Classics Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Oct 10, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

We're getting a Classics Devastator, and the Seacons are on deck in case, God willing, a retailer will pick them up.. what about getting other combiners in Classics, namely Bruticus and Superion (in more G1-ish colors)? Possibly if the line goes well, and they go ahead with the 'short list' figures? Personally, I'd be all for it (even if they were also store exclusives).

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd like to see...

Abominus
    Predaking

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would so love a Superion and Defensor, not in the upcoming Devastator fashion but the reissued originals. Kind of like what they did with Ruination in RID and Universe. Predaking would be way sweet too, and Menasor!

Hell give me all of them.

I am really hoping to see those Seacons come out though!

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    What about Autobot Combiners? Defensor, Computron, Superion, Omega Supreme (yeah, he's not one technically), and others? Give them the Classics Treatment and maybe even shrink down Omega Supreme to the Leader class ($40)!

If I wanted 1980s toy technology, I'd still be playing with my original Transformers. Give me modern toy technology or give me a (board) war!

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Well, if for the next Classic Combiners new molds are used then I wouldn't care if they don't ahve the exact same color scheme. A reference to the original one will be good. Heck, I don't mind if the same color scheme is used, I JUST WANT NEW MOLDS AND NOT REPAINTS!!!!!

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Honestly? I'd be willing to pick up some straight G1 combiner reissues, even if they weren't redone with the technology available for toymaking today.

Of course, I'd much prefer if they made new ones... ;)  I have to give the Energon combiners credit. They didn't come out too well, but it was a VERY good effort. Just wasn't executed very well.

7. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

i would be quite content wit the original molds (body and 2 limbs) of the e-gestalts, along wit 2 all new molds per squad. this would be a perfect op for them too. hastak... make it so!

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't see the other two Energon combiners redone at some point as exclusives (especially if Classics continues next Christmas), same with Omega as well (both TRU and Target have been carrying some BIG ticket items for Star Wars exclusives, if TF does well, I can see similar for Transformers).

But I don't expect to see any classic combiners or even new traditional combiners. The Energon releases were special deals, and due to issues in distributing, didn't seem to do too well in most areas (those that actually GOT all the limbs that is).
    If we get anymore classics combiners, I expect smaller scale stuff-
    3 part components like Beast Wars Magnaboss and Tripredacus that fit in the $20 pricepoint
    2 man combiners like the Energon teams (though I expect more unique combiners like Mega Dinobot, but not sucky) which would fit in either 2 deluxe or 1 Voyager offering

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

First off I have to say that I think the chances of new (original mold) combiners are pretty darn slim. Okay, now that that's out of the way....

The only combiners I'd really be interested in seeing Classics version of would be the Protectobots, the Stunticons, the Aerialbots, and the Combaticons. Any of the others get a little silly, with their robotic beasts and futuristic vehicles.

I gotta think they are at least CONSIDERING the Stunticons.... they've certainly been babysitting a few of the original names: Menasor, Break[Brake]down, Dead End. They're even already using "Menasor" in the classics, line, and as a black and purple truck, no less! I think it would be pretty funny if we see a Stunticon team that includes a yellow car called "Decepticharge." :) 

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, like you said... we're getting Energon Constructicon Maximus repainted as Classics Constructicon Devastator as a Wal-Mart exclusive. And they've pretty much said that they are attempting to put the Seacons into this line if they can find a retailer that's willing.

So, based on what we know, if they were to continue and give us other repaints (most likely if they are released as set they would be exclusive to someone) the other available combiners are:

Energon Superion Maximus: This guy could be repainted into G1 Superion easily... he's not far off from it now. Just add a little gold and black to the main figure and than "Superionize" the four limbs. Also, there's no reason we couldn't get the five original names: Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, Fireflight and Slingshot have all been used fairly recently and are trade marked with Hasbro.

Energon Bruticus Maximus: This is another easy repaint into G1 Bruticus. The odd part would be the fact that you've got two tanks and two helicopters instead of a tank, jeep, helicopter and space shuttle. Barricade pretty much works as an upgraded Onslaught... but thanks to Marvel they can't even call him Decepticon Onslaught... although that might change now that Hasbro is the one's releasing the Marvel toys. One of the tanks could be Brawl and one of the helicopter's could be Vortex. Brawl we know is available (at least as Decepticon Brawl) sense he's being put in the movie, but it's questionable if they could get Vortex... don't see any immediate reason they couldn't though. As for the other tank and helicopter... there's two things they could do here. 1. They could name them after the original other two G1 members and make the left over tank Swindle and the left over helicopter Blast Off. Or, if that's unacceptable to the fan-base, they could use the names from Ruination... Ro-Tor (for the helicopter) and Armorhide (for the tank)... at the very least this might work better.

G1 Bruticus/RID Ruination: Of course, they could always use this mold, assuming it's not been overused like most of the RID molds, and give us the original G1 Bruticus colors if the above is too much of a stretch.

G1 Predacons: They could release these guys in the Classics line. It'd probably have to be a TRU exclusive and definitely have to be done in all plastic instead of the metal Japanese version, but it's a potential possibility on the table for them. If they did this... I'd even go out of my way to buy an a second one in plastic to have a Predaking to pose with my Classics.

There's the other two RID combiners (Build Team and Team Bullet Train), but I don't really see how they could be turned into Classic characters... especially sense the Build Team to Devastator angle was already done in Universe and we're getting that repaint via the Energon Constructicons anyways.

All in all, I'd except the aforementioned, but I'd prefer if the line got popular enough that they could do all new molds for some of the combiners. At the very least Archer did mention that he'd be interested in making an all new Predaking if he got the chance. So, who knows?

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

If they did Superion and Bruticus (via the Energon molds, in G1 colors) I'd vastly prefer if they continued the with the giftset route, rather than having to track down each individual repainted member. I can't help but think that if they're ready to get some extra use out of the E. Constructicons, such as they are, that they'd be willing to do the same with the other 2 teams.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could stand a few repaints if they were done correctly. A Superion made up of the E. Superion Maximus would look good to me. Hell, I'd buy two of the Omega Supreme mold if they'd paint it to match the original G1 version.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

A G1 style E. Omega Supreme repaint would kick some serious ass.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well if they do new moulds I think either as a gift set or some thing like one voyager for the leader and 2 ultra's for the the other 4 members in the dinobots and predacons case and for the rest either a ultra with the leader and 1 limb and the other 3 in another ultra box or DLX leader and the others sold as voyagers 2 to a box. I just think that might work better given how case brake downs work now it would make the members less hard to find and easyer to sell.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd much rather see new molds, honestly.

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I posted this back when the first images of the Classic Devastator pack popped up during BotCon, and I still think its a good idea:
    I'd much rather have brand new molds, but I'm betting that's not going to happen.

17. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Any of them and Id like to see some classics period.

18. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

I wouldn't call Devastator a Classics- he's a re-paint from another line (I skipped him then, and I'll skip him again for the same reason).

I'll be happy with a REAL Classics Dev.... and Superion.

WAL

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

New combiner molds would be nice and all, but allegedly aren't going to happen any time soon; this is more of a take what we can get kinda thing.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Biggest problem I had with the Energon combiners was the "two of each" limb-bots. I'd love to see a set that used limbs from two or more bots to make a complete set. A "classics" Bruticus that uses Barricade with the tank, copter and either the two jets, or one jet and one construction vehicle to make a full set.

Either that, or start remolding things.