Classics coming out soon? -looks like it.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark_Convoy, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For cryin' out loud. Why in the world would Target deliberatly mark something like that up? I can't believe I work for such a shallow money grubbin'... *ahem*

Calling Dark Magnus! Have you seen the POG revisions coming up for our store yet good buddy?

Anyways, that's going to be some heavy duty shelf space for TFs if they're coming out within the next month or so. What with Cybertron still on the shelves, the new version of 20th Prime, the TF Titanium stuff getting released, the Alternators line and now Classics... yeash, going to be a busy Christmas season...

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    crazy. could it be true? i can't imagine them alloting a shelf space for a line that's not due out for another 3 months. Maybe Target got some kind of first release type deal for Classics like when Wal Mart got E Megatron early?

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I see most Targets giving shelf space to Transformers from Star Wars. The Titaniums are the same size already, so a phase out will be easy. There are plenty of lightsabers and other Episode 3 swag that can go to make room for classics, and the big Prime can have the Vader mask slot.

Sooner is going to be better for these guys. Target had an August shelf date prior to this anyway, that was when the Classics name was first disclosed.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Doubt it.

It's already mid-June, there are no toys in Hong Kong in package and ready to be sold, there's nothing in Australia/NZ.

Probably just a pre-placement thing. Unless Target got some sort of advance on 'em. They're not even being solicited to online retailers yet from independant suppliers.

Doubt it doubt it doubt it.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe Target jacked the price up becasue they're getting them early.

7. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Either these will start showing up in retail stores in the far East in the next two weeks, some sort of early release arrangement was reached with Target, or this is inaccurate.

My guess is that Target's computers are off by at least a few weeks. Going by Starscream on Ebay and how polished the packaging looks, I'd say that we will definitely see them long before Hasbro's November listing, but I'm thinking late August at the earliest.

8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the only thing I can think of. But Target didn't get the Sigma 6 stuff early and we jacked those another three dollars as well...

Also, while it doesn't make any sense... I have seen toy space aloted for an item that won't come in right away during the seasonal pog set. The explanation I was given for that is that the store is so buisy during season they don't want to have to take time out to do a partial revision... could be a Target wide thing or just my store... can't really be sure, because I don't work on POG and I feel sorry for anyone that does ...tedious...

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wonder why Target has never said anything other than August then. Maybe they'll move to November and lower the price, but I for one would pay a little more to get the first wave sooner!

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too. But I hope they'd come more than one each character per case, because overwise I know at least two other guys I work with overnight that I'll be scraping with for the first case... :D 

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Y'know, I really hope this is true and that they do show up early. A classics TF below $20, with the designs that I've seen so far, is really worth it - at least, in my opinion. I can't wait to see these on the shelves.

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target charges extra for a number of toys.. Sigma Six Soldier class, Star Wars vintage, etc.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm with Kickback. No way Classics are coming out this soon. We're halfway through June and there are still original Cybertron molds that haven't been released yet.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nobody's claiming that Cybertron and Classics won't run concurrently.

15. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

sounds cool for you guys in the states.

The UK however will probably only start getting them when the movie comes out in cinemas!!

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Despite my serious disliking for the colors of megatron I know im going to get it for just the play value around my room. I dont consider the markup a huge deal.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that's the interesting thing. Nowhere has it ever been stated that Classics and Cybertron won't continue concurrently through to the release of the movie figures. Even if you take into account the "official" November release schedule for Classics. That still puts them alongside what we currently have been given confirmation of actually seeing for the last few waves of Cybertron. And if the Wal-Mart listings are to be believed than I'd say we're going to see Cybertron repaints well into next year... at least into February or March.

Of course, Cybertron could always do what it did last year too... around this time the seriously stepped up the release dates of alot of the waves (particularly in the deluxe and scout price points) which is why we're getting so many repaints now... not complaining mind you as most of these have been stellar.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope it's true... This damned drought is KILLING me...:banghead: 

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unfortunately, Hasbro UK said at Toyfair that Cybertron will run up until the Moive line hits here = no Classics. They seem to think they have to show the line at Toyfair anyway before they can release it over here, so it'd be about June '07 before they got here even if they did.
    Assuming TF even exists in the UK by the next Toyfair - Woolworths dropping the line this year must have hit them hard.

20. mighty megatron

mighty megatron Banned

oh that would rock new classics and football at the same time. i am geeking out right now.