Minor/Repaint: Classics Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DanLyons, May 27, 2007.

1. DanLyons

DanLyons Vintage Lurker

I hadn't planned on a full repaint but the krylon paint I got for the head from Valkfan was a shade or two off so I changed my mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the poor photos - I really need a new camera.

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like that color scheme and the new head, I really want to do a re-paint of my own one of these days.

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I'm waiting for the Fusion to become "scratch resistant" before I put him back together, but, yeah, mine'll look pretty much the same!! :thumb 

(Except I painted all the gray, black...)

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work, that is how he should have come!

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The face inside the helmet is a little chubby looking to me, but overall, damn nice! Hasbro definitely should have given him a different head than Bee.

6. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    personally, I don't see the big problem with the hasbro heads. I don't see why the folks who make the custom toy-accurate cliffjumper heads, don't also do custom toy-accurate bumblebee heads, with the mask/visor, not the sunbow toon head. Now that would bee sweet.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Probably because people tend to go for the 'cartoon accurate' instead of 'G1 toy accurate.' Though Cliffy tends to have the same face in both cases, 'Bee doesn't. People seem to gravitate towards that cartoon look first.

Another thing that might put most off from the toy-style Bumblebee head is that the 'Goldbug' head is somewhat similar. Yes, it's still quite different, but the mask/visor feel is enough that if one wanted to go that route, they'd go with Goldbug. Hence why we've seen some Goldbug KBs before any toy-accurate 'Bee heads.

Of course, there's a great rule to kitbashing. Don't like what you see, don't see what you like, go and make it. You might just be the first one that inspires a couple others. At the very least, you'll have something unique.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've yet to see anybody make a head for Classics BB that's acurate to the toy or the toon. Cartoon BB had a pretty chubby face going on. The head that came on the Classics toy has Cliffjumper's face.

9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

That head just doesn't look symmetrical enough.

10. DanLyons

DanLyons Vintage Lurker

Just go for it! Each new interpretation brings something new to the table.

I considered that but I wanted him to still fit in with my un-modded Bumblebee. (Of course, now that I know how easy it is to get the spoiler off I'm considering a pure-yellow Bumblebee sans-spoiler)

My only real complaint with the original release was that it was the same face as Bumblebee - I can live with the silver detailing but the all red definitely has more of a G1 feel to it.

I think that's due to the "helmet" portion being so much bigger than the face portion - had I done it (and I DON'T have the skills to have done it) I would probably emphasized the face more. That said, I do kinda like the samurai-ish look it gives him.

I think that reflects more on my poor photography skills than it does the sculpt of the head. It's completely symmetrical in person and you'd never know to look at it that it wasn't factory made.

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Very cool!