everything else so I instead of painting "classics" designs on the 2, I just took the paint off the one. I did the opposite with my classics TC by adding some triangle sweep stripes in lieu of the G1-Botcon stripes. All of my customs are sprayed with Tamiya paints and then I use their paint in the jars for the details.

I agree with you about the intakes being boring. At first I was glad to just get them done, but now that you mention it and I look at it more and more, I realize they should have some color in there.

Any ideas for the color for the intake vents??

Edit: Added Pics and painted the intakes to match the wings. It actually brings the triangle aspect of the coneheads into their robot modes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, looks great! :)  The extra little paint apps in the intakes look really good. You're right, it echoes the conical shape of their heads.

Awesome! Great figures.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    did ya know you're supposed to flip the top wing-pieces around and over? so the top surface is facing forward in 'bot mode. :) 

13. Wingsbr

News Credits:
    Yeah, the only reason I don't is because I kept getting paint rub from the yellow parts onto the blue.

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    did you sand that area down before you painted it??

15. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really do need to get someone to do this for me.........

Nice work!

16. REDLINE

News Credits:
    What are you talking about? you know how to repaint figures! :stick: