Digibash: Classics Combaticons Idea w/Digibashes

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I actually do plan to eventually do this project, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to start it, as I've got some that I still need to start on. I decided to do some basic digibashes to see what the different molds would look like in these color schemes (though they aren't final, just getting a feel for the basic colors). When I do finally get to work on this, I will do plenty of modding to them (new heads, combiner parts, etc...). As always, I wasn't going for a pure G1 homage, but more of an update to the characters. I'm still not 100% decided on these peticular molds for them, specifically Swindle, though I'm happy with him the way he currently is color wise. I've also got an idea of how Onslaught and Blast Off will be transformed for their combined modes (pic for reference). Also, I've been using Redline's Classics Menasor as an isperation for this project (especially since the main bot in his Menasor is the same mold as the one I plan to use for Bruticus). As for the major mods that I have planned, most deal with them combining, but, I do plan to give Onslaught a flat-bed trailer with turret on it. Which I currently plan to use the left over Classics Megatron fusion Cannon that I have from my Shockwave kitbash for the turret, though I would love to get my hands on 2 of those KO one's with the built in light for this. I'm actually thinking about doing another major mod to Onslaught, which would boil down to me converting his alt-mode from a Cab-over engine styled semi to a long-nose styled semi (basically for the homage, and to hold the Bruticus head). Well, if you're still reading this, thanks for looking, and C&C are welcome, just be friendly with it, and keep this thread on topic if possible. Now, for the digibashes.

Onslaught alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Onslaught bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Vortex alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Vortex bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Blast Off alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Blast Off bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Swindle alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Swindle bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Brawl alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Brawl bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Combaticons alt-modes:
    [​IMG]

Combaticons bot-modes:
    [​IMG]

Bruticus Transformation Concept 1:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well, its a good idea and I hope its a great concept for Bruticus. Just keep us posted, Ravenxl7.

3. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Vortex looks badass!

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The d00d you have for Brawl is actually almost the same size as Prime.

Other than that, I like where this is going.

5. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offence, but good luck trying vortex to form any kind of limb.
    Other than that I like it.
    And mind my dumb-ness but what mold is the brawl?
    EDIT: I'm pretty sure it is robot masters reverse convoy.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I do believe you're right. good luck man. I think for that arm, you might want to flip the cockpit pieces up against the sides so you can have the hands there without making the arm look ape-like in length.. as it is in your concept pic, once you add the hands, his arms will go down below his knees.

Have you checked these molds yet to make sure you can get limbs that are the same length yet? specifically the legs as those will be the most important part.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm.... neat idea. I really like the Voyager Prime mold in Onslaught colors. And Vortex looks pretty cool! Brawl looks nice, even if his articulation isn't quite up to the level of the others.

I'm not quite sold on Swindle, though. I know you need a deluxe-sized mold for him, but the Red Alert mold just doesn't scream "Combaticon" to me... it's a suburban station wagon with a siren on it. :p  Unfortunately I can't really think of one of that size and aesthetic that would work better... but if you're willing to mix in Movie style, the upcoming Landmine figure would be perfect.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    For Swindle, the Cybertron Swindle mold works a lot better I think.

Needs very little kitbashing to get a resemblance.

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Considering the rather small size of the Robot Master figures, would it work better to use FAB Brawl for Brawl?

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    cybertron swindle is a basic, he's entirely too small.

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Umm... I'm looking at the digibashes and all I can say is "WOW." Change the heads a bit (more G1) and this looks VERY promising.

I'd say change Prime's top wind vane or make a custom chest piece and use the vane for Bruticus' gun(s). The whole project looks awesome and I love the choice for Onslaught.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Nice concept btw why u got rid of the quote from me?

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sorry that it's taken me a while to get back to you guys. I've been having some computer/internet problems at home, and have only been able to get on while at School. Basically, my modem is dead, and I'm not sure if it's fixable, lol. Also, it's taken me some time to gather all your replies, and make my own replies to them.

Thanks.
    Hmm….I’ve never had a copy of the mold, so I didn’t know. He’s another one I’m still on the lookout for a mold for.
    I’ve got some moding ideas I have for that mold will help with the arm mode.
    Actually, the cockpit pieces are his “hand”. I was going for a different look instead of the normal hand. As for the legs, I’m not sure yet. I don’t own all the molds that I plan to use for this yet.
    I’m purposefully staying away from the movie style, and I'm going for more of a Classics look. If I do use the Cy. Red Alert mold for him, the siren will be gone, and I will do some more modding to him to make him more fitting of the character.
    The mold is too small for this.
    I’m staying away from the movie style.
    Agreed.
    Thanks. Like I said in my first post, I do have plenty of mod ideas for these guys. I’m thinking about making a separate piece just for the combined chest piece, and incorporating it into the trailer somehow.
    Thanks. Umm...I was tired of it? I didn’t really have a “reason” to get rid of it, just didn't really want it in my signature any longer.

14. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, Robot Masters Reverse Convoy is pretty much the same size as a Voyager class toy. Maybe you could try Armada Demolishor or Deluxe Classics Megatron from the 2-pack with Prime, instead.

As for Swindle, I know they're not jeeps but what about making him from Energon Snowcat or Cybertron Defense Hot Shot? They're pretty cool military vehicles.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I can't see being able to turn Armada Demolishor into a leg for Bruticus. I also don't like his alt-mode, lol. Hmm... I gave the Deluxe Classis Megs a thought when I was first looking for a mold to use, so I might give him some more thought, but, I'd rather use a different mold. As for Swindle, I've also given CD Hot Shot a thought, so I might do a digibash of him. Hmm...Snowcat, I might do a digibash of him, but, if I do pick him in the end, I will definetly be moding him. I still like my idea of using Cybertron Cannonball as a base for him, especially because his bot-mode, and the fact that his inner body limbs are already the color I need them to be, lol.

16. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    For Brawl, I was just making a suggestion. I was looking at other possible tanks and it was really either them or looking into Beast Machines, whose only Deluxe-sized military-ish vehicles were Blastcharge and Stryka...
    As for Swindle, I can understand the logic of going with Cannonball because of the similar limb colors but these are the Combaticons, not the Station Wagon My Dad Uses To Go To Workicons... He really should be a military vehicle, that's why I suggested an Armored Personel Carrier (CD Hot Shot) or an artillery half-track Snow Cat). If you want to mod the latter, that's fine, but he is a good military vehicle to start from.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Consider this another vote for CD Hotshot as Swindle!

I have a similar plan lurking in the works (but I move very slowly on such things), so I already did some digibashing for Swindle... it seems to work well, and CD Hotshot has enough weapons that I could easily see him as a munitions expert. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zmog

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    you could even leave him untransformed with the exception of flipping out his feet and he's a perfect leg. you could flip the tabs on the front-end and have your connector joint hidden in there.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Way ahead of you on that one. :) 

The leg modes I have worked out for Brawl and Swindle are self-contained, solid, and are about the same height. So far so good.

zmog

20. REDLINE

News Credits:
    actually, you proly aren't :lol  I figured that out back in the spring, before I started the Menasor project! I originally was looking to make a brand new combiner. make the whole group custom characters too. I couldnt ever get everything to make me fully happy, then everyone saw the motormaster april fool's digibash and the rest is now history...