Customs: Classics Computron Idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I recently came up with an idea for a Classics Computron bash. I also came up with a Movie idea, but, I liked this one better :D . I currently don't plan to do it, but, I would like to if I can find all the parts that I would need for it. C&C are welcme, just please keep it civil and on-topic. I would be working on Overlord, but, the weather around here hasn't ben condosive to a good painting environment. BTW, before someone brings it up, I'm not going for super G1 accuracy, just an update to the characters. Thanks for looking :thumb .

Afterburner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Strafe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lightspeed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nosecone:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scattershot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

cool! :thumb 

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nice. And you'd only have to figure out how to get two of them to attach.

Also, Computron or not, I'd buy the Terradive mold in those colors.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not too bad. I like to see a more modern version of these characters then having it like you said super g1 accuracy. Keep up the great work.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys :thumb . I've already figured out a way to get Lightspeed to combine as one of the legs (I'll need a junker Energon combiner limb to do it, but, I've found a way). Afterburner is the only one I haven't figured out yet. Then again, I don't own either one of the paintjobs done with that mold, lol. Wether I do this bash or not, I'm going to be busy next year with kitbashes :D .

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    i like the idea. cant wait for it

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    looks cool! my only recommendation however is that you might want to use Ransack > Lugnut, only because it might gel better with the rest of the teams aesthetic.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Most of these seem like they'd work... except the style seems like it's a bit too diverse. The Technobots always seemed like they should all be high-tech vehicles... at least to justify their name. :) 

I mean, the Harley-style motorcycle and the old A-10 Warthog fit the characters, but seem like sort of oldschool vehicles for such a team.

I'm liking the idea of Cyb Ransack as Afterburner and Cyb Swerve as Lightspeed. Maybe the red and white triangular jet from the Energon Aerialbots would be a better choice for Strafe? Nosecone could be... um... maybe Energon Offshoot with a drill-mount?

Incidentally, this is something that always bugged me... is Afterburner -really- a motorcycle? I mean, he resembles one, but the front of the vehicle mode looks more like a cockpit than just a windscreen. It always struck me that he was actually some sort of larger 2-wheeled vehicle, similar to the Cobra Stun from GIJOE...

zmog

9. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I was thinking of this the other day, and Afterburner actually has 4 wheels on him. He is more of a small strange car really like the wardens vehicle in DEmolition Man.

On Topic, I have a junker Stormcloud if you need it. LMK

10. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Very nice, but will they combine

11. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Will they blend?

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a shame, 'cause you'll have to.

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

would it be possible to kitbash energon blackout into being afterburner's lightcycle?

or for that matter one could also use cybertron ransack for afterburner.

i think it would be pretty simple for that one really as it would only require salvaging energon duststorms upper body minus the chest arms and head then a simple swap out job to remove duststorms rear wheels and a slight bit of dremil work to replace them with a set of rear wheels salvaged from energon sledge with the whole thing being used to replace ransacks front tire assembly and also serving as a beefy set of front wheels and also a combiner socket port

as for lightspeed he could be made from duststorm by simply swapping out the lower left arm for a second lower right arm with the rear feet being swapped around with one another and set up in a upside down position to serve as the front bumper gaurd.

thatshould effectivly convert the crane truck into being a heavily armored cruiser car

for strafe i would suggest using energon windrazor and energon skyblasts lower arm mounted wings, skyblast feet cannons, lower arm wing armor and skyblasts back , head mounted cockpit and nosecone and chest mounted rear wings.

the wings could be used to replace the wings on windraozrs lower legs while the lower arm armor would be used to beef up windraosors lower arms on the outside of each lower arm

as for the fet cannons they could be used to bulk up windraozors lower legs on each side of the ankle joint while skybalst back and nosecone could be used to replace windrasors chest and cockpit and skyblasts rear wings could be used to replace windrasor's rear wing mounted backpack

as for giving strafe as a arm limb a lowe arm and fist to work with i would go with energon signal flares energon shiled the half of it that has the centered hole drilled into the bottom of it wich the other sheild half plugs into with a dremiled down alternator fist being used to plug into the hole in the half shield to form computrons lower right arm and hand.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm gonna have to echo the Ransack > Lugnut idea, and even suggest that Cyb Brakedown could work as well, if not better. While also suggesting a modified Windrazor/Treadshot as opposed to Skyshadow/Terradive. And just for the heck of it, I think Kickback/Blight would be a better Nosecone then Bonecrusher/Sledge. Just paint him orange and pop a drillbit at the end of his feet. It might even be possible to have it detach and become a weapon.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

QFT. I echo your sentiments. :) 

zmog

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments guys :D . While you have come up with some pretty good ideas, if I do this, I'll more than likely use the molds I chose for my digibashes. I was purpousfully going for a miss-matched athstetic for them. This way it's more of a surprise that they are a team and combine together to form one bigger robot. The only one that I'm concidering changing the mold for would be Afterburner, and that's only because I'm not sure I'll be able to get one of those conection things to fit in/on the Lugnutz mold. Other than that, I've basically figured out how they all would combine. Also, the reason I chose the mold that I chose for Noscone, is that he'll already have a connector in him, and I'll be able to make his drill nose thing become a weapon in bot-mode. As for the whole tank thing, I personally don't see it as important to his character, and like I said in my first post, I'm not going for super G1 accuracy :D .

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well that's also the reason why I suggested Blight/Kickback . They're the tank from the Energon Bruticus and the nose of the tank already has two pegs where his Energon 'hand' attaches too. So all you'd need would to just fit a drill weapon onto that and he's ready to go. The bot itself would need no work other then re-paint as all that would be needed would be to rig up a Drill to fit his pegs.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, I still prefer my idea :D . (btw, I knew which mold you were talking about).I like the bulkines to him, and I won't have to do much painting, as he's already brown and yellow/orange. I also like the big tires instead of tank treads for his alt-mode. I've been looking at gallerys of Ransack, and, I might choose him in the end, but, I plan to do some digibashes before I make a final decision :thumb .

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Oh well ok then!

Btw, if ou do start work on this on, you gotta keep us up to date. I'd love to know what you have planned for the Swerve > Lightspeed conversion. Making a Classics Computron is something I never even thought of when it came to these guys. Now that the idea's there, it's something I'd love to see. As far as I'm concerned the only downfall of the Energon combiners is the reuse of limbs, and customs like these brings out the best of these bots imo.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. I'd honestly be keeping people up to date on my Overlord bash, but, the weather hasn't been helping with that, and I've been a bit more busy with college, as we've been doing are midterms the past week or two. As for the Energon combiners, I can't remember who did it, but, someone did a really awesome Bruticus bash based off of the Energon Bruticus, but, he changed it up a lot, and it turned out really great. I don't have the tallent to do something that awesome, but, when/if I do this bash, I'll try my hardest :D .