Minor/Repaint: Classics CliffJumper repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bdG1, Apr 19, 2011.

1. bdG1

bdG1 New Member

What's up Radicons...

I am new to posting on this forum and hope to be active more often. The following is just a small attempt at repainting an old classics CliffJumper. The minor mods are based on WheelJack's CJ reshell to a funky-fresh Porsche. I liked how WJ relocated the front hood and side doors, so that more detail can be shown on CJ's legs and arms.

I used a balljoint assembly from a k.o. classics Mirage and glued it on the heels of CJ's feet for the side doors to attach to. If I can get a hold of another BumbleBee, I plan on re-doing the chest assembly. I feel the hinge that I used to attach the car hood to the windsheild was way to big and the hood part pops out too much near his neck. It also affected the transformation a bit, in that I can't rotate the back bumper all the way to CJ's lower back like I could before. But since I found out that smaller hinges can be found, I may try to re-do this part again.

The lower forearms/fists/BFG, I got from a Gundam 1/144 kit and attached them to CJ's arms. And the head of course was swapped from the WFC figure. I base-coated the figure with Krylon Fusion flat black, then another coat of Mr. Hobby "character red" over that. I drybrushed with Model-Masters gunmetal and aluminum acrylics. And then used future to seal the car parts.

Anyways, I am pretty sure I am a long ways to go before getting as skilled as some of the bashers that I have seen around. I'm gonna try though. Thanks for looking.

B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

so awesome!

3. bdG1

bdG1 New Member

...just a couple of alt-mode pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Love that bazooka cannon! Nice work!

5. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Nice paint job! I recently re-did my CJ as well, and am I right? Doesn't it look soooo much better?
    You have an oppertunity to take your repaint a couple of steps further by doing a couple of REALLY simple things...I'd hit that grill between the headlights with some black or silver, and then the headlights themselves...what I did was carefully paint them with a flat black, and then after the black dries, go over them again with a clear acrylic...it matches the rear tails better, and gives the appearance of tinted headlight covers.
    Great job though! The red looks really vibrant, and smooth.

6. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks great and welcome to the party!!

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    thats a new twist on his transformation i like what you did here