Minor/Repaint: Classics Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by project9, Jan 2, 2009.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Well, a Radicon ain't worth his salt if he doesn't have multiple projects going at once, right? =)

While still waiting for my tool to come in to work on Devy, I decided to repaint my extra Classics Bumblebee into Cliffjumper. I didn't really like the Hasbro version, so I never picked it up. However, I had 2 Bumblebees - the original with the smaller-than-the-tf-symbol air scoop and the later remolded one. Since my desk has many other Classics repaints and more coming, Bumblebee's starting to look a little lonely so I took the original one and went to work.

I modded the head with the tutorial here. I didn't like the cheeks from the tutorial, so I tried just bulking them up a little with mighty putty. It's not very smooth (and I kinda damaged his right side one) but I'm fairly happy with it.

It's just a repaint with a layer of grey primer and Guards Red Model Masters acrylic. I painted some Aluminum behind the front headlights instead of red. I didn't feel like adding stripes or flames or anything... do you think I should? or do you think it's fine as is? Thanks for your input!

Attached Files:

2. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Looks good. Do you have a problem with the hood scratching in robot mode? If not how did you prevent it?

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was a remolded hood scoop for classics bee??? Wasn't aware of that. Your repaint looks awsome by the way, I like it as is. Maybe some gunmetal racing stipes to add to his look though??

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Yeah, the scoop was smaller than the rubsign, so they fixed it. This was shortly after it came out, I think. Like a couple months.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/classics-11/classics-bumblebee-slight-chest-remolding-5475/

Do you mean where the top plates 'snap' onto his legs? *shrug* I haven't TF-ed it enough times to see if that rubs off. I tried it once or twice and it hasn't chipped yet - but it feels like a section that it will happen no matter what.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Nicely done. I like the solid colors of CJ; he never had a stripe back in the day, so there's no bother to add one now, ya know?

~Z

6. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Cool take on old Cliffy J. How hard was it to mod the head. P.S. It looks and sounds REALLY hard.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looks great! I don't think it needs any accent paint, G1 Cliffy didn't have any. BTW the head looks awesome!:thumbs2: 

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I was thinking about modding the head after I saw the tutorial (while looking for a tutorial on how to get rid of pins).

Cilffjumper looks fine in just red. Probably because it's red. I think Bumblebee looks pretty terrible in just yellow, but I also think yellow is an awful colors for cars anyway, so accents and such take away from that.

Nice job.

9. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

It was easier than I thought but still tricky. I tried just superglueing it but it wasn't working for me, so I had to use putty. With that, I noticed it was looking good without the added cheeks so I used the putty to smooth it out.

All I did was cut the seat down the middle and as close to the jetski as I could. Then I cut it down to fit. You'll notice that his left side is a little shorter/smaller - I trimmed a little too much off and didn't bulk it as much as his right side. I didn't notice until it was setting. =(

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it, nice job.