Classics Combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Jan 24, 2008.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

If this is in the wrong place I am sorry and move it.

Since Onslaught is a confirmed Ultra class dose this make it a closer confirmation that he will be a combiner?

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so but i dont think so

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard to say. I can't imagine anyone who would hope not, but we haven't found out enough about the figure to judge whether or not he'll be the center of a Classics Bruticus or not.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Compaired to Classics Jetfire how much taller would Ultra Onslaught be?

5. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

If it's the same scale as Cybertron, ultras should be a bit larger than Voyagers. Comparing C. Wing Saber to C. Soundwave there is more of a difference in bulk than height.

~X

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don't think we can say about scale yet until we see some of these against a figure that's been released. Just my opinion.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I'd give up air to own a Classics combiner of the Stunticons, Predacons, and/or Aerialbots.

But then if they did release one, I'd be too dead to enjoy it.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would totally not hold my breath for a combiner so much as think it'd be cool if it happened.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    After the "Classics" Devastator fiasco, I can totally see Hasbro making an effort to give us a legit all new Classics combiner - not just some rehashed repaint of a leftover A/E/C mold. Rumor is that Onslaught doesn't *appear" to be a combiner based on the upcoming pics in TFCC's latest magazine, but given the history of Hasbro's promo pics of figures - which 9 times out of 10 are mistransformed - I'm not giving up hope on a possible Combaticon set to eventually happen. I think we'll know for sure once Wave 2 is announced. If Vortex, Brawl, Blast Off or Swindle are included, I think it's a safe bet that we'll get Bruticus.

10. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

That is if Onslaught or any other classic comes with combiner parts then I sure we will be getting a combiner.

11. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Funny that Bruticus would be made up of Protectobots!!!

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wanna believe we'll get one on account of Onslaught--it just seems so random to select him without intending to follow up with the rest of the Combaticons.

But I just don't see it happening. The line is probably going to be so limited anyways, I can't see them buring five spots on a combiner. Not that I wouldn't love it, though. Maybe more likely in Animated--encouraging kids to buy all five seems like a solid marketing plan.
    :confused: 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I dunno. If they do end up giving us an entirely new combiner, I can almost see them following the template of the other Classics by making it self contained. Meaning, I don't know if there would be bunches of clip-on heads, fists, feet, etc. My hope is that is exactly why Onslaught is an Ultra - more toy to work with when attaching 4 other bots that used to otherwise rely on loose pieces to make Bruticus. But of course this could all just end up being wishful thinking.

Agreed 100%. It's going to be VERY disappointing having Onslaught possibly be a stand-alone character, regardless of how cool the toy itself may end up being.

I actually said/predicted/hoped that exact thing after seeing the Onslaught teaser image - that it could be a brilliant move on Hasbro's part to make Bruticus a sort of "chase figure". If you want this awesome huge bot, you gotta buy (and wait for) all the 5 smaller bots that are also released. I think that approach would be genius, and nothing could better secure sales of those particular figures than by going that route. Hehe, it's almost like leasing a TF - five smaller payments for a final goal rather than one large payment :) 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro did tell us that they were planning a Combiner, so Onslaught could be a good indication that the Universe line will be the one getting the combiner. Personally, I'm hoping that is the case, but we don't know for sure yet.

15. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Onslaught is a S.W.A.T. Police Truck. So if he were part of a set... I'm just sayin.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Onslaught being an ultra class figure kinda makes it seem unlikely ... kinda REALLY unlikely.
    I just can't see them making a gestalt out of such huge components in this day and age; we'd be talking at least Predaking huge here.
    Just don't see it happening.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda like the idea of Urban Combaticons. Just think of how that would look in real life "The Decepticons are attacking! Oh look, it's the police special weapons division! We're saved! Wait, what are they... oh shit!" :lol 

18. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    A combiner would be neat but really I just want the indy characters first, but spread them out a bit. Dropping $100(CND) for a combiner set all at once would be tough, especially if several other characters were available at the same time. A Predaking sized combiner would be really cool though......

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe both Onslaught and Powerglide are the centers of combiner teams. Remember the Minibot fan combiner mode? :D 

20. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I would love to see a classic combiner, but I won't hold my breath on that one. If it shows up... great! If not... life will go on.