Minor/Repaint: Classics Cliffjumper mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

This isn't a new 'bash, but I hadn't posted it up here before, so I've just taken some fresh photos for it.

It's pretty much a stock CJ figure, as I thought it was pretty close to the mark as was, but I made a few little tweaks to it - the head has been slightly resculpted with Green Stuff, and I installed lightpiping made from my beloved hot glue, and painted it with Tamiya clear blue. I also switched the upper arms from a Bumblebee fig; it was getting repainted into Goldbug anyway, so I thought the grey shoulders would work better for him than CJ.

The other thing I did was to make a 'glass gas' gun for him - I thought it was odd that it was featured on his bio (as on G1 Cliffjumper), but that it wasn't represented in any way on the toy. I didn't want something big and bulky, and nowadays I prefer not to have errant accessories laying around in one form or another. So when I discovered that Armada Sideswipe's pistol fit perfectly between his arms in vehicle mode... "bingo".
    I made a little 'gas canister' by cutting out the central chamber from a spare GW Necron gauss flayer and pinning it into place.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the head and gun turned out really well mate.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks cool man...

The little pistol is sweet looking, and that head mod is nice!!

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    His "helmet" looks great and I had to look closer to even see the seams. I love that hot-glue light pipe too!

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks, guys. Glad you like the lightpiping, Lem - I think it's the best, simplest gimmick we've ever got on TFs, and it doesn't hurt pretty much any figure at all, so I try to include it on as many of my bashes as I can now I've got the technique down.
    I've found the blue doesn't show up in photos as well as say, red or yellow for some reason (unless you've got a light right to the back of his head, like in the eighth pic!), but it's still pretty effective.

6. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

the head mod is great, I likey

7. clay

clay Well-Known Member

Little touches go a long way! :thumb